Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Nobody is going to cut Dak.
Dak will ask to seek a trade if Lance is looking sharp because if he stays here his value will fall.
His chance to get a last decent deal is with a fresh team who is desperate.
Think about it, if he stays and gets beat out his value drops. If he starts the season with a lesser cast against a tougher schedule he will be benched.

If the Cowboys aren't extending him the best route is looking elsewhere.
His agent should be whispering to others already.
He'll get a big contract in 2025. As has been said, it'll only one desperate team (maybe Panthers) who'll overpay. Whether Dak's particular on WHERE he plays is the issue (which Jerry maybe gambling on).

I dont know if sitting on the bench is a better option (for his 2025 contract) rather than having to learn a new offense. NB, the Raiders, who look the best fit.....have a more one dimensional offense than we do. No running game.....would Dak be exposed as the League is able to stop the run and force him to throw.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll get a big contract in 2025. As has been said, it'll only one desperate team (maybe Panthers) who'll overpay. Whether Dak's particular on WHERE he plays is the issue (which Jerry maybe gambling on).

I dont know if sitting on the bench is a better option (for his 2025 contract) rather than having to learn a new offense. NB, the Raiders, who look the best fit.....have a more one dimensional offense than we do. No running game.....would Dak be exposed as the League is able to stop the run and force him to throw.
Oh yeah, he'll be exposed. But somebody will give him a nice multi year deal to get him in.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who will pay him 55+ million a year even if he seeks a trade?
I don't see it...................
intro-1673981627.jpg
It will be a multi year deal with a decent bonus and lower salary.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Dak hits the FA market this whole site will come crashing down to the reality of what the NFL thinks of Prestrash.
Just like it did when no extension was offered.
BOOK IT!!!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Oh yeah, he'll be exposed. But somebody will give him a nice multi year deal to get him in.
Yeah, so is it in Dak's best interest to: a) sit on the bench b) accept a trade to (possibly the Raiders....with no running game)? It would be in his best interest to sit on the bench and seek the contract based on his 2023 play. Not that Jerry would bench him, I think he's still convinced Dak will show him some loyalty (by loyalty I mean a face saving 'less than $55m per' contract) and that to happen he wouldnt risk upsetting and embarrassing Dak by sitting him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, so is it in Dak's best interest to: a) sit on the bench b) accept a trade to (possibly the Raiders....with no running game)? It would be in his best interest to sit on the bench and seek the contract based on his 2023 play. Not that Jerry would bench him, I think he's still convinced Dak will show him some loyalty (by loyalty I mean a face saving 'less than $55m per' contract) and that to happen he wouldnt risk upsetting and embarrassing Dak by sitting him.
I think the playoff was the last straw. I think the decision to move on from Dak began in TC, when Quinn was bringing pressure every passing play . Dak was struggling, holding the ball, throwing picks, looked horrible and out of nowhere the Lance trade was on.
Was the GB loss on Dak, heck no , was it partly on Dak? Always when he faces a above average defense.
Now, if you're a bad football team and you need a QB to help you to be functional Dak can be your guy. Will you give him a decent 3 year deal with a out? Yes.
OTOH if he stays here and looks bad or sits, CFL baby.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think the playoff was the last straw. I think the decision to move on from Dak began in TC, when Quinn was bringing pressure every passing play . Dak was struggling, holding the ball, throwing picks, looked horrible and out of nowhere the Lance trade was on.
Was the GB loss on Dak, heck no , was it partly on Dak? Always when he faces a above average defense.
Now, if you're a bad football team and you need a QB to help you to be functional Dak can be your guy. Will you give him a decent 3 year deal with a out? Yes.
OTOH if he stays here and looks bad or sits, CFL baby.
I certainly agree that Jerry was shocked by the GB capitulation and if we hadnt gone down ,as we did, Dak would already of been extended.
The problem for Jerry is whether he's actually brave enough to pull the trigger on a cut.... I agree he's not convinced Dak is the man (especially at 'top market' price), but he can't picture life without his QB.

