Why do you either have to be a Hater or Homer?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I praised Dak for his play up to the bye week because I thought he was playing top 5 QB football.

Since the bye week he has been horrible and looked like he has been playing bottom 5 QB football and I've called him out for it.

I don't care to praise him or hound him. I will do whatever the situation calls for.
Fair enough

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I praised Dak for his play up to the bye week because I thought he was playing top 5 QB football.

Since the bye week he has been horrible and looked like he has been playing bottom 5 QB football and I've called him out for it.

I don't care to praise him or hound him. I will do whatever the situation calls for.
:lmao::lmao:What a load of bull crap! :lmao2::lmao2:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s not that simple or one sided at all.

There has been a loud group from the beginning of Dak’s career that did not like him for some reason and their critiques changed as they were proven wrong.

He only wins because his team is good.
He can’t throw for 300 yards.
He can’t thrown the deep ball he’s dink and…

Then when that proved to be a bad assessment they changed to:
Anybody can put up 400 yards, but he can’t win.
Etc. etc. on and on.

It is/was pathetic.

It’s clearly fine to criticize Dak. I don’t think many care if it’s grounded in fact and not some overreaction or emotional “feeling” or “eye test”.

It’s fun to make fun of those people that are wrong and can’t admit it. I’m not sure why. I guess it’s that they are obnoxious about it and don’t care about being wrong. And when they disappear then reappear after a loss it’s revealing and transparent which makes it more fun.

On some level they like the attention they get for being the way they are. It’s a win-win.
Thanks for the insight, very informative

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't get it.

If you say anything positive about Dak you are labeled as Homer.
If you say anything negative about Dak you are a labeled as a Hater.

Why can't we as a Cowboy's fan who likes the boy's and their players just offer up
observations and critiques of Dak or the Cowboys without all the blow back ?

Something has clearly been wrong with Dak since the calf injury and I am very concerned.

If it does not get fixed before the playoffs we will be one and done.

Assuming we make the playoffs of course.

I think he is either still suffering from the calf injury or has another undisclosed injury.

I sure hope whatever the problem is, it can get corrected soon.

For the record I really like Dak as a person and player and hope he can get back to his old self.
I quit calling them haters a few months back. Now I call them bottom dwellers. There's a handful here who could care less if the Cowboys win and just want Dak to fail. They know who they are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve never understood the “hater” label. A fan gets frustrated with their team and is critical and candid about their performance and they get labeled a hater. Lol It’s caring about your team and their performances that causes you to become frustrated and angry when they aren’t playing well. I’ve seen a few homers get fed up with the team after a bad performance. That’s part of being a fan. Being critical of your team or a players performance shouldn’t be construed as hate. Those who accuse some of us of being haters for giving honest opinions are just being stupid. I’m not about to apologize and make excuses for the team every time they lose or don’t play well. That’s not me and never has been.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get it.

Why can't we as a Cowboy's fan who likes the boy's and their players just offer up

Something has clearly been wrong with Dak since the calf injury and I am very concerned.

I think he is either still suffering from the calf injury or has another undisclosed injury.

For the record I really like Dak as a person and player and hope he can get back to his old self.
I don't mind criticism, what I do mind is words like trash, idiot, moron etc....I consider fans that use words like that to be haters.....or, if you don't like that word...you can call them trash, idiots and morons....lol!
Especially those that don't know what they're talking about and are just talking out if there behinds...

I'm a homer and fans like me go to far as well....most of it is just a protective mechanism, but we talk out of behind too.

For the record, I'd rather have a few drinks with a homer than a hater.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I don't get it.

I guess you need to be on one side of the fence or the other according to some.

Me, I like the Cowboys and always will because I am a Dallas native.

