News: Why Cowboys Have a New DB Coach

RoboQB

Reaction score
I hear you. One thing I wonder about this series is if Garrett’s office was a no record zone. This is the first season I have seen of the All or Nothing and Hard Knocks seasons that I didn’t see a player / head coach meeting. We saw position coach and player, and owner and player meetings, but no Garrett and player meetings. I found that strange so maybe they didn’t record the events that happened in Garrett’s office. Was his office even shown?

Interesting. Now that you've pointed that out. I believe that's a first. I agree, between the AoN and Hard Knocks series,
I don't think that's ever been left out before. I guess it was replaced with the game of catch between him and Dak... smh

cern

Reaction score
Everything in organization is analyzed and directions taken by those given leadership participation...all coaches and scouts. Stephen has followed the path for sensible and responsible cap management, but the entire staff chose investment in youth as well. A Jerry led team does seek imput and evaluations from those participating. Accountability is not lost, no matter the fan view or agenda involved.
I'm sure coaches have input regarding personnel. But I'm more interested in who determine their fate. Looks like it's Stephen now. About time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm sure coaches have input regarding personnel. But I'm more interested in who determine their fate. Looks like it's Stephen now. About time.

Stephen is becoming more of a face...I won't argue. But I still stand for now, that it is still an organizational directed work...and orchestrated by the hands of Jerry and those about him.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Why Cowboys Have a New DB Coach
http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/.../115630/why-cowboys-have-a-new-db-coach.html/

The Dallas Cowboys have a new DB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator they scooped up from the Seattle Seahawks and all the right things are being said in regards to the new hire (Kris Richard). What’s not being said is, ‘why the change?’

An example of ‘why’ is a flashback to the Giants scoring a go-ahead TD while the defensive coverage that was called was not able to enact effective coverage on the play and Sean Lee knew it. Unfortunately, his coach was in the dark and again, this is just an example of what Dallas had been experiencing for several seasons with the back seven in the current scheme. Sub-par results caused by design rather than the player’s performance.

Why is Sean Lee so important to Dallas? Here’s the in-game conversation between Lee & Joe Baker (was let go by Dallas this offseason) after NYG scored a TD to go up 10-3. Cowboys coaches called a defense that was physically impossible to execute, and Lee had to tell him so.

10:08 AM - May 10, 2018

It was past time to make a change and credit the Cowboys Front Office and Jason Garrett for pulling the trigger on Baker and several other assistants whose units were not performing up to standards.
I love that we have Kris Richard. He should make a huge difference. We need him to. Our secondary is very young. We don't have time for them to go backwards we need them to be better than last year. I can't remember that last corner that from their rookie year to the next they got better. We need that to take place. We need them to build on the end of last year. No matter who the receivers are or who the qbs are or both in the same game making adjustments on them like Aaron Rodgers kept throwing vs Jordan Lewis until it ended in a TD. We need Lewis to be able to take 4 straight throws and knock down or intercept the ball or just not let them catch it and not draw a penalty. And they need to be aware and not get confused on assignments im hoping Kris Richard can take them to the next level

cern

Reaction score
Stephen is becoming more of a face...I won't argue. But I still stand for now, that it is still an organizational directed work...and orchestrated by the hands of Jerry and those about him.
When it is time to determine Garrett's fate I'm certain he will have no input into the decision. Nor will any other coach.

CCBoy

Reaction score
When it is time to determine Garrett's fate I'm certain he will have no input into the decision. Nor will any other coach.

His credibility will do that, and based upon wins and playoff success...we or other coaches are not needed for that.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Interesting article. Not extremely definitive except to say that a blitz was called and they got burned for it. But the title says he blitzed too much. Not sure the quoted numbers support that notion, unless I misinterpreted the gist of the article. What do you make of it?
I only was replying to show Richard and Seattle came to a mutual agreement at best. I didnt do a deeper analysis.
I like the hire for us.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So Sean Lee has to explain to the coaches why their sorry arse plays don't work.

Lovely.

And we wonder why this team hasn't won jack under Garrett.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
So Sean Lee has to explain to the coaches why their sorry arse plays don't work.

Lovely.

And we wonder why this team hasn't won jack under Garrett.
You better believe a guy like TO did the same to Garrett. TO is on record saying he’d tell Garrett things he saw from defenses and Garrett wouldn’t listen. Lol I wish there was an all or nothing in 2008 to hear a Garrett-TO interaction