Why Do So Many People Get Face Tattoos?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I try staying neutral on tattoos but one tattoo type that blows my mind is branding yourself with a significant other's name. Kids' names. Parents' names. Close friends' names. I am mostly okay with those but branding a spouse's or partner's name on your body seems like permanently labeling yourself as someone else's property. It would really get me if I saw the same on someone's face.
Jees. I better get that Dallas East tattoo off my cheek then. :lmao2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The majority of people that get tats on their face are in pain psychologically. It’s that simple. The rest are either tribal or gang related...

funkytown

Reaction score
I have half sleeves (to the elbow) on both arms and shoulders. Back and chest totally tatted. If you totaled them all up, probably over 20 tattoos. Spent a lot of well earned money, but it was well worth it.

But I also work in a professional environment where tattoos are frowned upon. So I've always kept mine in areas the general public cannot see. I have no idea why regular people get face tattoos or even ones all over their hands.

MS-13 was mentioned in this thread, and of course face/neck tattoos are very common among individuals who are gang related. If you are not a gang member, rapper, or professional athlete who will never have to work again...You should not get face or neck tattoos. Pretty much letting society know you are a bad seed and have no plans of being employed by someone else. Self employment is always an option though :)

lukin2006

Reaction score
rodrigo-fernando-dos-santos-tattoo-artist-paid-nearly-350-have-his-eyeball-tattooed-black.jpg

How about eye/dying tattoos ...

timb2

Reaction score
I don't mind tattoos,just the face in my opinion is the portal to who you are. I notice the gang related and tribal and understand,but some face tattoos and I wonder "What is this person thinking"? I can't post it but some guy tattoo himself like Heath Ledger's Joker. The rest of your life that is on your face and not coming off.Just like this "The Crow" guy the tattoo black had faded to gray and it looked terrible on his face. He still had the black trenchcoat,but with balding blonde hair and overweight. He looked more like comic book character of Spawn's enemy "Clown".

I do enjoy some beautiful artistic tattoos and model(google her) Masumi Max and her artistic vine artwork on her back is very SEXY!!!...But these people with some random stuff on the face gets me. I have notice most are very self conscious and will not look you in the eye when talking to you.

timb2

Reaction score
(Google her) Nikki Cash and her garter belt tattoo on her thigh is very hot!!!

lukin2006

Reaction score
On a more serious note. Do any of you worry about not being able to detect skin cancer early enough? Not trying to alarm anyone, just curious if it has crossed anyone's mind?

timb2

Reaction score
I knew a cab driver who was in prison for awhile and he had a friend from prison who had a face tattoo and the next time he saw him he had a giant scar on the side of his face . The cab driver asked him "What happened"? and the guy said "He couldn't get a job because of the face tattoo, so he cut it off himself".

roughneck266

Reaction score
Beauty about the people who get tattoos...it's their money and they are not hurting anyone else by doing it.

I personally don't care for the majority of facial tattoos but it is not my money and it is not hurting me if someone else has one.

There have been some rare cases where I like them. I think the ones Kat Von D has on her face ( the stars by her hair line) look nice.

Also I would say if you are a tattoo artist it is a business that might help if you have some tattoos on your face instead of hurt like in most other professions.
Everything on her looks nice. :)