Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
Because you can’t have an All Pro at every position. We have talent. But you know what the problem is? Everyone else does too.

I argued with everyone the Packers have talent. Even more than we do and no one listened until they beat us by 50.

The NFL is full of the best athlete and players in the world. What separates the good from the bad is culture, locker room, quarterback play and coaching. You have it or you don’t. We can sit here and complain about what we lack but no team is perfect.

The team had 9 All Pros. Even if you take off kicker snd punter you had 7…we have weaknesss but we always do snd always will. You need your players or overcome
Those weaknesses. I’m tired of hearing how our offensive line isn’t perfect for Pollard or Dak. Or now we have undersized linebacker. Overcome it and stop choking.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Because the owner repeats the delusional junk constantly to the media, the fans, then it gets regurgitated like a sickness until its a foregone fact, all created from the pickled brain of a geriatric delusional man. Fact is, we aren't good defensively. We are good at certain things, but as a whole, we aint very good. We are much better offensively. The worst part is, we are poorly coached, but the media has a love affair with DQ. Its weird. I want him fired if he doesn't get another gig. Then let the new hire get with McClay and lets find some hosses.

bewp7

Reaction score
they do have talent

wich is why a dumb bum like mccarthy can win 12 game in the regular season

because they sure do not win because mccarthy is out coaching any one

i can not say enough how dumb and bad mccarthy is at coaching

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?

Need more because definitely need OL too. Mock draft saw last night had us taking the LT from Washington with first pick.

rambo2

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Look at the other teams and look at what the Cowboys did this year and compare.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Dallas is not a talented team. Only football novices who don't pay attention to the games claim Dallas has lots of talent.

Dallas has the following:

One of the worst linebacker cores in the N.F.L

Average safeties

Zero Oline depth

Below average dline

No talented defensive tackles

Can't stop the run on the edge or in the middle

One of the worst middle of the field defenses in the N.F.L.

Can' run the ball

QB who wilts under pressure in big games

Below average wide receivers

No true #2 wide receiver

Average tight ends

This untalented bunch struggles with any team with a pulse above .500.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
We do have talent. We don't have the culture, discipline and coaching to keep that talent consistent to win a Superbowl. We see hints of the talent with dominant performances when the team bothers showing up. We then see complete embarrassment when the team has already penciled in a victory but comes across a hint of physicality like against the Cardinals, Broncos, 49ers of a couple years ago and now Green Bay. The real problem is culture and preparation and new players won't fix that. When you get blown up on both sides of the ball in the playoffs by a team a touch above .500, that's not a player issue. It's culture and discipline.

Besides, we'll never be able to get enough talent here because we rely primarily on the draft and neglect free agency, and when we do make free agency moves, it's mostly to grab some 'bargain vets'. Meanwhile, teams like San Fran make bold moves and get guys like McCaffrey who become centerpieces.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because you can’t have an All Pro at every position. We have talent. But you know what the problem is? Everyone else does too.

I argued with everyone the Packers have talent. Even more than we do and no one listened until they beat us by 50.

The NFL is full of the best athlete and players in the world. What separates the good from the bad is culture, locker room, quarterback play and coaching. You have it or you don’t. We can sit here and complain about what we lack but no team is perfect.

The team had 9 All Pros. Even if you take off kicker snd punter you had 7…we have weaknesss but we always do snd always will. You need your players or overcome
Those weaknesses. I’m tired of hearing how our offensive line isn’t perfect for Pollard or Dak. Or now we have undersized linebacker. Overcome it and stop choking.
So, what you're saying is, people tend to focus on the players we do have and ignore the positions of weakness? Now that makes sense.

John813

Reaction score

To be fair to the OP, we didn't have 3 linebackers on the roster after LVE went down.

It was just Clark and Bell, minus the PS callups lol. And a few weeks of Evans and maybe that former UT player?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, what you're saying is, people tend to focus on the players we do have and ignore the positions of weakness? Now that makes sense.
Actually I’m saying the opposite. We need to focus on the players we have and not what we don’t.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do have talent. But so does everybody else in the NFL. The line between 7-9 and a Super Bowl can be as thin as simply the QB play. Just ask Tampa.

kskboys

Reaction score
Look at the other teams and look at what the Cowboys did this year and compare.
Already done. Since I tend to look at models of success, I look at, say SF. They went out and signed the most disruptive NT in the game, 2 quality backup OL(w/ no injury issues, BTW), a quality PR, a quality rotational DE, and a couple of nice DB backup/ST types. And that was on top of trading for McCaffrey and Trent Williams previously.

So, you assigned me a task, here's yours: Name the quality pickups we've had in the last 3 or 4 years:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be fair to the OP, we didn't have 3 linebackers on the roster after LVE went down.

It was just Clark and Bell, minus the PS callups lol. And a few weeks of Evans and maybe that former UT player?
I get jt. We needed linebackers. That’s an excuse for we didn’t win the SB. I can accept that. I can’t accept that for why we got beat by 50 to the Packers…no linebackers doesn’t explain why Dak played the way he did just like Steele doesn’t explain why the defense did what they did.