Why do I keep reading Jerry better pay Dak now?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
he would basically take a 12 million dollar hit over 2 years by doing the short-term deal but it would result in him making 50 to 60 more million dollars by signing in 2023

He'd help the team improve and make more money long-term. Him and his agent are very adamant about 2023 so I wouldn't be shocked if he took guaranteed money now with the chance to bank in 3 years
He would make less money long term lol. There's no scenario where the cheaper 2-year deal makes him more money.

You're just asking him to take a discount, but there's no benefit to him in doing that.

khiladi

Reaction score
They are saying it because Jerry is redefining the market rate for players. Everybody knows Jerry’s influence business-wise in the league and the players know their pay-checks are being threatened.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
You look on twitter & on the media you see players and fans that Jerry better pay Dak now.

As if its Jerry's fault Dak didn't sign a long term contract. Like the Cowboys didn't offer him a 5 year deal making north of 37 million a year & 110 + million in guarantees.

Reports are week 1 last year both sides agreed to a verbal "handshake" deal and it was Dak & his agent that backed out of that deal.

Dak & his agent bet on themselves & now it looks like they lost. I wish Dak didn't get hurt. I think that is obvious nobody wanted that but now that he did this should help out the Cowboys.

Is that fair? Yes! Absolutely its fair. And Jerry & the Cowboys should use this injury to their advantage.

Just like Dak was using the franchise tag to his advantage. Dak had no issue holding the Cowboys franchise hostage. "this is just business". How many times did we hear that.

Well now Cowboys should be in the driver's seat & they should play hardball. They should have a backup plan going into the off-season. A plan that lets Dak test the market because no team is paying Dak 40 million a year... in a year the cap shrinks. Not after this injury. By the time Dak can do football stuff, free agency will have already began. Teams will be spending cap & I cannot see teams paying out a massive contract when they do not even know the health of Dak.

My hope is Dalton plays good & wants to stay in Dallas. Doesn't mind being a backup. Dallas can get Dak on a cheap 2 or 3 year deal to prove he is healthy.

But what Dallas doesnt need to do is over pay him now because they should have zero guilt on Dak getting injured. The game Dak & his agent played can backfire and it did. And Cowboys should reep the rewards of it backfiring because if it played out Dak's way, they had all intentions of reaping those rewards.
Why in the world now? That doesnt make any sense at all

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The media goes with what looks best for them. if dak got paid and played bad they’d be the first to rip him and the team.

But this is a way they can rip into this team and make a story out of nothing. Blaming the organization for the deal not getting done. Like we should give him whatever he wants cause he got hurt.

Meanwhile as said he was given a more than fair offer that his agent backed out of.

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't its just their "actions" because sports are down period and every sport didn't lean into those same "actions".

Every sport including NASCAR, NHL and Golf have “leaned in” either with donations or mission statements toward these, “non sport issues”

I hesitate to supply the links because of this sites censorship on certain issues.

Google , Dallas stars lost season ticket holders because of “. And that’s just one example.

shabazz

Reaction score
The media goes with what looks best for them. if dak got paid and played bad they’d be the first to rip him and the team.

But this is a way they can rip into this team and make a story out of nothing. Blaming the organization for the deal not getting done. Like we should give him whatever he wants cause he got hurt.

Meanwhile as said he was given a more than fair offer that his agent backed out of.

Today’s media would not and could not rip Dak under any circumstances......however if they did the offending writer would have to do a mea culpa and perform community service

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry is going to josh brent him. jerry the softie will keep another project around.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak and his agent got together and decided to bet on himself to win but not get hurt? :omg:
But somehow, Jerry Jones is obliged to pay him the big bucks? That's good thinking? :huh:

With all due respect to Dak for boldly going where few men have gone before, it was foolish.

