Why didn't the Cowboys fight back like the 49ers did?

khiladi

Reaction score
Both the Cowboys and 49ers were playing at home. Both teams were down by multiple scores.

One roared back behind timely defensive stops and a few momentum changing plays. The other went out with a whimper.

What is the source of the contrast? Is it talent? Is it intestinal fortitude?

I'll say this, Shanahan looked like you could fry an egg on his forehead at the end of the 1st half. He was visibly perturbed. I wish I could hear his halftime speech because his players, his leaders like Deebo, came out with a chip on their shoulder in the 3rd quarter. Top, down they have something that is a completely foreign concept in Dallas - football character.

Cowboys need to spend all offseason dissecting what is preventing them from fighting back when they are put in a corner like the 49ers did last night.
That 49ers “comeback” was a 1 and 1000 event. It all started with a bad throw by Purdy that bounced of the DB into the hands of the WR.

Then Dan Campbell happened, even though Reynolds dropped 2 crucial passes. A FG would have made it 3 scores and been over.

Praxit

Reaction score
....thats all on coaching. Getting your players in right situations.

Then again, your players have to be smart about it.

There's some Youtube vids going around where Bell, is about as dumb as they come.

He constantly left his gab, GB came right back to exploit it.

THings that make you say, "Huh"... ...no way you win like that.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Both the Cowboys and 49ers were playing at home. Both teams were down by multiple scores.

One roared back behind timely defensive stops and a few momentum changing plays. The other went out with a whimper.

What is the source of the contrast? Is it talent? Is it intestinal fortitude?

I'll say this, Shanahan looked like you could fry an egg on his forehead at the end of the 1st half. He was visibly perturbed. I wish I could hear his halftime speech because his players, his leaders like Deebo, came out with a chip on their shoulder in the 3rd quarter. Top, down they have something that is a completely foreign concept in Dallas - football character.

Cowboys need to spend all offseason dissecting what is preventing them from fighting back when they are put in a corner like the 49ers did last night.
Probably because they have no balls.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because they lack the talent on D.

Honestly, you guys who keep asking, what in hades do you think? All this talk about heart and that sorta hogwash is nothing but garbage. We lack LB's and DT's, and that's why we can't stop the run. We couldn't come back because we can't stop the run.

LysleE

Reaction score
GB bashed the Cowboys in the mouth and gashed them with both the run and pass; both GB coordinators out-schemed the Dallas coordinators. Dallas clearly has no heart…they looked unprepared and there was no emotion from the players at all

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
With every great comeback, there's an epic collapse... No shade on the 49ers win, but Detroit Lions H.C. Dan Campbell basically gifted them a trip to the Super Bowl with his bonehead coaching decisions in the 2nd half.; Shouldn't be surprised though, we saw the same coaching malpractice when his Lions faced the Cowboys in week 17 at the end of the game... **Instead of kicking the extra point to tie the game and send it to overtime, he opted to go for two-point conversion even after it failed on the first try because the referee said the lineman didn't report as eligible. Campbell is so reckless and defiant he went for the two points AGAIN, and the rest is history lol... Coaching malpractice plain and simple..

Hadenough

Reaction score
Because the defense just gave up the opening drive and saw Dak go 3 and out and knew it was over.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Meh we got beat down. Plain and simple. No amount of coaching, preparation or luck or anything else could have saved us. Go back and rewatch the first half if you dare. It literally looked like big strong men playing a bunch of weaklings.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Meh we got beat down. Plain and simple. No amount of coaching, preparation or luck or anything else could have saved us. Go back and rewatch the first half if you dare. It literally looked like big strong men playing a bunch of weaklings.
Mentally strong versus mentally weak.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That 49ers “comeback” was a 1 and 1000 event. It all started with a bad throw by Purdy that bounced of the DB into the hands of the WR.

Then Dan Campbell happened, even though Reynolds dropped 2 crucial passes. A FG would have made it 3 scores and been over.
I like Campbell but he makes some bonehead decisions.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It was reported that CD saw a red spot on the back of daks pants and he knew it was his time of the month. nobody can play with cramps.
CD was pissed.