Why did so many have the Niners winning this?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
People pick against the Cowboys because they haven’t done it. There are no smart football people
I disagree. The average play of the interior of our oline...the lack of physicality...we lead the league in penalties...MM has proven not to be good at clock management...our kicker is inconsistent. The ONLY think that did not come true was our inconsistent kicker. All of those other things happened. And we lost. Those that thought we had a chance pointed to Jimmy G. And he certainly tried to pull defeat from the jaws of victory. We were average team outside of the NFC East and it showed on Sunday. We were the ONLY home team to lose this weekend. So spare me with there are NO smart people talk.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a thread talking about how I was scared of this game ,,,,why? Why did so many not give us a chance, well? Hell, we were at home.

Beating up on the....Eagles, Giants Washington didn't fool anyone, while the Niners are dealing with Rams,Cards and Russell Wilson, that is something totally different, was that it?

Everybody picked the Niners, we got no respect.
If you'd told me they'd score 23 points...I'd have guaranteed the win.

I didn't expect a team...the one those people you mention saying we were a #1 offense...to come in so ill-prepared and undisciplined. I didn't expect 16 run plays between our two RB's.

But there it is...that;s who we are.

dckid

Reaction score
Because try as we might, this team can't hide it's flaws. Fans have been talking about how talented the team is for years.

Talented players don't commit stupid penalties. Talented players are consistent. Talented players don't always need everything to go right to make something happen.

Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins than this franchise since 1995. Let that sink in.
But what about the great Romo??? When will the lemmings wake up? The rot starts at the top, Jerry has this formula down to a science. Hire a puppet, stay relevant never go 3-13, as long as they are 7-9/10 wins he is happy. Mediocrity is what he is aiming for. The money makes itself as an NFL franchise. This team already has the legacy only two years that franchises have more SB’s, nothing will change in Jerry’s lifetime.
He doesn’t care about Super Bowls.. guys and gals please wake up and realize this.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The O line was exposed for all to see. Opening drive, first play they came through the line untouched and tackled Elliott in the backfield for a lose. The FIRST play!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I had a thread talking about how I was scared of this game ,,,,why? Why did so many not give us a chance, well? Hell, we were at home.

Beating up on the....Eagles, Giants Washington didn't fool anyone, while the Niners are dealing with Rams,Cards and Russell Wilson, that is something totally different, was that it?

Couple of reasons I think. The tough and gritty teams are usually more consistent in Playoff atmosphere, plus SF has been a playoff success story very recently. People going with experience and resiliency in a close matchup

Haimerej

Reaction score
But what about the great Romo???

Uh... what about him?

When will the lemmings wake up? The rot starts at the top, Jerry has this formula down to a science. Hire a puppet, stay relevant never go 3-13, as long as they are 7-9/10 wins he is happy. Mediocrity is what he is aiming for. The money makes itself as an NFL franchise. This team already has the legacy only two years that franchises have more SB’s, nothing will change in Jerry’s lifetime.
He doesn’t care about Super Bowls.. guys and gals please wake up and realize this.

He cares. He's just incapable of performing as a GM because he falls in love with his players.

dckid

Reaction score
Uh... what about him?

He cares. He's just incapable of performing as a GM because he falls in love with his players.

People need to stop worshipping Romo, as his playoff record was horrific. Dak sucks and I just went back and looked at all of my posts, they all said don't sign him to that huge contract.
Jerry is incompetent. Full stop

Haimerej

Reaction score
People need to stop worshipping Romo, as his playoff record was horrific. Dak sucks and I just went back and looked at all of my posts, they all said don't sign him to that huge contract.
Jerry is incompetent. Full stop

I don't see why you're bringing up Romo. But everything else is agreeable.

jnday

Reaction score

I was never under the illusion that Dallas could win this game. How can anybody be surprised by the outcome when this team has repeatedly showed that they can’t win big games against tough competition? They keep showing us who and what they are, but a lot of fans don’t believe them.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Fun stats:

Dallas vs NFCE 6-0
Dallas vs non NFCE 6-5

SF vs NFCW 2-4
SF vs non NFCW 8-3

After the game
SF vs NFCE 2-0
Dallas vs NFCW 0-2

As I said in several different threads, the weakness of the NFC East is both fooling the fanbase and harming the team. If San Francisco and Dallas switched divisions, SF may have won 13 or 14 games and been the 1 seed. Dallas would have gone 8-9 or something and missed the playoffs.

jnday

Reaction score
LOL...........for exactly the reason you just saw. Cowboys are a disaster. Anytime you are the most penalized team in the NFL you have no business in the playoffs.
Penalties are a direct reflection of coaching, but MM’s job is secure.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Like to thank everyone who gave an opinion up above, but as I started to delve into answering I started feeling bad, it's been a couple days now of nothing but BOO COWBOYS and I love the Cowboys and it's like poking fun at a close buddy.

I need a few days off get my head right, this one hurt.

Are you really 72-years-old?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/schedule/strength-of-schedule.html

Strength of schedule:
49'ers 5th
Cowboys 31st (actually tied for last)

Pundits saw through Dallas loading up against bad teams. The fanbase didn't.

Even funnier
29. New York Giants
30. Philadelphia Eagles
31T. Dallas Cowboys
31T. Washington Football Club

The whole east ended up having the easiest schedules in football.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They are far better at the head coaching position.
I think shanahan is a good OC, but not really a good HC he may have good DC and line coaches though

The 49r's were not padding stats in a crappy conference thinking they were a Godlike team.
this is my thinking, MM ran up the score on phil bkups, and dallas players were acting like they were really doing something great :rolleyes:

That hurt the team more than helped, it also changed seeding lol which put them vs SF lol.
It gave them a false confidence, and then they just showed up to play and win, and SF showed up to battle for going forward.
SF also had better gameplan.
Dallas had a pitiful game plan and poor player utilization. Pollard with 4 carries in biggest game of year?? :rolleyes: that is so dumb it is almost ********
They also planned to play parsons more as backer than rushing passer.
They should have put parsons on R de , then put gregory to his left. but I dont know if jerry would allow that, which is another issue, what jerry allows.

But dumb coaches and meddling gm owner is not a good recipe for playoff wins, as the past 25 years or so show all too clearly.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why did so many have the Niners winning?

Teams had figured out Dak, the offensive line, the receivers, the defense, the coaches and the Niners simply copied the blueprint on how to beat the Cowboys.
- Dak. He's not comfortable throwing guys open. So make it difficult for him to find open receivers. Also, get bodies in his face. He'll panic.
- The offensive line. Confuse them with blitzes and bull rushes. Make sure your coverage is tight. They can't hold up long. They'll start grabbing and holding because Dak hasn't gotten rid of the ball.
- The receivers. Hit them. Push them. Bump them. They'll become disinterested as the game goes on.
- The defense. They like to pin their ears back and attack the quarterback. Let's run the ball or use three-step drops and hit quick slants. Frustrate Randy Gregory. Get him to commit dumb penalties. Attack the middle of the defense. Their DTs aren't very good.
- The coaches. There's no variation in Kellen Moore's offensive bag of tricks. Just play the offense straight up. They'll implode upon themselves. Oh, and just wait for Mike McCarthy to make a bonehead mistake. Dak run in the middle of the field with 18 seconds left. Bingo!