Why didn't the Cowboys trade up for Josh Rosen?

J-man

Reaction score
Or DT's!!!!!!

I'd like this, but I don't have a like button. Any idea why?
I'm new on here but I used to be Bless the Boys from the old site. Glad to have found you guys again!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Call it insult or call it what it is. He is a busdriver, he needs a very complete team for him to win anything outside the post season. He is not capable to drive a field in 60 seconds if his team needs it. IF his team is behind two scores in the 4th there is no confidence he will get you those two scores. He is methodical and is capable of winning games in the regular season and he will never be a statistical monster. He is not flashy and he would rather check down to a RB or someone else then try and make a throw down the field in most cases. He is a 100% risk averse QB which does not lend itself to being post season successful.
His team was far from complete last year. Alex Smith hasn't played for stacked teams. Brady and Roethliberger do though.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd like this, but I don't have a like button. Any idea why?
I'm new on here but I used to be Bless the Boys from the old site. Glad to have found you guys again!
Welcome!!!!!

Just post, the benefits build up as you post.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still don't get it. Dak only has 2 years left on his rookie contract. He is eligible for a new contract after this season. Do the Cowboys really want to ruin their salary cap by overpaying the next Alex Smith. Dak doesn't make his teammates. He doesn't throw guys open. Rosen has an elite IQ, elite processing speed, and can throw guys open. He can make all the throws at an elite level. The Cardinals just gave up their 3rd and 5th round pick to move up from 15 to 10. The Cowboys probably would have given up their 2nd rounder. However, they could have traded Dak to the Cardinals for their 2nd round pick so they still could have selected Connor Williams. Rosen with the Cowboys current o-line plus Zeke would have been dominant. Rosen played with scrubs on UCLA. He never had an elite o-line and run game. Having scrub receivers wouldn't be an issue with Rosen because he can throw them open. Most importable we would have Rosen on cheap 5 year rookie contract so we could build a stacked team around him! The Cowboys have once again proven to be a negligent and complacent franchise.

TROLLIN
TROLLIN
TROLLIN
trol-LIN