Why did so many have the Niners winning this?

FrankM

Reaction score
I predicted the 49ers would win. Dallas never seems to have a home-field advantage. Its the slow starts and penalties in big games that hurt the Cowboys.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't consistently play well against teams that are decent and that isn't a "comfortable" opponent.....SF fit into that category

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They'll implode upon themselves. Oh, and just wait for Mike McCarthy to make a bonehead mistake. Dak run in the middle of the field with 18 seconds left. Bingo!
lol that was funny :laugh: only it was 14 sec.
the bad thing is they said they had practiced that play for that situation, yet they made several errors in running the play.

Dak ran too far , too much time used, should have stopped at 10 yds
Dak did not know he had to give ball to the umpire to set the ball.
The linemen did not know to let ref thru so he could quickly set the ball. Ref had to fight thru them to get to the ball lol
this is all evidence of idiot coaching, not bad coaching but idiots!!:eek:

stinkface

Reaction score
Because we had not played well against teams with a winning record. Beating the weak sisters of the NFC East meant nothing.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Many years ago, I recall John Madden being asked who will win an upcoming game, and he turned to the guy and said, "I DON"T KNOW AND NO ONE ELSE KNOWS EITHER". No one expected the Cowboys to get penalized 14 times., No one expected the #2 Offense in the league to be held to 7 points in 3 quarters., No one thought the Cowboys O-line [ranked #1 by PFF] would be so INEFFECTIVE that Dak would be running for his life the ENTIRE GAME, including the 2nd. Half with Nick Bosa OUT. Even with all of that, the Cowboys STILL had a shot to WIN?!. If you picked the 49ers to win the game CONGRATS, but at the end of the day, always refer to the Late GREAT John Madden's quote.

shabazz

Reaction score
……simply because they applied critical thinking in making their judgment.

Coach Cowher picked us to win……..I thought he had more common sense than that

shabazz

Reaction score
Many years ago, I recall John Madden being asked who will win an upcoming game, and he turned to the guy and said, "I DON"T KNOW AND NO ONE ELSE KNOWS EITHER". No one expected the Cowboys to get penalized 14 times., No one expected the #2 Offense in the league to be held to 7 points in 3 quarters., No one thought the Cowboys O-line [ranked #1 by PFF] would be so INEFFECTIVE that Dak would be running for his life the ENTIRE GAME, including the 2nd. Half with Nick Bosa OUT. Even with all of that, the Cowboys STILL had a shot to WIN?!. If you picked the 49ers to win the game CONGRATS, but at the end of the day, always refer to the Late GREAT John Madden's quote.

I get your point but maddens job was to coach, not prognosticate…..at least until he became an announcer and even game announcers today don’t pick teams…..pundits on shows do

the main job of the sports media is to predict and to explain those same predictions. Many of them used sound reasoning by saying that the Cowboys division title was tainted because they were In the lowly East.

Additionally, they also said that if they were in the Niners division, they wouldn’t have even qualified to be in the playoffs……..it’s kind of hard to argue that their assertions were incorrect

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I had a thread talking about how I was scared of this game ,,,,why? Why did so many not give us a chance, well? Hell, we were at home.

Beating up on the....Eagles, Giants Washington didn't fool anyone, while the Niners are dealing with Rams,Cards and Russell Wilson, that is something totally different, was that it?

Everybody picked the Niners, we got no respect.
We are a flawed team, and other experts outside the team
Recognized it because they
Are not drinking the kool-aid

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Like to thank everyone who gave an opinion up above, but as I started to delve into answering I started feeling bad, it's been a couple days now of nothing but BOO COWBOYS and I love the Cowboys and it's like poking fun at a close buddy.

I need a few days off get my head right, this one hurt.
I would advise to lower your expectations for cowboys in the future esp in the playoffs.
Expect them to lose, that way your not bummed out if they lose. And if they win you can still be happy about it.
But if u expect them to win your just setting yourself up to be bummed out when they lose. And they will lose.

