Why do people keep insisting on calling Zeke fat?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
The guy parades around with his shirt up displaying his impressive six pack during warmups before every game .. How people conveniently unsee that and keep claiming he's fat, out of shape, yadda yadda yadda is just another illustration of just how blind their hatred is for this guy.
Zeke's not fat, but he's too heavy to be the best back he can be. He has good speed, but he'd have really good speed if he dropped at least 5 pounds. A Peterson played at 220 in his prime and kept that speed into his 30s. Zeke lean 4.47 at 225 and never played below 226.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying this garbage. It's unequivocally false. The aversion to truth on this board is wild.

Zeke ranked 2nd in total snaps and % of snaps played amongst RBs last year, and he's first this year, with 108 snaps more than the next running back, in total.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/s...L_3NekZp1bI&form_id=fo_stats_snap_counts_form

I don't care about criticisms that Zeke's lost some burst or whatever. But the nonsense about his effort, commitment, toughness, etc. is just trash.

If he's lost some burst, then he's lost some effort.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Most of the time I see reference to Zeke being fat( it has been to mock those who believe he gained weight between the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Zeke was clearly a different back but few people could acknowledge it. Now that more people are accepting he isn’t the same explosive back he was in 2016 and the weight increase probably has slowed him down, the “Zeke is fat” comments no longer are used in mockery.

aria

Reaction score
Why do people insist on posting nonsense like this. Zeke had a 24 yard run THIS YEAR against the Falcons.. Or was that the Browns? The one he fumbled at the end of but still. He had a 33 yard TD run last year against the Ratscums.. If you're going to disparage the kid at least have the decency to use actual facts to do so instead of parroting the fallacies you've heard..
Kid? she’s a grown man.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy parades around with his shirt up displaying his impressive six pack during warmups before every game .. How people conveniently unsee that and keep claiming he's fat, out of shape, yadda yadda yadda is just another illustration of just how blind their hatred is for this guy.

I think its b/c he has no burst anymore.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he's fat. Slower? Fumbly? Knocked on his butt in blocks? Yes.

I also noted...or at least didn't see...him doing "feed me". for the first time ever?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just #ZekeHate

Its annoying.

It does get annoying. These personal digs form people....they think it makes them look clever and in some Kool Kids Klub.

The thing most annoying is that some of these guys are the same ones berating Dak "haters".

Not only not funny....but insanely hypocritical.

Don't get me started on "Fat Mike".

(PS...look...I'm old school and "words can never hurt me"....but this kind of thing is like being in a Harley club and beeching about Harley's. Yer gonna get beat up)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
WXddPKb.jpg
While he's certainly in better shape than most of us, he looks like he's got enough extra weight to slow him down. Put on 5 or 10 extra lbs. of clothing and see how much slower and less agile you are. I'm definitely not saying he's fat, but he could probably run a little faster, with more burst, if he lost a few.
I feel this is what you're looking for in an every down RB. We don't have a FB, so a leaned out Elliott probably wouldn't hold up as well. JMO

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They have competent offensive lines and a defense that is not in last place. Put your agenda down for a second and realize you were defending Romo with the lousy defense argument a few years before Dak. Come on, Catch.

No QB wins without a team around them. Romo should have resolved this completely forever on this board.

Agree..

But look when those QB's win.. They win on rookie deals and when they are vets taking massive pay cuts.

That is how you put a team around them.

Unfortunately Dallas has an expensive roster and they want to throw a QB contract on top of all that.

That is what people don't get about us Dak "naysayers". Most of us agree Dak is good and most of us think Dak needs a good team around him and most of us don't see it happening considering we couldn't build it on his 4th round rookie deal.

These QB's are winning titles when they are young.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I believe fat is a metaphor for slow and lazy. Zeke has lost more than a step and seems to be a-ok with all the losing. The guy is never going to be a popular player. Suspensions, holding out, brushes with the law, the losing and his apathetic attitude guarantees that.

Zeke has shown great leadership and maturity every time he’s stepped in front of the mic this season. Not sure where you came up with half the stuff you just said.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I feel this is what you're looking for in an every down RB. We don't have a FB, so a leaned out Elliott probably wouldn't hold up as well. JMO

And no one in the league likes to tackle Zeke.

Reactions: G2

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zeke has shown great leadership and maturity every time he’s stepped in front of the mic this season. Not sure where you came up with half the stuff you just said.

What? When? Where? Clearly your opinion. They are 2-6 and plenty of evidence the team has some issues. This might be the dumbest post I have read in a month.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Yeah there are so many great FBs in the league. Sure wish we had one. We would have more 2 back sets then and can look like the rest of football. 2 back sets are just dominating these days.

ondaedg

Reaction score
What? When? Where? Clearly your opinion. They are 2-6 and plenty of evidence the team has some issues. This might be the dumbest post I have read in a month.

Oh really? Go watch some clips of Zeke talking to reporters post game. Here is one for ya. 16:21 mark.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah there are so many great FBs in the league. Sure wish we had one. We would have more 2 back sets then and can look like the rest of football. 2 back sets are just dominating these days.
I'd rather go that route than shotgun or wildcat formations were the RB is backed up.

LittleD

Reaction score
The guy is heavy, shows heavy feet, and can't hold onto the ball. He didn't deserve a second contract and is now hurting this team every week. Time for lots of
current players to go and quickly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's an interesting take.. but men tend to get a little thicker naturally as they enter their mid to late 20's anyway. Emmitt came into the league at 205 and left it at 220. I would also challenge your assertion that he's clearly stronger. Stronger guys don't get the ball ripped away from them at the rate he has this year. But I appreciate a thoughtful, reasoned response. I don't remember his making any statement regarding concentrating on strength but I have no reason to doubt what you have stated here. I have seen him in person three times.. twice at the 49ers new stadium .. once in the preseason when he didn't play and then once when they played during the regular season and once last year at the Vikings game at the Death Star. I've seen him in warmups all three times. He is a strapping, thickly muscled dude.. He looks much rounder in pads than he does out of them. Frankly the guy has borderline bodybuilder genes. People who throw out "fat" to describe him demonstrate a lack of understanding of physiology.

That may be true....."lack of understanding physiology"...I certainly have it!

But I don't think that's it. It's basic human psychology. Some people love to tear other people down. It makes them feel better about themselves. This place is a microcosm of humans...it exists. The people doing it don't have any idea it's them. They just think they're cool.
I suppose similar to the Dunning-Kruger Effect?

"Fat Mike"
"Fat Zeke"
"Dak hater"

Come on.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

The only thing fat about Zak is his bloated contract given his on the field performance and lack of need for a supposed bell cow running back. He is eating up resources that the team desperately needs on defense and the offensive line.