Why did we have grit in Pittsburgh then go flat at home?

TD-40

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....

Talent.

The Steelers offense doesn’t have much.

The lions entire team is talented.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Good functional opposing offenses will score points in a league designed to give all advantages to the offense. Look at points scored per game for the teams that the Cowboys lost to versus won (and look at Pittsburgh before they exploded for 32 points versus the mighty Raiders).

Teams that can consistently put up 23+ points are going to be very difficult for the Cowboys to beat. Pittsburgh had 1 lost fumble-Dallas had one fumble plus two interceptions AND one blocked field goal, and Dallas still won the game which should tell you plenty about the Pittsburgh offense unless you are a really impressed with Dallas’ defense this season.

bigE79

Reaction score
Different QB,if the Steelers had Goff,they blow us out also.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bull.
steelers are a good team.
everybody picked steelers to win that game.
they were gonna do to us what the lions did.
we beat'm and now folks act like the steelers are 0-6.
I agree. People can say we are bad but you can’t diminish the gsme against the Steelers. It was just a different team. They were physical and fighting. It just wasn’t there yesterday.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
After last year, Detroit had a tremendous amount of motivation to embarrass us. They did that, and continued to do that once the game was out of reach.

Pittsburgh was an ugly game played in the elements that we were fortunate enough to win. Pittsburgh doesn't have near the skill on offense either, and were banged up defensively too. It just wasn't the same personnel.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It wasn’t grit that got them the slim win. Pittsburgh QB is absolutely horrible and scatter armed. He will be replaced by Wilson soon. Goff is a real passer and Detroit has a real offense run by a creative OC. Dallas weaknesses get exposed by real teams and are also outclassed and out coached by real teams. They are fixing to play some in the next consecutive weeks. Dallas better bring more than grit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Once detroit got ahead, they did not go to a prevent defense, they kept the pressure on,playing like it was 10-7.
That prevented dak from his usual comeback and garbage stats.

On offense they kept trying to score, kept passing and running their trick plays which fortunately did not work.
They never let up like most teams do.

They did not allow dallas to score points in garbage time like most teams have.

I think pitt on that last drive that won the game for dallas, they went into some sort of prevent defense, because it was suddenly
easy for dallas to move the ball down the field.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
After last year, Detroit had a tremendous amount of motivation to embarrass us. They did that, and continued to do that once the game was out of reach.

Pittsburgh was an ugly game played in the elements that we were fortunate enough to win. Pittsburgh doesn't have near the skill on offense either, and were banged up defensively too. It just wasn't the same personnel.
:hammer:

Wish our Boys were tough enough to do the same against San Francisco, Green Bay or some of these other ‘monkeys on their back.’

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pittsburgh doesn't have a QB either.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Goff wouldn't look much different in Pittsburgh. Get out of here with that nonsense. Lions just pulled out all the stops to win that game.

Steelers are 4-2 and could play against anyone and have a chance to win. They never let the opposing team dial points on them, so they have a chance as long as the game is close into the 4th quarter. They could beat the Chiefs and it wouldn't surprise me. They have the defense to limit them, and if they don't let Mahomes touch the ball last....they could absolutely close them out.

Steelers played their usual game the way they knew how. They didn't try to gameplan around the Cowboys as much as the Lions did.

Cowboys just play better against teams that don't usually blow out their opponents. If you keep it close, Cowboys have a chance. The NFC North and NFC South and those offensive teams ike New Orleans, Detroit or Green Bay teams historically known for offense, trick plays, or fancy play design. If they get up on us early, the game is only really 30 minutes long. We gotta force them to play all 60 minutes, not 20 or 25.

Bottom line, the name of the game is to keep it close.