Why do people keep insisting on calling Zeke fat?

jjktkk

Reaction score
The guy parades around with his shirt up displaying his impressive six pack during warmups before every game .. How people conveniently unsee that and keep claiming he's fat, out of shape, yadda yadda yadda is just another illustration of just how blind their hatred is for this guy.
For me personally, I don't hate Zeke. But I never wanted to see the Cowboys use such a high, premium pick, 4th overall, on a RB. Our 3rd round pick, Tony Pollard, is proof of that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It may surprise you to know that defensive players in the NFL are bigger faster and stronger than what Zeke faced in the Big 10. His college highlights were never going to be duplicated in the NFL with any regularity. In college in half the games there might not be a single guy on the defense as fast as Zeke.. In there are 3-4 guys on every defense faster than Zeke and 4-5 more standing on the sidelines waiting to sub in.

TY saved me a response those are some bus sized holes many games in that video lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
For me personally, I don't hate Zeke. But I never wanted to see the Cowboys use such a high, premium pick, 4th overall, on a RB. Our 3rd round pick, Tony Pollard, is proof of that.
STOP TP is not a starter hes backup and IMO not capable of taking 300 carries and staying helathy..

get over that already hes had 1/3 the carries this season as zeke and the exact YPC and zekes not having great year so hes as good as bad zeke LOL nice RB hes freaking Joseph Randall, he ok in spot duty..zekes a 3 down back and better in every way but speed then pollard..

at the time it was a great pick. Hindsight looking for scapegoat's fandom is so cute..look it happened hes signed get OVER IT..

Other RB have been taking as high or higher since and handful are also getting paid..its rare Jerry wasn't the first of the last..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It may surprise you to know that defensive players in the NFL are bigger faster and stronger than what Zeke faced in the Big 10. His college highlights were never going to be duplicated in the NFL with any regularity. In college in half the games there might not be a single guy on the defense as fast as Zeke.. In there are 3-4 guys on every defense faster than Zeke and 4-5 more standing on the sidelines waiting to sub in.

This may be true...but you can't ignore the fact in 2016 (edit: 2014, sorry) he faced the very best the NCAA had. And TOTALLY DESTROYED them.
Wasn't like he was playing Mississippi State.
Michigan
Wisconsin
Mighty Bama
Media darling Ducks.

ALL DESTROYED. And zeke didn't just "play" for Ohio State. The final four games were something like 800 yards and 10 TDs.

Your saying bama didn't have anyone? Oregon?

Wish we could have preserved THAT zeke. I know....6 years is a long time.

Last edited:

jjktkk

Reaction score
STOP TP is not a starter hes backup and IMO not capable of taking 300 carries and staying helathy..
And if Pollard is your starting RB, then you go ahead and get a backup RB.[/QUOTE]

get over that already hes had 1/3 the carries this season as zeke and the exact YPC and zekes not having great year so hes as good as bad zeke LOL nice RB hes freaking Joseph Randall, he ok in spot duty..zekes a 3 down back and better in every way but speed then pollard..
Joseph Randall,??? That's a HORRIBLE comparison. Randle, not "Randall", got in legal trouble off the field and eventually kicked out of the league after a couple seasons. Again horrible comparison.[/QUOTE]

at the time it was a great pick. Hindsight looking for scapegoat's fandom is so cute..look it happened he's signed get OVER IT..
Zeke had a great rookie season, and has been a durable back, but you can find similar production at a fraction of the cost. Seeing Zeke's fumbling issues this season makes me really want to keep Pollard and send Zeke packing.[/QUOTE]

Other RB have been taking as high or higher since and handful are also getting paid..its rare Jerry wasn't the first of the last..
Yes, you are correct, but you can also find equal value at RB at a much lower cost.[/QUOTE]

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

at the time it was a great pick. Hindsight looking for scapegoat's fandom is so cute..look it happened hes signed get OVER IT..

Yeah...because our #2 RB;s have been SO AWESOME when they assume #1. Come on///STOP! SHEESH!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joseph Randall,??? That's a HORRIBLE comparison. Randle, not "Randall", got in legal trouble off the field and eventually kicked out of the league after a couple seasons. Again horrible comparison.

Yes, you are correct, but you can also find equal value at RB at a much lower cost.

And those RB's would have had Dak injured a long time ago.

Proof? zeke's "off year"....suddenly two QB's injured. They had to scramble out of the pocket for lack of good blocking. by O-line AND zeke. (edit: your stupid multi quote *** everything up...LOL!)

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Joseph Randall,??? That's a HORRIBLE comparison. Randle, not "Randall", got in legal trouble off the field and eventually kicked out of the league after a couple seasons. Again horrible comparison.
Only problem with replying to those posts is the format you end up with no fault of your own.
Dire need of repair.

And I agree.

jjktkk

Reaction score
And those RB's would have had Dak injured a long time ago.

Proof? zeke's "off year"....suddenly two QB's injured. They had to scramble out of the pocket for lack of good blocking. by O-line AND zeke. (edit: your stupid multi quote *** everything up...LOL!)
Zeke is a very good pass protector. My main problem with Zeke is his big contract.

kumizi

Reaction score

You completely missed the point just like the Cowboys front office.

Last I checked, you’re not limited to having one running back on the 53 man roster. Three guys getting 100 carries or two guys getting 150 carries carries the same production and less cost than one guy getting 300 carries.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is a very good pass protector. My main problem with Zeke is his big contract.

So...what are we gonna do about it? The problem is we haven't had much luck with our #2 and Pollard looks a lot like them.

He;s very good in subbing and flash plays...but he can't take the pounding our opponents are giving the running game and blocking duties too.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You completely missed the point just like the Cowboys front office.

Last I checked, you’re not limited to having one running back on the 53 man roster. Three guys getting 100 carries or two guys getting 150 carries carries the same production and less cost than one guy getting 300 carries.

Typical armchair monday morning GM.

YOU are not held accountable for your GMing.

garyo1954

Reaction score
What are people supposed to say when you "Feed Me" tat includes a spoon?

BB18ZViP.img

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not proof of anything, You haven't seen Pollard play #1 not even one season. Are you daft? (And I say that with all....due ...respect)

jjktkk

Reaction score
It's not proof of anything, You haven't seen Pollard play #1 not even one season. Are you daft? (And I say that with all....due ...respect)
If I was looking to move Zeke, I would have no trouble giving Pollard a shot as my #1. I would have a viable backup of course.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was looking to move Zeke, I would have no trouble giving Pollard a shot as my #1. I would have a viable backup of course.

What "viable backup"?
As in....just dime a dozen anyone will do?

You haven't been paying attention since Emmitt.

I stand by my view that Zeke saved Dak's @ S S many a times. So if you;re Dak fan you have to appreciate Zeke (and ignore what ever contract YORU do not personally control) .

As I said...you have ZERO accountability for your GMing. You even act like you're immune. "ih just put any ol RB there and everyone wins YAY!"

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Present day zeke could still do those things against high school teams. Is it possible the defenses of the pros are better than those high schools.

Thats college not high school. Sorry the video was apparently over your head.