Some people just like controversy and believe it or not, some on this site are really not Cowboy fans at all. (the shame of it all)

How about being positive....about our Cowboys and about life. Btw, I just put on my boots cause it's gettin deep. :laugh:

I guess I am really both. I will always be sort of a Homer and I hate it when the Cowboys lose. I want them to win no matter who is on the team and no matter what team they are playing. jmho

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve never understood the “hater” label. A fan gets frustrated with their team and is critical and candid about their performance and they get labeled a hater. Lol It’s caring about your team and their performances that causes you to become frustrated and angry when they aren’t playing well. I’ve seen a few homers get fed up with the team after a bad performance. That’s part of being a fan. Being critical of your team or a players performance shouldn’t be construed as hate. Those who accuse some of us of being haters for giving honest opinions are just being stupid.
Those aren't haters....the ones that hide when things are going well and then reappear when the stuff hits the fan just to criticize.....that's a hater

phildadon86

Reaction score
Those aren't haters....the ones that hide when things are going well and then reappear when the stuff hits the fan just to criticize.....that's a hater
I stated the same above. The best are the ones who "know football" but make claims like they do, and then proceed to try and make you feel stupid lol. I wont tag certain people because its pointless they always try and justify their claims. Heck today I learned that Ron Leary was better at run blocking than Zack Martin. Imagine that. The poster went on to say "at that point in their career" but in no way shape or form was Ron Leary even on the same planet as Martin in any sense. Martin is from Krypton. Leary is just a human on Earth. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You’ve accused me of being a hater and I’ve never left when things are going well and reappeared when they weren’t.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like Dak. He had one of the best rookie years of any rookie QB in the history of football. I think the only one with better rookie year stats is the goat.

But you have to admit he also had the best O-Line in football at the time and a running game. Not to mention he was a semi-running QB. Once they got film on him and was able to figure out they could stack the line and force him to use his arm and use his youth and lack of experience in reading defenses against him he regressed a little.

Then as he got that experience his play picked up but injuries to the O-Line and other things kind of leveled him out but I still considered him a top 10 or 8. Going into a year he finally gets his contract he was looking pretty good he gets a injury that was just horrific.

But he bounced back and was just ripping it up on this latest win streak. Now we are seeing him fighting injuries himself and losing talent around him.

He is still playing a good level. But this “calf” injury has done one thing that to me has exposed a problem. Up until the time of the injury he would have designed roll outs and would take off if nothing was there. He had RPO options and was very mobile. Since that injury starting this year he played lights out with this Offense and it’s talent. He isn’t running the RPO or designed runs including even QB sneaks but would still take off occasionally if needed and could roll out to by time. He was rolled out against the pats when he jumped up and threw the game winning TD to the dangerous Lamb. In doing so he injured his calf and said something didn’t feel right.

Since that injury he missed a game but returned and after we pull out a win using Rush, this Offense has stalled.. I know we have injuries including losing 2 starting WR a pretty good TE and our starting RB is playing injured at half speed. We have had musical O-Line losing and missing a starter here and there. But the one thing that has stuck out that’s added to slump is Dak is not running with the ball. Missing the players we were missing using Daks legs to confuse defenses and help move the chains when needed was crucial. But for some reason other than him running a TD against the falcons game he has NOT scrambled when nothing is there.

If this is the future for him and he will not be scrambling when it breaks down and not rolling out and moving the chains with his legs when he has the field in front of him then we will not make the SB in my opinion. If we want Dak to take this team on his shoulders and take us to victory then he will at times have to carry this team with his legs. With out that part of his game being used he will slip into the land of medium talent and when all the talent isn’t there he and the team will suffer more than other teams with great pocket QBs like brady.

Simply put start using them legs Dak. Don’t expect you to have 5 designed runs per game but when you roll out and no one is open and you have open field in front of you then take it and slide. I hope he is just still nursing the calf and not afraid or being coached to not take off.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get it.

Ask Rockport and Ranching who type Hate every other word here.....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't get it.

Because in 2021 there is no middle ground on any issue. There isn’t any tolerance for differing opinions. So everyone gets grouped in with the extremists depending upon your point of view for each discussion. I have been a Dak fan since he was drafted. Didn’t think he was in the best shape of his life when he said it earlier this year and got labeled a hater. I don’t mind. Now I just play up to the part out of spite. It’s the way the online game Is played.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm not a hater but I'm probably labelled as one. Sad really but it's the sign of the times as others have previously mentioned. Apparently players shouldn't be held accountable for underperforming.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't get it.

that's how the haters prefer it :rolleyes::eek::D