Why did we have grit in Pittsburgh then go flat at home?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is why sifting through this place takes so much time to find quality posts. It’s just mindless, intellectually dishonest chaff.

The team isn’t good right now and it may not be all season. But damn, hyperbole as a rhetorical device is wayyyyy overused here.
Everyone has an agenda. I feel like people are afraid to be honest for whatever reason.

exciter

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....
Grit?
Grit had nothing to do with it. Detroit is a legitimate SB contender. Pittsburgh is an average team with a bathroom attendant functioning as their QB!
Evenly matched vs greatly outclassed!

visionary

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....
LOL why are fans such simpletons?

Pitt had a QB who couldn’t throw a forward pass. If they had a halfway decent QB they would have beaten us

shabazz

Reaction score
They are 4-2 lol.
i love how people pretend they never said we would get stomped by pittsburgh...they were gonna punch a mud hole in us and walk it dry.
we win.
and now pittsburgh was/is a bunch of pushovers.
i hate the way we lost to the lions to.
but that doesn't change a good road win over a good steelers team.
My comment specifically is the "the steelers have a soft offensive line and their Qb situation is suspect"

Where does that imply that the ENTIRE team is bad? They have a solid defense and special teams and are very well coached......their defense won half of their games last season.

Let's stick to the actual comments made instead of twisting it to fit a different narrative......fair?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Steelers are not a balanced team on offense.

This allowed us focus solely on stoping the run game.

Keep in mind we still almost lost.

cowboyec

Reaction score
My comment specifically is the "the steelers have a soft offensive line and their Qb situation is suspect"

Where does that imply that the ENTIRE team is bad? They have a solid defense and special teams and are very well coached......their defense won half of their games last season.

Let's stick to the actual comments made instead of twisting it to fit a different narrative......fair?
all i heard the week of the steelers game is that we would be bullied by their run game and tj watt would wreck the game.i don't remember any who said any part of their team was soft.
on nbc pre game...only the host picked dallas to win.
after sundays embarassment...every other comment about the steelers game is how soft they are.
hell...did that game even happen...can't tell.
all i know is on that sunday night...dallas did 3 things i've been told by many around here they couldn't do.
they went 1)on the road and 2) beat a good team 3) coming from behind.
i hate the loss on sunday too.
but i'm not gonna pretend they didn't beat a good steelers team on the road.
they did.
but that won't change any narratives round this place.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pittsburgh really isnt that good. They are more of a .500 team like we are. We can beat on our level, but when we are overmatched it really shows

Chasing6

Reaction score
We don't have grit.

shabazz

Reaction score
all i heard the week of the steelers game is that we would be bullied by their run game and tj watt would wreck the game.i don't remember any who said any part of their team was soft.
after sundays embarassment...every other comment about the steelers game is how soft they are.
all i know is on that sunday night...dallas did 3 things i've been told by many around here they couldn't do.
they did.
Before the season started, the AFC North , based on off-season moves, was thought to be one of the best divisions.

Since then, we've seen that the Browns are abysmal, Steelers offense is bottom 7, Bengals defense is in the bottom 1/3 of the league. Only the Ravens are a compete team.

The Cowboys beat a one dimensional Steelers team ( which was a nice win) but then got destroyed by a COMPLETE Lions team.

Is a one dimensional team a GOOD team?

Only the Cowboys can change the narrative you speak about because right now we aren't even good enough in any one thing to be one-dimensional .

Chasing6

Reaction score
they did.
Why would you listen to nbc pregame.

Steelers are not a good team. They have a good defense.

We are not a good team. We can't run or stop the run, with out 8 men in the box.

loublue22

Reaction score
How do people not recognize the pattern by now? Play mediocre to bad team with bad QB, win, play good team with good QB, lose. We've only been doing it for like 20 years now.