Why Dak still sucks

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Please Op use the 2nd door on the right, or maybe the 3rd on the left, the first will have Romo homer's nappies for the tears, a Romo homer's nighty, a Romo homer's love doll to sleep with and a psych therapist at the end of the hall. That 3rd door on the left, that's the way OUT of the cowboy's fan base....choose carefully. thank you and have a great day!

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I bet if you asked Pat Mahomes if he would have rather thrown for <200 yds and still win last night he would have taken it vs the 352 and a loss.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
It’s actually 7 runs by Zeke and Dak ran once when pressure broke down, so they called PASSES 10 times. So this idea Dak can pass for 200 yards easily, but they just turned it off after half-time is false. Dallas wen’t heavy pass, in a game where they were rushing successfully and Dak couldn’t net 3-4 YPC to break 200.

And if you don’t count the fumble to end the half, that gave the Cowboys back the hall, when they finally decided enough is enough, it would have been 6 running plays called as opposed to 10 passing plays.
But then they decided to start running out the clock in the quarter to the point they took the delay of game.

No matter which way you spin it, Dak couldn’t pass worth anything in the second half. That is the facts. It is clear who is talking mindlessly. Your claim they were conservative is just another one of your unsubstantiated opinions built off your backtracking. I’m pretty sure that attempted pass to Hurns that Ramsey pretty much picked off of not for one foot, with Dak throwing it across his body and off his back foot was ‘conservative’...

Now the argument is allegedly that I said they only tried doing it in the third quarter and were targeting t just for the third? Another mindless assertion that I never made..

Now thee is another stupid assertion about how many of those third quarters were the Cowboys up 24-0 as if this has anything to do with the fact Dak blows in the third quarter in particular.

Why I have to bring it up after a game is on me.. Nobody forces you to read these threads and my posts aren’t dictated by your feels of how a game should be discussed after the fact.

Did you used to use the handle "childsplay" or something similar? Just curious.

FanSince79

Reaction score
I certainly am happy to get a win, but you have to admit that something is wrong when you score 40 points and still end up with less than 200 passing yards. If we can get a few more yards next week and a win on the road, then I'll be much more optimistic going into the bye week at 4-3 with a 2 game win-streak. Go Boyz!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s actually 7 runs by Zeke and Dak ran once when pressure broke down, so they called PASSES 10 times. So this idea Dak can pass for 200 yards easily, but they just turned it off after half-time is false. Dallas wen’t heavy pass, in a game where they were rushing successfully and Dak couldn’t net 3-4 YPC to break 200.

And if you don’t count the fumble to end the half, that gave the Cowboys back the hall, when they finally decided enough is enough, it would have been 6 running plays called as opposed to 10 passing plays.
But then they decided to start running out the clock in the quarter to the point they took the delay of game.

No matter which way you spin it, Dak couldn’t pass worth anything in the second half. That is the facts. It is clear who is talking mindlessly. Your claim they were conservative is just another one of your unsubstantiated opinions built off your backtracking. I’m pretty sure that attempted pass to Hurns that Ramsey pretty much picked off of not for one foot, with Dak throwing it across his body and off his back foot was ‘conservative’...

Now the argument is allegedly that I said they only tried doing it in the third quarter and were targeting t just for the third? Another mindless assertion that I never made..

Now thee is another stupid assertion about how many of those third quarters were the Cowboys up 24-0 as if this has anything to do with the fact Dak blows in the third quarter in particular.

Why I have to bring it up after a game is on me.. Nobody forces you to read these threads and my posts aren’t dictated by your feels of how a game should be discussed after the fact.

10 called passes is what I said (2 sacks, 2 intentional throw aways, and 6 targeting a receiver), but it's actually 7 runs by Zeke, and one by Tavon Austin - 8 total. To get to 9 it appears I mistakenly counted another run by Zeke that was in a drive that overlapped from the 3rd quarter to the 4th quarter, so the % of pass plays is the 56% I originally said.

As for the fumble to end the half, a half doesn't end in the 3rd quarter, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Where did I say Dak can pass for 200 yards easily - don't fall even further into just making things up as they suit you. I merely said it wasn't a focus of this game to get him 200 passing yards, and that Dak wasn't playing the game to get 200 yards in an effort to shut up critics. It's stupid for you to suggest he should have been.

