Why do people keep insisting on calling Zeke fat?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yet he's willing to crash his body into tacklers and drag them for yardage 20 times a game and throw his body in front of fast moving blitzers another 20 times a game. I'm sorry bro but that "he doesn't care anymore" dawg won't hunt here. We have seen this guy sacrifice his body for the team too many times to heap that criticism on him. At least I have.. I don't know if he ever gets back to the level of dominance he once had.. But if he doesn't not caring won't be the reason why..

I said passion. He plays for his own ego. Sacrifice his body? Emmitt sacrificed his body, Zeke doesn't put his passion on the line when things are bleak and his team needs that extra gear. You see your reality. I have mine.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Cause he’s slow as hell and hasn’t had a long run in...I can’t even remember. Never pay an RB again. Zeke is JAG.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fat, skinny, what does it matter when he fumbles and underperforms game after game. Focus on what really matters... overpaying for an underperforming player. :rolleyes:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zeke fans can say what they want but he looks nothing like the back he was in college that merited the 4th overall pick. Watch these highlights.....the speed......the burst through the line......breaking tackles. We haven't seen that running back in over 2 years.

Nowhere near the burst he once had.....this is what many are referring to.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Probably cuz that beard and hair look like it adds 20 pounds :laugh: he’s not fat tho

20? You are being kind lol
WVrourg.png

Trajan

Reaction score
Zeke is paid per pound of fat. He is earning the money this season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at how Green Bay has managed their run game over the years. Can you name any of their RBs? Look at the Saints Alvin Kamara, a 3rd round pick who is one of the best in the NFL. Quick, whose KC's starting RB? i don't know, which is my point. You don't have to use the 4th overall pick in the draft for a RB. Emmitt, who you mentioned, is a prime example of the Cowboys using a mid 1st round pick, not the 4th overall pick on him. Using that pick on Zeke was idiotic.

No I see you do make a good point....a lot of backs are fun to watch...but they have healthy teams, a healthy and set system...and no Jerry. If we watched them more than occasionally we'd of course know their names.

I think it's a mistake to compare Zeke to THOSE situations without putting THEM in ours.

I also truly believe, with all my heart...that Zeke has been part of Dak's durability with his number of carries, blocking, and outlet passing.

Zeke is having a down year in all those categories...and now both Dak and Andy injured. Not from a sack or design bootleg...but escaping a collapse pocket.
So if you love Dak and his numbers....you HAVE to give credit to Zeke. Is it enough to collect 90 million? I dunno. I don;t worry about paychecks as much as some. It's not part of MY football...that is more for fantasy GMs...who have ZERO accountability for their criticisms and fantasies.
Having said that....I'm extremely disappointed with Zeke....as I am for almost everything Cowboys...even in this down year. I don;t if it's "fat", "morning after payday" syndrome, injury, mental, gassed. I dunno. Clearly something isn;t right. But I'm not holding the contract as a guillotine, I don;t care if he makes one dollar or a billion.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said passion. He plays for his own ego. Sacrifice his body? Emmitt sacrificed his body, Zeke doesn't put his passion on the line when things are bleak and his team needs that extra gear. You see your reality. I have mine.

And yet he still takes on the blocks knowing he's gonna get blasted.

I LOVE how you think your "reality" is so much more legitimate than anyone else's. Some arrogance!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Following your nonsense? Nope.

Lets start with the fact his best season is still his rookie year. If you think he hasn't changed for the worse since that season, then its not me you are not understanding. Its basic stats and perhaps your eyes are failing you too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lets start with the fact his best season is still his rookie year. If you think he hasn't changed for the worse since that season, then its not me you are not understanding. Its basic stats and perhaps your eyes are failing you too.
I'm not suggesting he didn't change, it's fairly obvious to assume any player would not be the same as 5 years ago against college caliber players like this "nail in the coffin" attempt of a video of his Ohio days. It makes no sense and it's not even a point to debate that he should be the same.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Looking at the video of college and seeing his big plays even as a rookie, it appears he seems to need holes parted open like the Red Sea in order to have a big play. I am even less impressed now after watching it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not suggesting he didn't change, it's fairly obvious to assume any player would not be the same as 5 years ago against college caliber players like this "nail in the coffin" attempt of a video of his Ohio days. It makes no sense and it's not even a point to debate that he should be the same.

