Why do people insist on cutting Dak?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It has to be black and white for the simple minded to watch the game. If a team wins QB was great. If a team losses QB sucked.

That is their understanding of the game. Don't bother trying to explain it to them, they can not comprehend more than that.
Not a single person on this forum thinks in that way.

But there are those who excuse bad QB play based on how badly the rest of team allegedly played.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has to be black and white for the simple minded to watch the game. If a team wins QB was great. If a team losses QB sucked.

That is their understanding of the game. Don't bother trying to explain it to them, they can not comprehend more than that.
LOL man you and your Dak buds are in for a hell of a ride.
You got the first scent when no extension happened and now the Steak is coming.
GL to your journey following him to whatever moronic team signs him as a FA.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But there are those who excuse bad QB play based on how badly the rest of team allegedly played.
Thank you. These people make up fake naratives, invent things nobody said..and go to bed with their victory.
Weird but..what ever you need to do to survive right?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I missed nothing. Dak well be the starting QB end of story.
You have argued against yourself since I never said Prescott would not be the starting quarterback. Not sure if this is an act, stubbornness or cluelessness. You have the final word. Make sure to comment for the sixth time outside the context of what you misread that no one else could.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Las Vegas keeps re-surfacing in conversations as a possible destination for Dak Prescott. My question is how long would the Raiders hypothetically keep Prescott on their wish list before rejecting the idea.

Antonio Pierce talked about his team's quarterback situation a month prior to the draft (link). He discussed pitting Aidan O'Connell and their free agent pickup, Gardner Minshew II against each other and compete for the starter role. Pierce had favorable things to say about O'Connell's improvement this offseason. And he reflected on the possibility of a trade up for a quarterback that interested them.

A month passed after that conversation. The Raiders stayed pat at #13 overall during the first round, although Mel Kiper stated they tried trading up for Michael Penix Jr. (link). In the same article, Raiders general manager Tom Telesco said (paraphrasing) there was not a concentrated effort to draft a quarterback.

It does not look like the Raiders have another starting veteran QB acquisition strategy outside Minshew according to my outside seeing eye peering into their plans. That said, I could be in need of a new eye prescription. Prescott could be on their wish list but I would think there is an expiration date attached. It is that possible deadline that I am interested in.
They did not draft a QB and neither did the Giants. The Raiders will simply wait it out.

He is not going to be traded.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Totally agree, (as someone who would accept Dak on a longer contract, to aid restructuring) we've/and he has also got to accept that he isnt the guy WHEN THINGS START GOING WRONG.
My fear is that the two SF play-off games highlighted that his emotions/anxiety/composure under pressure just affects his game.....we forget that he had the ball on 4 or 5 drives to win/tie both games, and came up short.
Then the GB game, he again lost composure (when chasing a deficit). Now whether we can spent on a Defense that will keep us in games WHILST DAK REGAINS COMPOSURE, is debatable as the SF games suggest he cant execute that final comeback.

I'm willing to give it a try, on a long term contract (like Hurts......who cares about $100m+ in 2029). With the saved CAP build a Defense that keeps us in a game.....but the buck stops at Dak (and his contract).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Different situation though. Rams really did go all in. Dak won't ever make it on a mediocre team since he's mediocre himself. And you'll never win a championship that way. At least one pillar has to be able to carry the house.
But put Dak into that Rams scenario and they probably dont win the SB, as in the play-offs, Stafford had to orchestrate 3 two minute victories from losing positions.
.....and we come back to that question that it's difficult going All-IN on a pair (or when your QB isnt able to lead the team when the chips are down).

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think that will happen? And what are the benefits to Jerry? I would only favor sitting him if they can do it while eating His whole Cap Charge and have a zero balance in 2025. Is that possible?
No, but it's the right move at the right time as common now where are we going if Dak starts come kickoff time???????????????
The team is weaker and these players will not play for Deer in the Headlights as they know carrying him for 17 weeks + the playoffs is impossible.
Do it Jerry show some coconuts and post June 1st his tattooed being!!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They did not draft a QB and neither did the Giants. The Raiders will simply wait it out.

He is not going to be traded.
It's probably only the fanbase (and media) that talk about a trade. The Raiders would try and sign him in, a heartbeat, if he were cut, but will stay pat with O'Connell/Minshew if it would cost draft capital.
I'm not sure Dak would approve of a Raider's trade (and certainly wouldnt agree an extension, unless its a market busting amount - $60m per)

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's probably only the fanbase (and media) that talk about a trade. The Raiders would try and sign him in, a heartbeat, if he were cut, but will stay pat with O'Connell/Minshew if it would cost draft capital.
I'm not sure Dak would approve of a Raider's trade (and certainly wouldnt agree an extension, unless its a market busting amount - $60m per)
FACT: The Jones boys would have traded him in a Texas heartbeat but there are no takers for the $ Prestrash desires.
It's either Post June 1st cut or he will fall in disgrace (BIGTIME) with a lesser team and a tougher schedule.
His FA value after this coming season will drop as common now only in Dallas (Homer fans) is he considered top 10.
Daks days of being carried are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No, but it's the right move at the right time as common now where are we going if Dak starts come kickoff time???????????????
The team is weaker and these players will not play for Deer in the Headlights as they know carrying him for 17 weeks + the playoffs is impossible.
Do it Jerry show some coconuts and post June 1st his tattooed being!!!
@NotForLong ....we could cut him PRE-June, that means we take the full CAP hit ($66M) 2024. Everyone's a winner: Jerry saves $29m in his pocket, Dak gets the publicity at the new team (to showcase it was the roster that was letting him down)......and the Cowboys expedite the Dead Money issue into 2024.....possibly allowing the Cowboys to bid in the Dak Free Agency sweepstakes in 2025.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody is going to cut Dak.
Dak will ask to seek a trade if Lance is looking sharp because if he stays here his value will fall.
His chance to get a last decent deal is with a fresh team who is desperate.
Think about it, if he stays and gets beat out his value drops. If he starts the season with a lesser cast against a tougher schedule he will be benched.

If the Cowboys aren't extending him the best route is looking elsewhere.
His agent should be whispering to others already.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
FACT: The Jones boys would have traded him in a Texas heartbeat but there are no takers for the $ Prestrash desires.
It's either Post June 1st cut or he will fall in disgrace (BIGTIME) with a lesser team and a tougher schedule.
His FA value after this coming season will drop as common now only in Dallas (Homer fans) is he considered top 10.
Daks days of being carried are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah, I doubt Jerry's got the: creativity, imagination or abilities to rebuild/reshape a team around an untried QB. He's happy with what he knows (hence 'liking our guys'). Jerry's trying to get France to reduce the demands, in part to show how he's no pushover as was shown last time, but it's not happening. He's not cutting Dak (even as a PRE-June cut, would solve his Dead Money situation in one foul swoop in 2024).
This Dak situation, highlights for me, how defective Jerry is as a GM. If he was a serious GM he'd see that 2024 is pretty much lost to a soft rebuild and Dak's giving no Home Town Discount.....so pay Dak what he wants OR cut him, stop sitting in No-mans land making yourself look indecisive.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody is going to cut Dak.
Dak will ask to seek a trade if Lance is looking sharp because if he stays here his value will fall.
His chance to get a last decent deal is with a fresh team who is desperate.
Think about it, if he stays and gets beat out his value drops. If he starts the season with a lesser cast against a tougher schedule he will be benched.

If the Cowboys aren't extending him the best route is looking elsewhere.
His agent should be whispering to others already.
Who will pay him 55+ million a year even if he seeks a trade?
I don't see it...................
intro-1673981627.jpg