CFZ Why did this FO let the Eagles get Hargrave, Joseph, and Suh?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eagles have an aggressive and competent front office. They saw last year that they were close, just needed a couple pieces to complete the puzzle. So they went and got Jordan Davis and AJ Brown. Then when they saw they were still vulnerable to the run (at about the same time we were figuring out we were too) they went and scooped up not just 1, but the 2 best options on the market for shoring up the issue, thus ensuring they would get better while blocking us at the same time. We play Connect 4 while they play Chess.

Oh...and they get the Saints 1st rd pick this year as well, currently 9th.

cowboybish

Reaction score
I just don't understand this FO and their approach to the DT position. They have allowed their chief rival to lap them over and over again at this key position going back to the 2012 draft (picking Claiborne over Cox).

More recently, Eagles got Javon Hargrave as a FA prior to the 2020 season for a reasonable three-years $39 million. I remember at the time wondering why we weren't showing any interest in him when our DTs at the time were Tyrone Crawford, Antwaun Woods, Christian Covington, and Trystena Hill? Hargrave has 10 sacks this season. 23 sacks for the Eagles in three seasons.

Then, this year the Eagles aggressively addressed their poor run defense by adding Suh and Joseph to their already talented dline. They have been rewarded for their aggressive approach. The Eagles have the 4th best run defense in the NFL since the addition of those two players.

This is very frustrating.
And wasnt Aldon Smith available at one point early in the year? Yes hes a problem child but hes a force.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think you missed the joke....he took the red pill not the blue pill!
Sorry...I got the humor, just am tired of the reason showing it's ugly head in Dallas. I'm a fan but not ignorant when the sum is failure:

It would have to mean one of the following:

Either
1. PFF grades aren't very accurate or
2. This team is being driven by its highly ranked players or
3. The sum is greater than the parts and they have really come together as a team and are overachieving.

I was really hoping it was option 1 but the past couple of games say otherwise lol. Option 3 would probably be the next preferrable option, but in reality I think it is more option 2 that is closer to the truth. And the problem with that is if the star players don't perform like superstars then the team has problems and we've certainly started to see that. Either way the bottom line is that we really don't have a lot of really good players on the team comparative to the rest of the league. This team has probably been overachieving. Now everyone is angry at them because they were playing so well, everyone got their expectations up and now feel disappointed as they now appear so much like other Cowboy teams who have come up short in the past. Of course everything is still in front of them, but we can't help but see the similarities between this team and others who flopped in the playoffs.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/12/19/23518067/what-is-the-real-talent-level-of-this-team

Flamma

Reaction score
I just don't understand this FO and their approach to the DT position. They have allowed their chief rival to lap them over and over again at this key position going back to the 2012 draft (picking Claiborne over Cox).

More recently, Eagles got Javon Hargrave as a FA prior to the 2020 season for a reasonable three-years $39 million. I remember at the time wondering why we weren't showing any interest in him when our DTs at the time were Tyrone Crawford, Antwaun Woods, Christian Covington, and Trystena Hill? Hargrave has 10 sacks this season. 23 sacks for the Eagles in three seasons.

Then, this year the Eagles aggressively addressed their poor run defense by adding Suh and Joseph to their already talented dline. They have been rewarded for their aggressive approach. The Eagles have the 4th best run defense in the NFL since the addition of those two players.

This is just my opinion, but it's what they did to transform their offense that has made all the difference. The added defense is just a luxury.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Because the egirls have real football people running the show, while the owner stays out of the freaking way and we have Jed and Jethro who runs our team. The real football people over there knows, if things are not ran well there heads will roll, while the Clampetts knows they will still have a job no matter what win or lose.

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
what was Jerry supposed to do? fly to Philly and stop em at the gate?

Acceptablename

Reaction score

Course they don’t like you and they loved going with your mind

Jipper

Reaction score
Sorry...I got the humor, just am tired of the reason showing it's ugly head in Dallas. I'm a fan but not ignorant when the sum is failure:

It would have to mean one of the following:

Either
1. PFF grades aren't very accurate or
2. This team is being driven by its highly ranked players or
3. The sum is greater than the parts and they have really come together as a team and are overachieving.

I was really hoping it was option 1 but the past couple of games say otherwise lol. Option 3 would probably be the next preferrable option, but in reality I think it is more option 2 that is closer to the truth. And the problem with that is if the star players don't perform like superstars then the team has problems and we've certainly started to see that. Either way the bottom line is that we really don't have a lot of really good players on the team comparative to the rest of the league. This team has probably been overachieving. Now everyone is angry at them because they were playing so well, everyone got their expectations up and now feel disappointed as they now appear so much like other Cowboy teams who have come up short in the past. Of course everything is still in front of them, but we can't help but see the similarities between this team and others who flopped in the playoffs.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/12/19/23518067/what-is-the-real-talent-level-of-this-team

There are a lot of injuries on defense...I think 6 starters are currently out, that's an issue. Offense wise were scoring 28 points a game which is near the top of the league.

The team needs a lot of younger 2nd string types to step up down the stretch and prevent any more major injuries.

To win it all you have to be good and lucky...Eagles have been both, we had been both until about 2 weeks ago when the injuries started catching up.

With 3 weeks to go, this team could still be perfect for a playoff run or they could fizzle...only time will tell.

JayFord

Reaction score
We don't value classic run-stuffing LBs either. I know they are considered a bit of a dying breed, but sure mind having one right now for obvious rundowns
Micah was drafted as a run stuffing LB and thats what he was great at in college

it just so happens hes also great at everything else too

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I think Quinn has been chief in turning the ship toward having at least some bigs at DT, rather than none at all. But we're not there yet as evidenced by lack of backup when injury strikes.

Reaction score
They dont sell jerseys.

This is probably the most succinct and accurate description of the Jones' management approach and why this team always falls short. They provide the bare minimum to the non-glitz positions and put all their focus on dazzling you with showy overrated players. We're the Gorgeous George of the NFL, flashy and weak, infuriating the opposing masses and ultimately destined for ugly defeat.

Last edited: