Why do so many Cowboys fans make better decisions than the Cowboys front office?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ramsey over Zeke and TJ Watt over Taco are the 2 most recent draft decisions that come to mind. Obviously there were many fans who supported/justified the Cowboys selections of Zeke and Taco. However, there were an equal number of Cowboys fans who were clamoring for Ramsey and Watt. It's sickening thinking about how much better the Cowboys would be with Ramsey and Watt.
They don’t except only in hindsight.

JBS

Reaction score
I guarantee that very few if any would be able to be a GM of NFL team.

Just because we post on a blog and get certain things right, the vast majority would get fired within a year of getting job.

Take Louis Riddick for example. Has played in the NFL and has worked in the front office. He interviewed for multiple teams this year and didn't get a job. This would happen with I say 100% of posters.

Stick to your day jobs and stop the nonsense where you think you're smarter than the front office.

All of this is irrelevant. Whether average Joe's are smarter than our front office is irrelevant (yes, it is the topic of this thread, I get that)

What isn't irrelevant, is that our front office is filled w a bunch of clueless bozos who aren't qualified for the job. That's a fact.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ramsey over Zeke and TJ Watt over Taco are the 2 most recent draft decisions that come to mind. Obviously there were many fans who supported/justified the Cowboys selections of Zeke and Taco. However, there were an equal number of Cowboys fans who were clamoring for Ramsey and Watt. It's sickening thinking about how much better the Cowboys would be with Ramsey and Watt.

A lot Cowboy fans were also upset at taking Frederick in the first round, and pretty blah about Zach Martin.

And, sure there were fans that wanted Watt and Ramsey, but there are always fans that want someone other than who the team picked. That's true of every team that doesn't have the one of op handful of draft picks in a given season, and sometimes even then.

And,drafting is not an exact science. Every team would do something different with the benefit of hindsight.

End of the day, sure some got it right on Watt and Ramsey. Hell, a number of teams would look at Watt differently now. There were I believe 5-6 DE's taken ahead of him, some that didn't do any better than Taco despite being picked higher. But fans don't always get it right. It may seem that way because those that did are vocal, and many became vocal once hindsight was available. It's just the nature of drafting, and the nature of fans. Overall the Cowboys have done a pretty good job drafting the last decade though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because hindsight is 20/20.

How many fans were sitting here pounding the table to draft Dak? Fans don't know nearly as much as they like to pretend they do.
Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and a miss.

Man, you've gotta pretty much be blind not to see that several fans draft better than this org.

One thing I have noticed, though, the ones who accuse others of using hindsight generally have no clue.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I think the Zeke pick was more split, while the Taco pick was almost universally panned.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke over Ramsey was a clear choice to help Romo. Problem is, we didn't expect Romo to go down in preseason. with a healthy romo in 2016 we make the NFCCG. I really don't care how well Dak was playing, when Romo was healthy I think he should have gotten his job back. Good chance we beat GB with Romo playing.

promo needed a defense, not zeke. Romo quit. Get over it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Agree. Though we all debate each other here I’d rather watch 3-4 people for this board go through what’s best for the team than Jerry snd his team at times. They are ensnared with “what could be” than reality of injuries etc
3 or 4? Vs Jerry? That number is way higher.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah but you also have to be fair and look at all the unpopular moves that went in the front offices way.

Very few were fans of picking Travis Frederick I’m the first. Everyone wanted to cut randy gregory. Even picking dak a few years back was a head scratcher for many. At that time he was a mid round talent who probably was a career backup with off field issues.
Fans have the option of changing their minds later lol
I remember when everyone on here wanted Dallas to trade for Roy Williams
Then most based Jerry when it didn’t work out
If only teams got redo like fans lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We highlight the ones we get right and forget about all the ones we get wrong. Few fans want to point out the mistakes that they make.

A player that always comes to mind for me is Patrick Watkins. The year we drafted him, in the fifth round, I believe, we had some who were calling for taking him in the second round. (I could go through each draft and list pick after pick some favored who turned out to be as bad as Taco.) If we actually went through every member's posts about the draft, we'd either find that essentially they like so many players leading up to the draft that they can't miss hitting on some of them or that their draft success is about the same as Dallas' or maybe even lower.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It’s really to me about Mis evaluation of our own guys. If your going to pay your own players they have to perform. Between zeke amari and jaylon smith that’s a good amount of cap room for non elite play.

I take a guy like jaylon.... Jerry is afraid to let him go cause he knows he’s prob go into another system and succeed. Jerry can’t handle that so he overpays.

It isn’t about dak... it’s more about our top players around the team underperforming. Only one that does is Lawrence.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Fans have the option of changing their minds later lol
I remember when everyone on here wanted Dallas to trade for Roy Williams
Then most based Jerry when it didn’t work out
If only teams got redo like fans lol
Yup...as much as i want to bash the zeke over ramsey pick Im sure if someone did a deep dive to 2016 i was right there defending it haha

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nepotism and the buddy-buddy system among the well known and connected has been the Cowboys downfall for the past 26+ years.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
To be fair though, when posters make incredibly bad suggestions on draft/FA recommendations, we nice in and forget about them since they gave no impact on the outcome unlike the FOs bad decisions.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are simply the poster children of inadequate management. Elderly ones but inadequate, nonetheless! ;)

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
promo needed a defense, not zeke. Romo quit. Get over it.
I've been over Romo for a long time now, thanks. Zeke was picked for Romo to try and keep the window open. I thought Romo gave us the best chance to win in the playoffs in 2016, but he didn't get the opportunity and then retired. I've been on board with Dak ever since.

morat1959

Reaction score
Because we want to win and that’s not close to the top priority of this front office. It’s been proven time and time again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because we want to win and that’s not close to the top priority of this front office. It’s been proven time and time again.
IGNORANT statement

right Jones goes into every offseason hoping to lose and every decision he hopes fail...SMH bunch of idiots posts around here with this mess..:facepalm::huh: