News: Why Dallas Cowboys’ family business prevents winning titles

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
My proof is numerous stories, reports, statements, etc. from multiple reporters, etc.

Peter King did an expose for SI where the Cowboys let him in the war room for the 2016 draft. Jones makes the final decisions. He takes input from everyone but in the end, he makes the final call.

So yes, you are ignorant.......... and stubborn.

Gee I just read that article and no where does it say that Garrett opposed any of the draft choices so because Jones may have announced it in the war room and said to call the draft floor and send up the pick does not mean there was any conflict between Jones and Garrett. Now even if Jones has taken over the war room, my previous statements were based on what Jones said during Garrett's presser when he was announced as the new head coach. For all any of us know the verbiage that gave Garrett final say so on players and coaches may have been removed in Garrett's new contract that was signed in 2015, but I was going on what Jones said during that presser.

Sydla

Reaction score
Gee I just read that article and no where does it say that Garrett opposed any of the draft choices so because Jones may have announced it in the war room and said to call the draft floor and send up the pick does not mean there was any conflict between Jones and Garrett. Now even if Jones has taken over the war room, my previous statements were based on what Jones said during Garrett's presser when he was announced as the new head coach. For all any of us know the verbiage that gave Garrett final say so on players and coaches may have been removed in Garrett's new contract that was signed in 2015, but I was going on what Jones said during that presser.

Who said conflict between Jerry and Garrett? All I said is that Jerry makes the final call on who is drafted. Sometimes, they agree on who should be picked. Other times, such as reports around Randy Gregory, they disagreed.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Who said conflict between Jerry and Garrett? All I said is that Jerry makes the final call on who is drafted. Sometimes, they agree on who should be picked. Other times, such as reports around Randy Gregory, they disagreed.

Give me a link where a CREDITABLE source ( not your feeling or what you think) quoted Garrett where he said there was disagreement on Gregory.