Why Dak still sucks

khiladi

Reaction score
How about recent history? The history that applies to today? The history that includes being the #2 defense in the NFL last year, and the #1 defense this year prior to the Cowboy game?

Maybe not use the word historically then.. if you had bothered to read my posts, you would have already understood we touched on defense.

renny

Reaction score
The reality is Dak continues to suck in the third, he’s been straight up awful since the beginning of the last year and second half in general and the Jaguars defense was totally unprepared the first half, and at one point had two men rushing, they were just that unorganized. And even after all that, there was no difficult for them in the second half to lock Dak down by rushing just four.

This smokescreen came at the worst time, especially when all the media was calling out Garrett and Jerry was on the defensive with this clown.
Why bother watching, there were other games?

khiladi

Reaction score
No he hasn't.

Of course he has.. Last year it was Dez, this off-season it was penalties on first down, last week it was the WRs and OL not giving him enough time..

This year it was:

He regrets most a misread to tight end Rico Gathers running wide open down the middle of the field. Receiver Allen Hurns missed two pre-snap reads that he believes would have gone for big completions. The second one came in the fourth quarter and resulted in a four-yard loss after he had to hand to running back Ezekiel Elliott on the game-tying field goal drive. Prescott thinks Hurns could have turned the hitch pass (smoke route) into a tackle-breaking touchdown run if had seen it.

A break down in protection on the ensuing drive resulted in a sack by Houston defensive end J.J. Watt that prevented a potential game-winning touchdown pass or at least a completion to set up a field goal to a wide-open tight Blake Jarwin with 2 minutes, 46 seconds left in a tie game in the fourth quarter.

“I just knew that play was going to work and I was about to let it go,” Prescott said of the throw the Jarwin. “Yeah, that’s what’s frustrating as (expletive). It’s there it’s the game. The game is in the bag. Boom. Watt didn’t get there, you make that throw, you run the ball three times, they use their timeouts, kick a game winner or go score. Game is over.”

Prescott said the near misses are also why there is hope and why they can’t listen to the outside criticism.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe not use the word historically then.. if you had bothered to read my posts, you would have already understood we touched on defense.

Historically may not have been the best word, but you got the intent, yet chose to avoid it. You want to treat this game as if it were simply luck, and the reality is the Cowboys dominated Jacksonville, including Jacksonville's defense that was considered a truly elite defense.

Of course one game doesn't mean the Cowboys are suddenly a great team. I don't think anyone is claiming that. But for some reason it's important to you to be miserable, no matter how well the team plays, and you seem to have a mission of making others miserable too. It's really pretty laughable.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So it’s stinging me, when you keep coming back, because of your Dak man-crush even though you said you wouldn’t? I thought your supposed to be enjoying the win somewhere?
There's another one of your stupid "go to's" - You're delusional at best. I'd be more than happy to have a better QB, but that's not an option. So save your 13 year old man crush comments. It's pretty hard to do, but somehow you keep lowering the bar of relevant content. And the entertaining part of it is you don't even get that you don't get it. At least the other Prescott haters are smart enough to avoid such idiotic entries. What else you got?

My guess= under 200 yards?

khiladi

Reaction score
Historically may not have been the best word, but you got the intent, yet chose to avoid it. You want to treat this game as if it were simply luck, and the reality is the Cowboys dominated Jacksonville, including Jacksonville's defense that was considered a truly elite defense.

Of course one game doesn't mean the Cowboys are suddenly a great team. I don't think anyone is claiming that. But for some reason it's important to you to be miserable, no matter how well the team plays, and you seem to have a mission of making others miserable too. It's really pretty laughable.

I didn’t chose to avoid it. Dak sucked in the third quarter when a totally unprepared Jaguars simply adjusted. Dak went scoreless 10 of 16 games in the third quarter last year. Dak sucked this third quarter and he couldn’t break the 200 yard passing mark, despite getting publicly called out for it for weeks and they went pass ten times in the third... hardly a case of packing it in..

Like I said, read the thread.

khiladi

Reaction score
There's another one of your stupid "go to's" - You're delusional at best. I'd be more than happy to have a better QB, but that's not an option. So save your 13 year old man crush comments. It's pretty hard to do, but somehow you keep lowering the bar of relevant content. And the entertaining part of it is you don't even get that you don't get it. At least the other Prescott haters are smart enough to avoid such idiotic entries. What else you got?

My guess= under 200 yards?

If I don’t get it, then why are you here bothering? You said you were gone already. But I bother you, while you are pretending I don’t, because you know deep down Dak is mediocre..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If I don’t get it, then why are you here bothering? You said you were gone already. But I bother you...
Because I feel sorry for you. And you need help. You actually thing Prescott's performance vs. a top 5 defense across all statistics - sucks. And you created a thread about it. Am I not allowed to point out the asshatery? Will you only except those who want to be a miserable fan?

khiladi

Reaction score
Because I feel sorry for you. And you need help. You actually thing Prescott's performance vs. a top 5 defense across all statistics - sucks. And you created a thread about it. Am I not allowed to point out the asshatery? Will you only except those who want to be a miserable fan?

