Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

visionary

Reaction score
It is a Jerry talking point and the stupid media buys into it

It is his way of saying

1. We dont need a GM change because im getting a lot of talent as GM

2. Telling the HC, i did my part, youre the problem is something goes wrong

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
3 LBs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
Wasn't some rookie LB who got IRed looking good in camp?
And we've got a very good MLB in Parsons if we just use him right. It's a win-win at DE and LB to move Parsons from DE to LB for base downs.

But eh, DT is grim. I'd say that based on this year's play, 2 are *definitely* needed. I wouldn't give up on Mazi, but I'd still consider him rotational for next year. And just move on from Hankins to make room for upgrades.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
well there's teams with lesser rosters still playing. One cleaned the field with dallas a few days ago, BUT with that said, there are holes in this roster, some very obvious. Center, RT sucked, LT was good..when he played, the entire front 7 needs an overhaul. To your point, guys like Osa and Hankins would be good DT3 and DT4 guys but in Dallas we talk about them like their the steel curtain. No RB1 or WR3 on the roster.

rambo2

Reaction score
Already done. Since I tend to look at models of success, I look at, say SF. They went out and signed the most disruptive NT in the game, 2 quality backup OL(w/ no injury issues, BTW), a quality PR, a quality rotational DE, and a couple of nice DB backup/ST types. And that was on top of trading for McCaffrey and Trent Williams previously.

So, you assigned me a task, here's yours: Name the quality pickups we've had in the last 3 or 4 years:
Gilmore, Hankins, Cooks, and Aubrey.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, that's what we've been doing, and that's why we keep losing early in the playoffs, because of weaknesses.
That’s not what they do. They keep trying to build a perfect roster and you can’t. We are sjtting here talking about linebacker and right tackle and our whole team didn’t show up. Oh if we had a better nose tackle we would’ve been better on offense?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Because the NFL is a product and positives like "great player", "always getting better", "they are near", "all he does is breaking tackles", etc.. sell your product better than phrases like "this is boring", "the NFL gets worse every day", "this catch could have been caught by 90% of WRs" .

Dont you recognize during games? Always the same phrases regardless of the game you switch to.

kskboys

Reaction score
It is a Jerry talking point and the stupid media buys into it

It is his way of saying

1. We dont need a GM change because im getting a lot of talent as GM

2. Telling the HC, i did my part, youre the problem is something goes wrong
Very well stated.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wasn't some rookie LB who got IRed looking good in camp?
And we've got a very good MLB in Parsons if we just use him right. It's a win-win at DE and LB to move Parsons from DE to LB for base downs.

But eh, DT is grim. I'd say that based on this year's play, 2 are *definitely* needed. I wouldn't give up on Mazi, but I'd still consider him rotational for next year. And just move on from Hankins to make room for upgrades.
Yes, but if you move Parsons, then DE becomes a need.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because the NFL is a product and positives like "great player", "always getting better", "they are near", "all he does is breaking tackles", etc.. sell your product better than phrases like "this is boring", "the NFL gets worse every day", "this catch could have been caught by 90% of WRs" .

Dont you recognize during games? Always the same phrases regardless of the game you switch to.
Ouch. You're right!!!!!

They have/had some people believing that one CB can actually stop the opposing O from passing for a full side of the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s not what they do. They keep trying to build a perfect roster and you can’t. We are sjtting here talking about linebacker and right tackle and our whole team didn’t show up. Oh if we had a better nose tackle we would’ve been better on offense?
It is what we do. We pay enormous sums to the Flashies, then have nothing left for other positions.

Didn't show up is a media term. Many players played very hard. We got overwhelmed due to weaknesses, there was no lack of effort. Lack of effort is another media term that is mostly incorrect.

kskboys

Reaction score
well there's teams with lesser rosters still playing. One cleaned the field with dallas a few days ago, BUT with that said, there are holes in this roster, some very obvious. Center, RT sucked, LT was good..when he played, the entire front 7 needs an overhaul. To your point, guys like Osa and Hankins would be good DT3 and DT4 guys but in Dallas we talk about them like their the steel curtain. No RB1 or WR3 on the roster.
No, there's not. All the teams left have overall better rosters than we do.

What you're thinking is that we have more stars/skill position players. That does not mean our overall roster is better.

kskboys

Reaction score
The other teams that play us and have guys running around, making plays, getting stops on defense, making plays on defense, not making stupid mistakes, they have the talent. I've always kept it close with the talent word. We have a roster of players, not talent. We get confused by some good games, and call it talented! Our big named guys don't make enough big plays when it's needed. There are lower tier guys on other teams that make bigger plays
Ooooooooooo, now that is well stated. Fans see some big name talented players and then think we're just sooooooooooooooooooo talented, but the college players at way too many positions always derails us.

kskboys

Reaction score
?
I expect all the starters back but Biadasz.
A starting C is needed.
Draft a 1st round C, and we could have a very strong oline if Steele returns to form, which I'll go out on a limb and consider *likely*.
I think we need a C, OT, and OG. I think Tyron is done and our RT is Steele, who I don't believe can stay healthy. Martin is also close to done.

Aside from Martin and Tyler, do we have anyone who we can count on?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

The 49ers had nine players named to the Pro Bowl, which was two more than any other team. The Cowboys and Ravens both had seven players. The Dolphins and Eagles both had six players named to the Pro Bowl.

The pundits, to a man (and woman) focus on everything that Dallas HAS, not on their glaring holes that need to be filled.

So, maybe both is true? Could some of their players be really good, while still have obvious needs?

Nevertheless, I understand why many fans believe that this roster is really good, based on the stats, the # of pro-bowlers, and the sheer number of experts that say it, repeatedly...all season.

Though I don't believe it, myself. I don't care about the stats ("the Cowboys defensive line has the most pressures by any team"), the pro bowl count or what others say, I trust my Eye Test during the All 22s film.