Last edited:

HotDog37

Reaction score
That's actually a sad picture of Prescott you can tell the man cares and wants to win. For all the negatives anyone here might have about Dak Prescott the dude gives a crap and is someone I would have a drink with. I do hope he recovers quickly.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No need to pay him, he's nothing special and could easily be replaced.

Both Jerry and Stephen Jones seem much inclined to look in his direction when it comes to fostering his success. I believe he'll be paid, although, it may not be quite as much as Dak and his agent, Todd France, originally entertained their ideas of.

Nevertheless, there are too many avid pro football fans who feel a closeness to Dak, for him to be easily dismissed from their lives. At the same time, Andy Dalton will certainly bear the ongoing struggle with the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
We do know that, because players come back from similar injuries all the time. Hurns had a similar injury in December, and was a full-participant in practice in June.

Dak will be full go by next training camp.
This is true. This type of injury is not uncommon and it makes me question the manufactured grief and drama from the Dak lovers.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, just imagine having a promising young rookie on a rookie deal for the next five years. Oh the horror.
Its been 3 games. He is a very boom or bust prospect and has just shown "promise". He has thrown a pick every game besides the last. He also has a top 10 D.
The chargers must have simply been awarded number 6 overall. :rolleyes:
Admit, its just because he's white. Same with dalton

leeblair

Reaction score
There's a good chance Dak is healed by the start of FA. The Cowboys should do what they should of done last year and place the non-exclusive tag on Dak. See what other teams are offering. If someone wants to over pay. That's fine, take the picks.
I logged in at work just to "like" this post.
The Cowboys should use this to their advantage, and yes- they should put the non-exclusive tag on Dak and see what happens.
They wasted a golden opportunity last year.
I didn't want to see Dak get hurt, but it is ironic that he suffered the same injury that gave him the starting job when Kellen Moore got hurt.
He needs to earn his spot, wherever that is.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
This is true. This type of injury is not uncommon and it makes me question the manufactured grief and drama from the Dak lovers.
Now that is true. Some people act like he died, but part of it is that it was on TV and rather gruesome for casuals.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Though I agree, do you believe he will be able to perform at the same level he was performing at before this injury? I think he will, just curious to know your opinion, mostly because this injury is serious and a lot of people are saying things amongst the lines of "he won't play the same" or "he will only be 75% of what he used to be"
2 things,
1.he cant exercise for a good while, once his leg is ok to use he will have to build himself up again
2. he isnt playing for year, he will get out of the groove, and have to play his way back to where he was, and no telling how long that takes.
3. mindset, will he be afraid to run now? will he be afraid of another injury to same ankle or just in general, I think he will be leary and overly cautious
at the beginning at least.

As far as jerry should pay him , jerry owes dak nothing, Dak was trying to do what cousins did, play on the tags and then sign a contract.
more money that way. Cousins avoided injury, and dak didnt.
I had said before that dak never intended to sign a contract, and wanted to play on the tags first. I think that was his intention.
He gambled on not getting hurt, and he lost on that gamble, it is that simple. None of that is jerrys fault, it is all on Dak.

And this is just me, but if I were Dak, I would retire next spring before the draft, and give my leg another year to fully heal.
Then make a comeback try. I would try to get on as commentator with some network on my off year, and show I could do that job.
As a athlete, the ankle has a lot of stress put on it just in whatever they do, and I would want that area to be fully healed before I
started playing again.
It is similar to romo coming back before his collarbone was fully healed, the doc's ok'd him to play, but no way it was really ready,
so first time it is stressed it cracked again. Same thing could happen with dak and his ankle.

He would have the 31 mil and maybe collect on that insurance, and have a tv job, then later on could come back and play if he wanted to.
Coming back too soon is a another gamble, and I would not do it.

Silly

Reaction score
When this happened to me although I did not break the ankle but had a 3rd degree sprain on the inside part of the ankle, strengthening the muscles and ligaments around it was the key. I remember the trainer having me write the alphabet with my foot to get the flexibility back.

I was just curious. How long did your rehab take and did you make a full recovery?