His opponent doesn't change his speed and burst through the line. He looked the same his rookie year in the NFL as he did at OSU. He's only 25. No reason for him to fat and slow yet.....other than poor off field habits and work ethic.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking at the video of college and seeing his big plays even as a rookie, it appears he seems to need holes parted open like the Red Sea in order to have a big play. I am even less impressed now after watching it.

But you also see see him breaking tackles and attacking those holes aggressively. Thats how he ran as a rookie in the NFL. He doesn't do that now b/c he doesn't have the burst to get through those holes anymore. Fact is that he's just a lazy guy whose gotten by on talent. He doesn't have that 6 pack anymore.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And if Pollard is your starting RB, then you go ahead and get a backup RB.

Joseph Randall,??? That's a HORRIBLE comparison. Randle, not "Randall", got in legal trouble off the field and eventually kicked out of the league after a couple seasons. Again horrible comparison.[/QUOTE]

Zeke had a great rookie season, and has been a durable back, but you can find similar production at a fraction of the cost. Seeing Zeke's fumbling issues this season makes me really want to keep Pollard and send Zeke packing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct, but you can also find equal value at RB at a much lower cost.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

sorry and No to all..Pollards production is just like Randall's, great until you give him too many carries hes backup PERIOD..where the meat on the bone homie? its was left in you i cant cut being THE GUY pocket..

zeke without that fraud of suspension would have won 3 straight Rushing crowns, stop with the he was just great 2016 BS.. he bulked up put 10lbs of muscle on because he was the bell cow and it was what was aske of him, not fat Muscle...look around the league RBs hurt every where even the RBBC guys over in San Fran NOT ONE WAS Healthy last night..its a big deal to have guy who can run block, catch and stay helathy.. zekes drop off has more to do with the Ol , the OC new pass happy approach, and being down by multiple scores..last year zekes was good especially the last half of the season in the first half, go look, KM was the issues second half pass happy bs but this year is not fair to any player especially on offense once we lost the line, 2 qbs, and being down so much skill players have no chance..

so take that dribble you are slipping back to the padded room you escaped from..thats right you are delusional, all the zeke haters couldn't wait for a season where he appeared to be bad even though theres obvious reason to why, to pounce..

hater be Hatin, real fans know zekes the key to success,.

take a look Zekes best years=Playoffs, he heled hide a weak defense with TOP win, wore down opponents..

Zekes down years , KM, lets Pass dak into statapoloollza contract with no playoffs...

the teams needs to find balance and zekes the key to that but him playing 80% of the snaps to become a blocker for weak line and ran lie a Fullback because Moor is clueless on how to get the run game schemed to integrate with his pass game..

thats been the issue its been apparent since the last 8 games last year until now, we are losers because our pass game was allowed to take over..its not working, Dak and Zeke are better off feeding off each other..

IMHO the plan might be a sad one dak players under another FT if not traded , and both have 2021 to finish 2016s window of opportunity.. after that i believe Dak, Zeke, Dlaw, Coper, and other big contracts will be jettisoned and 2022 will be new ERA..

heck even crazier to think we end up top 3 and pick Fields or stumble into Lawerence and still sign dak as a FT guy and give that QB a year to learn..2022 could look a lot lie 2016..

we can use our high picks round 2 &3 on defense,, maybe trade back into round 1 or get 2 2nd round picks with packages..use a few FA day one picks also on defense..load up for one run in 2021 before it all blows up.

not saying that what is going into happen but for sure its possibility...

If I'm a GM I'm thinking hard about this, sounds crazy to take a QB high and Sign Dak to a FT deal and expect him to be ok with it but it can happen..