And no, I didn't say you said they were only targeting the 3rd quarter to get the 200 yards, but you have said over and over again that it was somehow a problem that he couldn't manage to get the 200 yards by the end of the 3rd quarter. Again, that's a senseless complaint.

And yep, it's on you why you feel so irrationally compelled to try and make everyone as miserable as you are. At least you wrote something that makes sense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I certainly am happy to get a win, but you have to admit that something is wrong when you score 40 points and still end up with less than 200 passing yards. If we can get a few more yards next week and a win on the road, then I'll be much more optimistic going into the bye week at 4-3 with a 2 game win-streak. Go Boyz!!!
What difference does more passing make? Seriously.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
10 called passes is what I said (2 sacks, 2 intentional throw aways, and 6 targeting a receiver), but it's actually 7 runs by Zeke, and one by Tavon Austin - 8 total. To get to 9 it appears I mistakenly counted another run by Zeke that was in a drive that overlapped from the 3rd quarter to the 4th quarter, so the % of pass plays is the 56% I originally said.

As for the fumble to end the half, a half doesn't end in the 3rd quarter, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Where did I say Dak can pass for 200 yards easily - don't fall even further into just making things up as they suit you. I merely said it wasn't a focus of this game to get him 200 passing yards, and that Dak wasn't playing the game to get 200 yards in an effort to shut up critics. It's stupid for you to suggest he should have been.

And no, I didn't say you said they were only targeting the 3rd quarter to get the 200 yards, but you have said over and over again that it was somehow a problem that he couldn't manage to get the 200 yards by the end of the 3rd quarter. Again, that's a senseless complaint.

And yep, it's on you why you feel so irrationally compelled to try and make everyone as miserable as you are. At least you wrote something that makes sense.
We know that his statements have a 20% variance.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a big Fan of Dak or a defender in any way but the offense Dominated in the 1st half and cruised to a big team win 40-7. Not gonna complain about the coaches/ team taking their foot off the pedal in a blow out.

rags747

Reaction score
I really wish Dak was on another team because I would love to root for him non stop. He's just a really great kid and I get tired of saying this but he is really an unusual type in this day and age. He is just so so easy to root for and he is the kind of guy that u would love to see your daughter end up with. To be so mature, so well spoken and have the ability to represent a $4B franchise at the ripe old age of 24 is just phenomenal!!

Now saying all that I just believe he is really limited as a QB, I want him to succeed but I don't think he will ever be what we need him to be.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Winning masks a lot. Dak made some good throws, but he missed some too that he shouldn’t have that might on another day be the difference between winning and losing. He fumbled twice and both times got incredibly lucky bounces. He walked the fine line between a solid game and a disaster. His running was the difference, not his throwing.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Add in 200 rushing yards and the picture becomes a little clearer.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the third quarter ALONE, Dak THREW it nine times and the tenth was when he broke pocket after spinning into the DT to the right, but escaped for that gain. Dak homers, as justification for the fact he couldn’t break 200 yards passing, are pinning this like the Cowboys just decided to stop passed. Dak tried PASSING around 70% of the time in third quarter and his most successful play was when he broke pocket on a three man rush, almost spinning himself into a sack.

He made one awful throw that should on the almost INT by Ramsey and the other, series when Heath put them at the Jaguars 8, he threw it twice and cane away with a field goal. The problem with the Ramsey throw was that it was right after Kaguars matched up the field and scored a TD, meaning it could have easily shifted the momentum and put it at 24-14 if they had any competent offense. The next field goal was the off worst throw in NFL history by Bortles to Heath.

Then came the fumble by the Jags and Dallas decided they had enough and ran it with Zeke pretty much every time.

The Jaguars basically adjusted after their incompetent first half and Dak was Dak. The defense also got its TOs against this garbage Jags offense that turned it over five times last week and allowed the Cowboys to pull ahead while Dak floundered passing.

The point being Dak couldn’t even break 200 yards passing when he was still TRYING.

This is a team on the rise with a anchor chained to its limbs called Dak Prescott........

mmohican29

Reaction score
The only stat I care about is the win column and we got it done yesterday.

I don't understand why Dak is still not getting credit for enabling this huge win. Dak did what Dak was supposed to do, which is throw two touchdowns, make plays with his feet, and not turn the ball over. For crying out loud, just enjoy the win man.

I understand complaining when we lose. I do.

But these kind of threads make me want to advise people to move on from pro football as a past time.

A 33 pt margin victory and this level of whiny *****-*** attitude by the OP. Good lord dude.