I really thought they would get to div round and lose there, but they surprised even me by losing in wc round.
I wasnt bummed though because I knew SF might very well beat them.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I get your point but maddens job was to coach, not prognosticate…..at least until he became an announcer and even game announcers today don’t pick teams…..pundits on shows do

the main job of the sports media is to predict and to explain those same predictions. Many of them used sound reasoning by saying that the Cowboys division title was tainted because they were In the lowly East.

Additionally, they also said that if they were in the Niners division, they wouldn’t have even qualified to be in the playoffs……..it’s kind of hard to argue that their assertions were incorrect
Actually, it's easy to argue their ASSERTIONS. Do you know how many games the 49ers won in their own Division?? 2 wins against the Rams, that's it. They couldn't even beat the lowly Seahawks.. My point is the 49ers didn't beat us the way that the so called "experts" said they would. You can have all the knowledge in the world and still be wrong.. The Cowboys gave them opportunities and they took advantage of it, plain and simple.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Because it was painfully obvious from the get go what was going to happen. People who have watched the Cowboys post Barry Switzer have seen this movie dozens of times.

Niners telegraphed their offensive and defensive game plan all week, bragged about how tough they were and how beatable you were, and you couldn't even win a game they did their best to piss away.

Well said sir. When someone tells you upfront what they are going to do then does it, nothing meaningful can be said in response.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The playoffs represent the best coaches, gameplans and players. Our flaws were going to be exploited early and often. That is why SMART football people picked the Niners to win. And even had we pulled off a miracle comeback...we would have lost next week. Stop HOPING this or that may break our way...and start FIXING your flaws!!!!!!!!!
They've been trying for 25 years, what else you want? Sigh.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People need to stop worshipping Romo, as his playoff record was horrific. Dak sucks and I just went back and looked at all of my posts, they all said don't sign him to that huge contract.
Jerry is incompetent. Full stop
"his"?

You mean the cowboys?

"Worshipping"?

You mean correcting the fraking LIES about him?

Look don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back about dak's contract. It's very unbecoming of a grown man. Kid.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I would advise to lower your expectations for cowboys in the future esp in the playoffs.
Expect them to lose, that way your not bummed out if they lose. And if they win you can still be happy about it.
But if u expect them to win your just setting yourself up to be bummed out when they lose. And they will lose.

I really thought they would get to div round and lose there, but they surprised even me by losing in wc round.
I wasnt bummed though because I knew SF might very well beat them.

I did that after 2016, the last time I got sucked in by the Cowboys. Best thing I ever did in order to still follow this team.

Wasn't the least bit surprised Sunday - the Arizona loss two weeks prior was a red flag. Cardinals hail from the same division as the Niners, lost 5 of their last 6 games, but that 1 win was in Jerryworld. The Niners game looked a lot like that one, and with the same result.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I had a thread talking about how I was scared of this game ,,,,why? Why did so many not give us a chance, well? Hell, we were at home.

Beating up on the....Eagles, Giants Washington didn't fool anyone, while the Niners are dealing with Rams,Cards and Russell Wilson, that is something totally different, was that it?

Why have been a Mediocre team for a long time, with a sick culture. As long as the leader of the Team is Jerrah and not the Head Coach, players are never going to respect the coach enough for him to cultivate the desire to win. All anybody reasonable had to do was the Cardinals team to get a feel if the Cowboys would be different this year, or were actually playoff worthy.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Because the 49ers are a terrible match up for the Cowboys. Why?

1. They can run the ball really well, this gives them a time of possession edge and shortens the game for us. They won TOP.
2. They use a west coast style offense that uses quick passes, that negates our pass rush. We had 0 sacks for the game.
3. They can get pressure with their front 4 without blitzing, meaning they can play more tight coverage and get picks. They did.

They are basically the kryptonite to how Dallas likes to play........that is why everybody picked them, not because they were being haters or wanting click bait, its because it was a terrible match up for Dallas. And guess what, they were right.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cowboys were not a great home team while winning SB

They were good enough to win the SB and that speaks for itself.

Today's version of the Cowboys wasn't at that level at all. :grin:

Last edited: