Why Cutting Carter was a Blunder

Reaction score
DoomsDayD said:
You can always tell when it is a slow day in cowboy land..We get the nonsense threads. Maybe if we throw a number 1 at the jets we can get QC back.

Heyyyyyy, maybe if we give them BOTH our #1's, they'll give us Curtis "Parcells' Guy" Martin, AND throw in Toby Gowin for good measure??

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
BadKarma said:
I'll give Carter his dues. He probably would have improved in his fourth year, second in this same offense. How much, no one will know. I'm just glad this is behind us and we can move on.

Nors, you must let go, brother!...let go...
BadKarma...I agree 100% with your post.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Vastly superior?

Are running game, until Jones came back, was WORSE. We lost Campbell, Glenn, and Bryant. At best it can be called a wash.

As for points per game the defense had two TDs and 2 safeties last year, and we returned an onside kick for another TD. This year we have a wopping 2 points from the defense. 20 points over 16 games means a 1.25 difference in points per game. ;)

A wash? Are you kidding me? Keyshawn Johnson by HIMSELF was better than AB and Gallowaste put together last season. Glenn has been hurt, but he was having a great season before going down, and Witten is a pro-bowl talent now at TE and is having a season most WRs would KILL for. Wash nothing. Plus adding Al Johnson back on the OL, this team is a lot better on O than it was on 2003. To argue otherwise is lunacy. Vinny SUCKS, accept it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
You TOTALLY miss the point.

Do you really think the NFL cares if he used weed? Ask Ricky Williams.

The point is that Carter couldn't be trusted. Sure people seem to think (although I wholeheartedly disagree) that weed is somehow "ok" to use. They think it really isn't a bad drug.

But the NFL suspends people for using it. Apparently, Carter was in the program. One more offense and he's suspended for four games. Is he really worth the risk?

Seriously? Imagine us going 10-5. We've made the playoffs and we're playing for the NFC East title. QC has had another solid season. Imagine if QC had another positive drug test. What do we do then? The NFL isn't going to care if he was only smoking weed. He'll be suspended for four games and he'd miss our playoff game, possibly costing us a Super Bowl.

Now.......is he worth that? No........we owe it to the players to find someone we can trust.

You asked why wasn't Carter's situation explained? Simple........they couldn't legally explain the details. Unfortunately, this leads to speculation.

We need to get past this. Sure, I believe this is where our season started going south. But Carter did it to himself. JJ and BP both said what I believe. "He let us down".

Isn't that why they went out and got Vinny? In case there was something that prevented Carter from playing every game during a season. Injury or drug suspension? Wasn't Vinny supposed to be the experienced veteran that could guide the team in case something went wrong? So, why not keep Quincy when you have that insurance?

wileedog

Reaction score
Mash said:
gbrittain said:
wileedog;

Vinny has KJ and a improved Whitten.....bascially all Carter had was Glen and Anderson and Glen isn't a possesion WR.

Glen was hands down our best reciever this year before he got hurt, possession or otherwise. My point was Carter never looked downfield, not that he couldn't hit slants or short comeback routes to a guy like KJ (which he couldn't, but that wasn't my point).

Futhermore, what about Antonio "All World" Bryant? Is he only good when someone is whining about Parcells getting rid of him, but crappy when evaluating Carters mediocrity?

Carter's play was every bit as infuriating as Vinny's is this year, but hey, anything to knock one more nail into Parcell's cross.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Isn't that why they went out and got Vinny? In case there was something that prevented Carter from playing every game during a season. Injury or drug suspension? Wasn't Vinny supposed to be the experienced veteran that could guide the team in case something went wrong? So, why not keep Quincy when you have that insurance?

Carter cut himself.

Suppose he did get caught again, he would miss 4 games and the next time, he would be suspended for how long? Vinnie was brought in to backup in case of injury. He wasn't brought in to roll dubs for Carter.

This is rediculous. Lets move on already with this thing.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Carter cut himself.

Suppose he did get caught again, he would miss 4 games and the next time, he would be suspended for how long? Vinnie was brought in to backup in case of injury. He wasn't brought in to roll dubs for Carter.

Carter played 3 games for Jets - I keep missing a suspension?

Play Carter - win games. If he breaks another :test: you are where we were - VT at 41 starting.

Instead we went with 41 year old starter VT and no capable backups. Why I believe Irvin and this new story. They *** up and tried to resign QC.......

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
junk said:
Will this guy ever go away? I have never seen so much love for such a mediocre player in my life.

Well, I can't presume to speak for anybody else, but if the Quincy haters would just ****, I'd be real happy to give the whole issue a rest...

But so long as the haters continue to spew propagandistic BS, I feel compelled to offer a little factual rebuttal...

So, if you've got a problem with all this talk about Quincy, junk, STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM... posts like this most recent one of yours just add fuel to the fire...

silverbear

Reaction score
Nors said:
Its not Carters fault JJ drafted him stupidly in the 2nd round. I was livid too - Bell, Rogers on the board. JJ Blundered.

While I had Quincy on my draft board that year, I had him as a 3rd round prospect... when the Boys took him in the second, my reaction was "too early, Jerry"..

Like you, I really wanted us to take Kendrell Bell in the 2nd...

silverbear

Reaction score
wileedog said:
Glen was hands down our best reciever this year before he got hurt, possession or otherwise. My point was Carter never looked downfield,

Wilee, I don't know where you came up with that, but it simply ain't true... in fact, last year Quincy had FORTY EIGHT completions of over 20 yards... that's a average of 3 a game, and almost one in every six completions he threw... seven of those completions were for over 40 yards...

In fact, Quincy has always been the type of QB who likes to look deep at least a couple-three times a game... he's best-suited for the vertical game, which is part of the reason why his completion percentage isn't likely to ever be much over 60 per cent... when you see the QBs with the 65 per cent completion rates, they're generally the guys running West Coast-style offenses, dumping the ball off a lot...

silverbear

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Carter cut himself.

LOL... you've indulged your impulse to comment on this issue, and now you're "ordering" us to "move along"??

If you have the right to keep this madness going, others have the same right... if you REALLY want to "move along", take the first step your own self...