Why do people keep insisting on calling Zeke fat?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy is heavy, shows heavy feet, and can't hold onto the ball. He didn't deserve a second contract and is now hurting this team every week. Time for lots of
current players to go and quickly.

You could argue he "deserved" a second contract. 2-time rushing champ, for starters.

Not sure you can argue he's lived up to it. Even during COVID/new coaching/devastating O injuries/questionable defense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agree..

But look when those QB's win.. They win on rookie deals and when they are vets taking massive pay cuts.

That is how you put a team around them.

Unfortunately Dallas has an expensive roster and they want to throw a QB contract on top of all that.

That is what people don't get about us Dak "naysayers". Most of us agree Dak is good and most of us think Dak needs a good team around him and most of us don't see it happening considering we couldn't build it on his 4th round rookie deal.

These QB's are winning titles when they are young.

Yeah Brady and Manning were both mere pups when they won their Super Bowls this decade. I'm sure their average age at the was just under 40. And Nick Foles was practically in diapers when he won his..

The last 10 Super Bowl winners and their ages.

2010 - Aaron Rodgers 27
2011 - Eli Manning 30
2012 - Joe Flacco 27
2013 - Russell Wilson 25
2014 - Tom Brady 37
2015 - Peyton Manning 38
2016 - Brady 39
2017 - Nick Foles 28
2018 - Brady 41
2019 - Mahomes 24

So in the last 10 years there has been exactly two guys 25 or under to win the Super Bowl while on rookie contracts. So somehow the 20 percent chance is the preferred path over the 80 percent chance? Sorry that math doesn't work. History shows that if you surround a good QB with a good team you have a better chance of winning regardless of age. But if you don't HAVE a good QB you have almost no chance. Regardless of the brain dead narratives people keep putting out there about how "you have to win championships with a QB on a rookie deal or you have no chance" the data says the exact opposite. You're four times as likely to win with a good veteran surrounded by a good team than you are with a greenhorn no matter how talented.

starman22

Reaction score
The guy parades around with his shirt up displaying his impressive six pack during warmups before every game .. How people conveniently unsee that and keep claiming he's fat, out of shape, yadda yadda yadda is just another illustration of just how blind their hatred is for this guy.

Maybe people need to change the aspect ratio on their big screen, lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah Brady and Manning were both mere pups when they won their Super Bowls this decade. I'm sure their average age at the was just under 40. And Nick Foles was practically in diapers when he won his..

2010 - Aaron Rodgers 27
2011 - Eli Manning 30
2012 - Joe Flacco 27
2013 - Russell Wilson 25
2014 - Tom Brady 37
2015 - Peyton Manning 38
2016 - Brady 39
2017 - Nick Foles 28
2018 - Brady 41
2019 - Mahomes 24

So in the last 10 years there has been exactly two guys 25 or under to win the Super Bowl while on rookie contracts. So somehow the 20 percent chance is the preferred path over the 80 percent chance? Sorry that math doesn't work. History shows that if you surround a good QB with a good team you have a better chance of winning regardless of age. But if you don't HAVE a good QB you have almost no chance. Regardless of the brain dead narratives people keep putting out there about how "you have to win championships with a QB on a rookie deal or you have no chance" the data says the exact opposite. You're four times as likely to win with a good veteran surrounded by a good team than you are with a greenhorn no matter how talented.

Why are you bringing up age?

Who cares..

The problem is paying QBs.. Not how old they are.

cern

Reaction score
Svelte, lithesome, sylphlike? Assuredly not. More like burly, brawny , husky. NOT FAT.

Reactions: G2

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Who cares..

You're the one who keeps claiming you have to win while they're on rookie contracts. The ages serve as an indicator as to just how untrue that assertion is. 8 of the last 10 Super Bowl champ QBs were decidedly NOT on rookie contracts. Sure they also weren't making "highest paid player ever" money but no sane person wants the Cowboys to do that with Dak either. I have said many times that he must do a team friendly deal that allows maneuverability under the cap or leave town. Others have said it too. You just don't want to acknowledge it because your overarching goal seems to be more about getting rid of Prescott than actually building the best team possible.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Chub chub is a professional athlete and he is falling apart physically faster than a winnie the pooh at a honey convention.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Y

2010 - Aaron Rodgers 27
2011 - Eli Manning 30
2012 - Joe Flacco 27
2013 - Russell Wilson 25
2014 - Tom Brady 37
2015 - Peyton Manning 38
2016 - Brady 39
2017 - Nick Foles 28
2018 - Brady 41
2019 - Mahomes 24
2020 - Brady 43

So at this rate and pattern do we just pencil in Brady for 2020? :laugh:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
The guy parades around with his shirt up displaying his impressive six pack during warmups before every game .. How people conveniently unsee that and keep claiming he's fat, out of shape, yadda yadda yadda is just another illustration of just how blind their hatred is for this guy.

No Hes not Fat. I do hate we gave him the contract though. Not because of his ability, but because he hasnt proven that hes trustworthy. Theres no way Im paying RB big time, long time contracts in this NFL. Thats not saying hes not good, but its easier to to find a RB than anything else.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you think his belly looks like it did at Ohio State then I would suggest you get an eye exam ASAP.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you think his belly looks like it did at Ohio State then I would suggest you get an eye exam ASAP.

He's not the same dude that came out of Ohio State but then again, it's not uncommon for players to come into the NFL and just add weight. In fact, it used to be much more common in the NFL a few years ago, then now.

Tussinman

Reaction score

Who cares..

Yeah I was actually suprirsed by the last 10 QBs to win a superbowl list.

The 2 manning boys where the only ones that had a top 10 QB cap hit.

Almost everyone else wasn't even in the top 15 (even rodgers was extended so damn early that he wasn't even the top 20 when he won)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah I was actually suprirsed by the last 10 QBs to win a superbowl list.

The 2 manning boys where the only ones that had a top 10 QB cap hit.

Almost everyone else wasn't even in the top 15 (even rodgers was extended so damn early that he wasn't even the top 20 when he won)

At least you informed yourself and can now see why I get so frustrated by people who want the utopia of building a great team as well as paying Dak.

Me not wanting to go down this path means I think Dak sucks.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Looks fat to me
Joe_Looney_as_Zeke.0.jpg