Why Dak still sucks

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.

can't you be happy we won?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They played awful defensively..

We can play the “what if” almost every day. Ramsey should have an INT when Dak threw across his body off the back of his foot.. his two fumbled that he got lucky that bounced to him. There were tons of plays where Dak had WRs running free all day but he didn’t throw it.

Those two to Beasley were checkdowns, because that is what Dak is.. checkdown Charlie when the defense tightens up in the second half. You clearly do care, because of how hard your trying to defend him not being able to move the ball after Jaguars tightened up defensively..

The attempted to throw ten times and Dak needed less than 50 yards to break 200 and he couldn’t do it and the excuse they weren’t trying is a joke. If they weren’t trying they would have run the ball put the gate.

Dak couldn’t even pad his stats when trying..

And Jacksonville historically has had a bad defense? No wait - they were an elite defense until yesterday, and they just happened to turn into a bad defense just for the Cowboy game ... It had nothing to do with what the Cowboys did, right? It was just that an elite defense somehow forgot how to play.

Sure the Cowboys got away with a few things. The Jags did too. That happens to every team every game, but you want to treat it as unique to the Cowboys.

As for Dak not being able to break 200 yards when he was so close, are you under the impression that was the goal of the game, or that the win somehow would count more if Dak got 200 yards passing? The reality is the limitation on the passing was that we were highly successful running (over 200 yards rushing), and we got out to a big lead such that passing wasn't as important.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They got these WRs for Dak, for his limitations. Of course we can lay it on Dak, because this is what Dak-friendly means..

You’re right, the GM and front office had such a successful track record of team building before Dak got here.

How could I forget.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They played awful defensively..

We can play the “what if” almost every day. Ramsey should have an INT when Dak threw across his body off the back of his foot.. his two fumbled that he got lucky that bounced to him. There were tons of plays where Dak had WRs running free all day but he didn’t throw it.

Those two to Beasley were checkdowns, because that is what Dak is.. checkdown Charlie when the defense tightens up in the second half. You clearly do care, because of how hard your trying to defend him not being able to move the ball after Jaguars tightened up defensively..

The attempted to throw ten times and Dak needed less than 50 yards to break 200 and he couldn’t do it and the excuse they weren’t trying is a joke. If they weren’t trying they would have run the ball put the gate.

Dak couldn’t even pad his stats when trying..
You're the only one with a boner over 200 yards. Everyone else including Prescott care about wins.

khiladi

Reaction score
You’re right, the GM and front office had such a successful track record of team building before Dak got here.

How could I forget.

The roster was fine when they decided to start with him forever, so yeah if you are questioning their decision-making process I agree..

khiladi

Reaction score
You're the only one with a boner over 200 yards. Everyone else including Prescott care about wins.

And yet here you are... still responding to me, after saying for a million times probably, that you wouldn’t anymore...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He seems terrified that someone might actually have enjoyed the game, so he has to try and put a stop to it. He's like the Grinch that stole football.

I found the game boring in the second half and for once I was totally fine with that ;)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I still don't think Dak is "the" guy, but yesterday was one of his best performances in almost two years. Credit where it's due.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The roster was fine when they decided to start with him forever, so yeah if you are questioning their decision-making process I agree..

Lol that’s exactly what I’m doing man.

I mean come on. You can’t blame Dak for the fact that they don’t know what the heck they’re doing. Our coaches and front office sucked before Dak got here. Let’s be real.

And I get it. I want a first round QB too man. But Dak isn’t public enemy #1 in my eyes. The Jones boys and Garret share that distinction

khiladi

Reaction score
And Jacksonville historically has had a bad defense? No wait - they were an elite defense until yesterday, and they just happened to turn into a bad defense just for the Cowboy game ... It had nothing to do with what the Cowboys did, right? It was just that an elite defense somehow forgot how to play.

Sure the Cowboys got away with a few things. The Jags did too. That happens to every team every game, but you want to treat it as unique to the Cowboys.

