Why do so many Cowboys fans make better decisions than the Cowboys front office?

lk8701

Reaction score
Ramsey over Zeke and TJ Watt over Taco are the 2 most recent draft decisions that come to mind. Obviously there were many fans who supported/justified the Cowboys selections of Zeke and Taco. However, there were an equal number of Cowboys fans who were clamoring for Ramsey and Watt. It's sickening thinking about how much better the Cowboys would be with Ramsey and Watt.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah but you also have to be fair and look at all the unpopular moves that went in the front offices way.

Very few were fans of picking Travis Frederick I’m the first. Everyone wanted to cut randy gregory. Even picking dak a few years back was a head scratcher for many. At that time he was a mid round talent who probably was a career backup with off field issues.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ramsey over Zeke and TJ Watt over Taco are the 2 most recent draft decisions that come to mind. Obviously there were many fans who supported/justified the Cowboys selections of Zeke and Taco. However, there were an equal number of Cowboys fans who were clamoring for Ramsey and Watt. It's sickening thinking about how much better the Cowboys would be with Ramsey and Watt.

A handful of fans on here understand the game and get most things spot on. The rest just don’t get it or have an agenda.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah but you also have to be fair and look at all the unpopular moves that went in the front offices way.

Very few were fans of picking Travis Frederick I’m the first. Everyone wanted to cut randy gregory. Even picking dak a few years back was a head scratcher for many. At that time he was a mid round talent who probably was a career backup with off field issues.

those are understandable. Ramsey over zeke, watt over taco, not resigning zeke, resigning dak are all no brainers.

firing Garrett years ago........etc....etc....

Aven8

Reaction score
I can personally guarantee a lot of posters think, crap, and eat football 24/7 around here. Jerry doesn’t do that. Now if one of us were to say, “hey Jerry why aren’t you promoting more, or acquisition of Sponsors etc”....Jerry could school all of us.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Mainly cause we don't take a week-long vacation when the legal tampering period starts. This family is the definition of stupidity. It's gonna be that way for our entire lives and our future generations life's.

kumizi

Reaction score
There are probably a lot of fans more qualified to be an NFL GM than Stephen Jones.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It is a different thing when it is your money and your neck on the line, but it does seem that the fans have a better grip on what would improve the team...and it also makes you feel bad for the coach because you know they would make different moves than our GM does.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because hindsight is 20/20.

How many fans were sitting here pounding the table to draft Dak? Fans don't know nearly as much as they like to pretend they do.

To be fair, Dak was drafted to be a backup they hoped would never play. They thought Romo would be their guy for some more years. Don't act like they drafted Dak to be the guy. Remember, if they had it their way, they would have traded back up to the 1st rd to get Paxton Lynch.

And it wasn't hindsight of fans saying how bad the Jaylon pick in the top of the 2nd rd would be. How dumb picking Taco over TJ Watt would be. LVE being very questionable. This was all said the second those picks happened.2 of them were very injury prone and they fell because of it.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I guarantee that very few if any would be able to be a GM of NFL team.

Just because we post on a blog and get certain things right, the vast majority would get fired within a year of getting job.

Take Louis Riddick for example. Has played in the NFL and has worked in the front office. He interviewed for multiple teams this year and didn't get a job. This would happen with I say 100% of posters.

Stick to your day jobs and stop the nonsense where you think you're smarter than the front office.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

It's a mixed bag, those are 2 examples and I think the Zeke and Ramsey debate was a valid one up until last year. We'll see how Zeke rebounds.

The Watt one is still a tough one. I do think if McKinley was there he would have been the pick which wouldn't have likely worked out anyway. I can understand why Taco was selected graded similar to Watt who was undersized at the time. Lot of red flags on Taco and was one pick it wad hard to get excited about.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I am still scarred by the Taco pick. When I saw TJ Watt was still available I literally screamed I was so excited. Then my heart sank when they picked Taco.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Country club and listening to the wrong peoples opinion.

From everything I have heard the scouts had Taco Charlton scouted properly but Rod Marinelli viewed him different. Jerry listened to Rod instead of the guys who scout these players for years.

Rod needs exact prototypes for his scheme and he doesn't want to fit his scheme to players. TJ Watt was a prime example of that.