Why do People Keep Saying that we have the Talent?

Zordon

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
It's because those idiots on espn keep repeating it to the masses. Anybody who follows this team with a fine-tooth comb knows we are not even as talented as the last few years.

Heck, in the Fox pre-game last week, the host had the audacity to ask Jimmy if this was the best team since the 90s. Dude, is this even the best team of the the 2020's?

I really hate how the national media keeps repeating this misnomer about Dallas' talent. :banghead:

kskboys

Reaction score
It sounds as if people are falling for Jerry's spiel and ideas, filling in the flashy positions and using late draft picks and cheap FA's to fill in the most important positions.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

Are people saying this just to say it? I mean, it's blatantly obvious that we do not have the players, what's up w/ claiming that we do?
We had enough talent as much as any other team out there

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

The media has done the same with our (cough) elite oline.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sounds like the media and Jerry have a ton of people snowed.

BTW, the weaknesses that blatantly caused the playoff loss were pointed out by many of us before the draft and preseason.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes you say that? We have no LB's and an OL that is falling apart. No starting RB and a tweener at DT. How do you ignore our positions of weakness?
Look what happened to the Eagles. I don’t think San Fran is that great either. I definitely think we had enough talent not enough mentality of coaching to win it.

shabazz

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

I agree 100%. We are so far off competition with the niners and ravens. It's not just 2-4 ,players away.

That's why I'd like to see a young new coach here that can grow the team

The problem is the fossil buying the groceries here....it always comes back to the fossil

kskboys

Reaction score
Look what happened to the Eagles. I don’t think San Fran is that great either. I definitely think we had enough talent not enough mentality of coaching to win it.
Then you are listening to the wrong info source.

The mental thing is simply a way of not admitting problems.

shabazz

Reaction score
So, those of you claiming we have all this talent simply ignore the many weaknesses? We can't stop the run, which has been wildly apparent for years. No matter how many all pros you have, the weaknesses will sabotage this area.
The entire middle of the defense, from line to backers are bad....they scare no OC

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We need 8-9 new players:

3 LBs
2-3 OLs
FS
DT(Maybe 2)
RB

The other teams that play us and have guys running around, making plays, getting stops on defense, making plays on defense, not making stupid mistakes, they have the talent. I've always kept it close with the talent word. We have a roster of players, not talent. We get confused by some good games, and call it talented! Our big named guys don't make enough big plays when it's needed. There are lower tier guys on other teams that make bigger plays

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Because you can’t have an All Pro at every position. We have talent. But you know what the problem is? Everyone else does too.

I argued with everyone the Packers have talent. Even more than we do and no one listened until they beat us by 50.

The NFL is full of the best athlete and players in the world. What separates the good from the bad is culture, locker room, quarterback play and coaching. You have it or you don’t. We can sit here and complain about what we lack but no team is perfect.

The team had 9 All Pros. Even if you take off kicker snd punter you had 7…we have weaknesss but we always do snd always will. You need your players or overcome
Those weaknesses. I’m tired of hearing how our offensive line isn’t perfect for Pollard or Dak. Or now we have undersized linebacker. Overcome it and stop choking.
so why do people go out and say we're going to beat this team, this should be a blow out etc, I'll never understand this line of thinking. You said correctly, the nfl is FULL with the best of talent, these guys are on a team for a reason!!

shabazz

Reaction score
Dallas is not a talented team. Only football novices who don't pay attention to the games claim Dallas has lots of talent.

Dallas has the following:

One of the worst linebacker cores in the N.F.L

Average safeties

Zero Oline depth

Below average dline

No talented defensive tackles

Can't stop the run on the edge or in the middle

One of the worst middle of the field defenses in the N.F.L.

Can' run the ball

QB who wilts under pressure in big games

Below average wide receivers

No true #2 wide receiver

Average tight ends

This untalented bunch struggles with any team with a pulse above .500.
It can beat tomato cans but gets exposed against the better teams.

I hope to hell that we get a real tough schedule early on next season so the early delusion can't grow roots

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think it's a fair questions, however if anyone thinks this team realistically needs 8 upgrades to starting positions to content then MM & DQ deserve lifetime contracts for the job that they've done this year after being the top scoring team and 5th in points allowed. Rosters that truly have that many holes are 5-12, not 12-5.

Xeven

Reaction score
To be honest the offense often seems unpracticed. I watch other good teams and they execute plays like they were born doing it. Dallas is inconsistent on offense from week to week. The defense has no answers for good run schemes none what so ever and we fail because we cannot manage run defense mixed with passing. Packers exposed Quinn harshly. Dude had no answers, had no adjustments had nothing to offer the cowboys team 8n that game. He may as well had been on a cruise or vacation that game.

I blame the above on coaching. We have moments where our talent overcomes the poor coaching and lack of practice. We defeated weak teams or teams that were themselves falling apart. We have no moments where we are elite and dominant as a team and that is reflected in some comments made by Parsons. Tired of learning, it is time to be dominant.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
?
I expect all the starters back but Biadasz.
A starting C is needed.
Draft a 1st round C, and we could have a very strong oline if Steele returns to form, which I'll go out on a limb and consider *likely*.

jgboys1

Reaction score
So, those of you claiming we have all this talent simply ignore the many weaknesses? We can't stop the run, which has been wildly apparent for years. No matter how many all pros you have, the weaknesses will sabotage this area.
Yup. We can't run the ball, we can't stop the run and we have a mental cases behind center and in the owners box but other that that, we are ok.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so why do people go out and say we're going to beat this team, this should be a blow out etc, I'll never understand this line of thinking. You said correctly, the nfl is FULL with the best of talent, these guys are on a team for a reason!!
I don’t never assume we will blow out anyone. I was not shocked one bit we lost to the Cardinals.