Jerry's prevaricating hoping that Dak gives him a bone....which isn't coming, Jerry has to make a decision and force Daks hand.

If Jerry wants to move on, cut him now (Pre-June), save the $29m, clear the CAP and tell the world he's drawn a line (or could bid for Dak in 2025). He comes out of it as a decision making leader rather than this hopeful octogenarian where the optics appear to show indecisiveness and heading towards an iceberg where he hasn't the hand on the wheel and is hoping for the ice to drift.

NotForLong

Reaction score
@NotForLong ....we could cut him PRE-June, that means we take the full CAP hit ($66M) 2024. Everyone's a winner: Jerry saves $29m in his pocket, Dak gets the publicity at the new team (to showcase it was the roster that was letting him down)......and the Cowboys expedite the Dead Money issue into 2024.....possibly allowing the Cowboys to bid in the Dak Free Agency sweepstakes in 2025.
Sounds good they should do a pre June 1st cut then. Get him off the books

NotForLong

Reaction score
Th

They have everything Dak needs. 2 Monster TEs

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He’d do better than Dak… Dak isn’t going 13-4 with the 28th ranked defense. For all the excuses Dak fanboys make for him, he’s never had a garbage defense like Cousins has had year in and year out with the Vikings..
You clearly do not pay attention to who is who on this board if you are referring to me as a Dak "Fanboy."

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Would cause an immediate parade, Hats, costumes, celebrations in the streets.
Total mass chaos would occur, and forum servers would overheat and cause a mass outage of social outrage.
My oh my,,, how far we have come since 92,93 era of greatness.
Its time to return my friends.... bang my head with a cast iron skillet.
Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!!

Brax

Reaction score
I certainly agree that Jerry was shocked by the GB capitulation and if we hadnt gone down ,as we did, Dak would already of been extended.
The problem for Jerry is whether he's actually brave enough to pull the trigger on a cut.... I agree he's not convinced Dak is the man (especially at 'top market' price), but he can't picture life without his QB.

Jerry's prevaricating hoping that Dak gives him a bone....which isn't coming, Jerry has to make a decision and force Daks hand.

If Jerry wants to move on, cut him now (Pre-June), save the $29m, clear the CAP and tell the world he's drawn a line (or could bid for Dak in 2025). He comes out of it as a decision making leader rather than this hopeful octogenarian where the optics appear to show indecisiveness and heading towards an iceberg where he hasn't the hand on the wheel and is hoping for the ice to drift.
Jerry view as he has stated a few times in the past is just make it to the dance and anything can happen, so there’s 29 seasons of history and I don’t think he will ever change. He doesn’t understand that he’s closer to pushing up daisies than Dak leading the team to a Super Bowl

kskboys

Reaction score
Most people I talk to do not want to cut him, they think he should be traded. If we're not going to extend him, then he definitely should be traded. Jerry has wasted way too much trade value in the past, which is a big reason why we can't win in the playoffs.

Some trades Jerry turned down:

1. A 2nd for Mike Jenkins after we'd drafted MO and signed Brandon Carr.
2. A straight trade, Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice.
3. A 2nd for MartyB, after he'd shown his weirdness and had shown he was a great blocker but subpar otherwise.

And who knows how many other trades Jerry has turned down. No, I'm not suggesting we consistently trade away good players, but if we're not a super bowl contender and they won't be here when we become one, use those resources to quicken a rebuild. Failing to do so keeps us from becoming real contenders.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry view as he has stated a few times in the past is just make it to the dance and anything can happen, so there’s 29 seasons of history and I don’t think he will ever change. He doesn’t understand that he’s closer to pushing up daisies than Dak leading the team to a Super Bowl
And there's the problem. Jerry does not understand what gets you to the dance. "You don't need a good OL if you have a mobile QB" does not get you to the dance.