As for Dak not being able to break 200 yards when he was so close, are you under the impression that was the goal of the game, or that the win somehow would count more if Dak got 200 yards passing? The reality is the limitation on the passing was that we were highly successful running (over 200 yards rushing), and we got out to a big lead such that passing wasn't as important.

Actually, historically the Jaguars have been around for over two decades and have had historically, within the last decade been among the worst.

Tom Coughlin who is one of the all-time great coaches alone and now as GM has saved this team from major suckage.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They were 4-12 the year before Dak came, yet the roster was just fine before Dak was given the full time QB role?

Or as you ridiculously and erroneously put it, "decided to start with him forever".

lol Yep, the year is 2065, and each Sunday during football season Dak buzzes the nurses station for someone to help him out of bed at the Peaceful Valley Retirement Home. They take him down to physical therapy where he stretches for a few hours before taking the courtesy van, which is fully equipped with a wheelchair ramp and bars to help people from falling , to the stadium, which fortunately is close to the bingo parlor and therefore not much out of the way. Then he uses his electric wheel chair to get him to the locker room where he suits up, with the help of a nurse that travelled with him of course, and gets ready for another game in his 49th season in the NFL.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And yet here you are... still responding to me, after saying for a million times probably, that you wouldn’t anymore...
You have issues with reality. I'm just playing pin the tail on the donkey. Sorry for the sting.

Number1

Reaction score
The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.

is that relevant? Is that supposed to be a goal? ... this is called football - there's a score board

in this throw the ball the least in the NFL system, it's 1st downs, QBR and TDs that matter, not yards.
but to your yardage point, 250+y a game r & p from Dak in this system wins 4 of 5 games.

Most of his detractors are wishing JJ and the Jones family disappear and the team get's remade in to their notions. So if you're upset Dak wasn't drafted to be a pocket passer playing in a RUB / WCO, get over it.

he's mediocre from the pocket and has mediocre targets - but give him credit, he threw to 11 targets yesterday and connected with 9 - hard to do on just 27 passes
remember other than Beasley, Zeke, and Swaim these are all new targets - that's putting square pegs in round holes - but he did it
this issue is always execution

is it your advise to cut him? and give any other guy the ball? because Dak is the worst QB ever? - you really think so

we've seen him miss open targets and thread incredible needles, if I'd ever seen Dak throw up the sort of INT we saw from Blake yesterday I'd be concerned - but he never does. Dak protects the ball (that is job 1), he has a lot of fight in him, and the athleticism to make plays run & pass - he's the best mobile QB we've had since Meredith

why gripe?

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol that’s exactly what I’m doing man.

I mean come on. You can’t blame Dak for the fact that they don’t know what the heck they’re doing. Our coaches and front office sucked before Dak got here. Let’s be real.

And I get it. I want a first round QB too man. But Dak isn’t public enemy #1 in my eyes. The Jones boys and Garret share that distinction

Dak has been throwing everybody under the bus. Last week he threw the WRs under the bus and the TE. In the beginning of this year, his excuse was that they were put in too many down and distance situations, such as 1st and 20.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, historically the Jaguars have been around for over two decades and have had historically, within the last decade been among the worst.

Tom Coughlin who is one of the all-time great coaches alone and now as GM has saved this team from major suckage.

How about recent history? The history that applies to today? The history that includes being the #2 defense in the NFL last year, and the #1 defense this year prior to the Cowboy game?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

08-eeyore-majore-depression.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
You have issues with reality. I'm just playing pin the tail on the donkey. Sorry for the sting.

So it’s stinging me, when you keep coming back, because of your Dak man-crush even though you said you wouldn’t? I thought your supposed to be enjoying the win somewhere?

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak has been throwing everybody under the bus. Last week he threw the WRs under the bus and the TE. In the beginning of this year, his excuse was that they were put in too many down and distance situations, such as 1st and 20.
No he hasn't.