Why do In and Out Fries Suck so Bad?

quickccc

Reaction score
Lived in LA for 25 years. If the line isn’t long, I wouldn’t mind an in and out. Yes, I never liked the fries but I ate them because it’s there.

However, there are so many mom and pops burger stands that are 10 times better in LA.

If you think In and Out line is long .... you'll utterly screeeeeam with agony and frustration if you get into a Chick-fil-A drive thru line .... !.... :eek:

Chick-fil-A waiting line is absolutely second to none ... . :banghead:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Culvers is the newest thing here in Florida and I like them. They are popping up every where with one being built less than a mile from me. Sonic Drink with their ice, then Mcdonalds across the street for fries made fresh, and then across another street for a Culvers Burger. Then back home. Merica! Ain't it great?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
If you think In and Out line is long .... you'll utterly screeeeeam with agony and frustration if you get into a Chick-fil-A drive thru line .... !.... :eek:

The Chick fil a in Grand Prairie causes traffic jams on Carrier and I 20 at times

quickccc

Reaction score
The Chick fil a in Grand Prairie causes traffic jams on Carrier and I 20 at times

The waiting lines go from out of the drive thru lines to actually in the traffic streets ....weekends are the worst.

Maybe some day, somebody will one day tell me what is supposed to be so damn extraordinarily special about Chick fil a food menu that is so vastly better than
any other existing drive thru restaurants.?

:huh:

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t understand it because their food is no better than any other fast food joint.

To their credit. The line moves fast. They’re well managed.

Chick fil a' manages to hire and keep hiring youngsters to take orders from car to car to get those orders in and out, and moving much quicker.

In and Out used to do that, but they've slacked up. Maybe because they have such a turnover in workers, they cannot keep up.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
J Giligan's Irish Nachos. best dang fries I have EVER had.

o.jpg

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you have to go to a restaurant and ask them to cook their food differently than they normally offer......

........then there's something wrong with the restaurant and they don't deserve your money.

Well, that is my only complaint about them. I like going there on occasion due to the simplistic menu……the animal style burger and shakes are good. The fries are good if cooked right.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Guess it depends on the location. Granted, I've never actually gone to one, but the lines don't look any longer than any other place.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Chick fil a' manages to hire and keep hiring youngsters to take orders from car to car to get those orders in and out, and moving much quicker.

In and Out used to do that, but they've slacked up. Maybe because they have such a turnover in workers, they cannot keep up.
And they're probably not a cult. :D

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

Even though the line is longer, their process is better which results in you getting your food quicker.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
You're pretty much right.

I can eat their burger, but it's not nearly as good as people claim.

I personally like Whataburger's fries.

I was just looking on google, and apparently In and Out claims their fries taste like cardboard because they only use potatoes and oil.

Well, I do the same thing and home and they still don't taste nearly as bad.

For this reason, I'm going to stop spending my money at In and Out. They're well aware nobody likes their fries, yet they keep doing it. I can only conclude the reason they taste so bad is because people still buy them and they make more money on them than they would if they tasted even just OK.

Whataburger ketchup is the only reason I like their fries. McDonald's still has the best fries, but everything else sucks.

quickccc

Reaction score
I have never been to an In and Out Burger. Do they have them in Dallas

In and Out Burger... Near Love field Airport .. Between Mockingbird and Cedar Springs Road ..

. ironically there's also a Chick-Fil-A just right across the street from In -And Out ........:cool:

Hoofbite

Reaction score

around here they’re pretty good at getting people through. They have people taking your order well before the menu spot and you just pull right past it. Don’t think I’ve ever spent more than 10 minutes in the line. I go there rarely, but they process the line faster than any other spot around and it’s not even close.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Never tried In and Out, need to one of these days. McDonalds are good, but my fav fast food FF are Arby's curly fries. I haven't eaten at Arby's in ages, there used to be one near my neighborhood, but they closed a few years ago.