I bother you, because you know Dak is mediocre. You can point it out ‘my asshatery’ all you want, but you are the one that said you weren’t going to do it anymore. But here you are again and again. The reality is, you know I’m right.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t chose to avoid it. Dak sucked in the third quarter when a totally unprepared Jaguars simply adjusted. Dak went scoreless 10 of 16 games in the third quarter last year. Dak sucked this third quarter and he couldn’t break the 200 yard passing mark, despite getting publicly called out for it for weeks and they went pass ten times in the third... hardly a case of packing it in..

Again, are you somehow under the impression that 200 passing yards was the goal or necessary, or that getting a huge lead and rushing for over 200 yards didn't have an affect on the need to pass the ball? Are you under the impression that a QB having a good game requires every quarter to be great?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak has been throwing everybody under the bus. Last week he threw the WRs under the bus and the TE. In the beginning of this year, his excuse was that they were put in too many down and distance situations, such as 1st and 20.

o_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bother you, because you know Dak is mediocre. You can point it out ‘my asshatery’ all you want, but you are the one that said you weren’t going to do it anymore. But here you are again and again. The reality is, you know I’m right.

So what if he is mediocre? He had a good game yesterday, and the team as a whole had a very good game. Why is it so important that you play the role of the Grinch that Stole Football? Why is it important for you to try and keep people from enjoying the game?

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, are you somehow under the impression that 200 passing yards was the goal or necessary, or that getting a huge lead and rushing for over 200 yards didn't have an affect on the need to pass the ball? Are you under the impression that a QB having a good game requires every quarter to be great?

Why not then go to a thread where Dak answers doubters by not throwing for 200 yards in light of all his criticism for not being able to throw for 200 yards and be a cheerleader there?

So how does rushing over 200 yards affect the need to throw the ball, that one is calling passing plays ten times, meaning close to 70% in the third quarter? That’s a good question..

How come Dak couldn’t get thirty or forty yards before the third quarter to break 200 when he’s been a laughing stock all across the country that he’s at Quincy Carter levels despite going pass ten times in the quarter?

khiladi

Reaction score
So what if he is mediocre? He had a good game yesterday, and the team as a whole had a very good game. Why is it so important that you play the role of the Grinch that Stole Football? Why is it important for you to try and keep people from enjoying the game?

I’m not stealing anything. You don’t have to read the thread. I’m not required to post according to your tastes.

Number1

Reaction score

200y passing - I'll take 40 points :)

JG's lack of half time adjustments are legendary

are you considering the "process" Dak is asked to execute for the last 2 years?
basically no go to WR or playing making TE in a timing system,
imagine Aikman with no Novacek or Irvin, Romo with no Witten or TO / Austin / Dez
it got ugly when the OL was leaking 4+ sacks regularly, for the moment they are on the up swing
yesterday he went to 9 different targets and only 3 were here last year
that's asking a lot of a young QB who will throw only about 30x in this system

I don't get all the gripes about Dak and the passing game in general, sure I want to see more play action, but I had no notion this O would gel before mid season, if then

Reactions: G2

shabazz

Reaction score
Like I mentioned in another thread, Dak did a great job protecting the ball and basically not losing the game. I just want to see him find another gear outside of his conservative passing when we need him to win a shoot out game or stretch the defense to keep them honest against the run

This year should reveal all he’s got. I hope he can play at an elite level do we can draft other needs besides a Qb

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This isn't related to whatever other stupid point you were driving home in the past, whenever the **** that was. Irrelevant. Just like your point here. You can't even debate the thread topic, lol. You're so pissed that Prescott did well and the team won.

khiladi

Reaction score
This isn't related to whatever other stupid point you were driving home in the past, whenever the **** that was. Irrelevant. Just like your point here. You can't even debate the thread topic, lol. You're so pissed that Prescott did well and the team won.

Oh, I’m not debating the thread topic and you are... OK... tell me where exactly you debated the fact Dak couldn’t get 30-40 yards needed to break 200 in the third quarter despite calling pass ten times after the Jaguars simply adjusted to him after the half?

Where exactly have you countered that point with anything other than “you Dak hater”?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, I’m not debating the thread topic and you are... OK... tell me where exactly you debated the fact Dak couldn’t get 30-40 yards needed to break 200 in the third quarter despite calling pass ten times after the Jaguars simply adjusted to him after the half?

Where exactly have you countered that point with anything other than “you Dak hater”?
When I first called you out on your silly points.
Oh look! There's another one!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Why is it so important that you play the role of the Grinch that Stole Football? Why is it important for you to try and keep people from enjoying the game?

How can the fans enjoy a dominant team performance and win? Dak didn't even throw a tum tootler or bing bangler. He didn't attempt to pass a lang lolly or plum pooler. There were no flang flingers, or rootle kaboodles either. Dak didn't even bother to bring a Roast Beast!

grinch_add1.jpg