Why do you either have to be a Hater or Homer?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s not that simple or one sided at all.

There has been a loud group from the beginning of Dak’s career that did not like him for some reason and their critiques changed as they were proven wrong.

He only wins because his team is good.
He can’t throw for 300 yards.
He can’t thrown the deep ball he’s dink and…

Then when that proved to be a bad assessment they changed to:
Anybody can put up 400 yards, but he can’t win.
Etc. etc. on and on.

It is/was pathetic.

It’s clearly fine to criticize Dak. I don’t think many care if it’s grounded in fact and not some overreaction or emotional “feeling” or “eye test”.

It’s fun to make fun of those people that are wrong and can’t admit it. I’m not sure why. I guess it’s that they are obnoxious about it and don’t care about being wrong. And when they disappear then reappear after a loss it’s revealing and transparent which makes it more fun.

On some level they like the attention they get for being the way they are. It’s a win-win.
100% accurate.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You could be a realist and applaud the good and call out the bad.
You could, and many do, but several are extremists, who seem more concerned with feeling justified in their opinions than actually seeing certain players (or maybe even the whole team) do well.

JayFord

Reaction score
i dont either

im a fan of the Cowboys and imma tell it like it is

I love having Dak as our QB
Dak was the best qb in football imo before his injury
after his injury he's been playing like a 18-20 ranked qb

the defense has been playing alot better than i thought it would

Elliott is one of my favorite players and i think this injury is worse than we think he looks like hes jogging alot of plays

morat1959

Reaction score
I don't get it.

If you say anything positive about Dak you are labeled as Homer.
If you say anything negative about Dak you are a labeled as a Hater.

Why can't we as a Cowboy's fan who likes the boy's and their players just offer up
observations and critiques of Dak or the Cowboys without all the blow back ?

Something has clearly been wrong with Dak since the calf injury and I am very concerned.

If it does not get fixed before the playoffs we will be one and done.

Assuming we make the playoffs of course.

I think he is either still suffering from the calf injury or has another undisclosed injury.

I sure hope whatever the problem is, it can get corrected soon.

For the record I really like Dak as a person and player and hope he can get back to his old self.
Let’s all join hands and sing I’d like to teach the world to sing.

morat1959

Reaction score
I dont mind criticizing a player when its warranted. Dak has played way off the mark the past little bit. However he has had flashes of throws I didnt even think he could make. Did he lose us the Raiders game? No. But somehow on here he did. What bothers me the most are the posters that were non existent for weeks and then the Denver game happened. Those are the ones I cant stand.
It’s hard facing reality isn’t it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
we're on a message board dedicated to the cowboys.
we're all homers.
never understood that lable.
i don't think the other side are haters.
they're critics.
and thats fine.
possible to be both.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I've never used either term because I honestly believe we ALL want a winning team but it's obvious some fans/posters have personal agendas. It's not see they wanna see certain players fail.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the vast majority of members here fit neither label.

I am a Homer only to the extent this is my team but I don't let my heart rule my mind with what I see on the field. Prescott makes mistakes I call that out.

People are people and they decide on who they like and don't like based on their own perceptions. There are some here that do not like Prescott as there were some that didn't like Romo. The same has existed for Elliott, Bryant and even Witten.

What I don't get is why fight that battle? No one here is going to make someone that doesn't like Prescott or Elliott like him. And the reverse is true.

Can you imagine what this would have like with the Morton-Staubach battle, Danny White and even Aikman-Walsh?

The name calling is childish and silly but it will not stop. And it's not about the team as much as it is the poster. Anyone disagreeing with their perception gets called a Hater or a Homer.

JBond

Reaction score
I don't get it.

Why can't we as a Cowboy's fan who likes the boy's and their players just offer up

Something has clearly been wrong with Dak since the calf injury and I am very concerned.

I think he is either still suffering from the calf injury or has another undisclosed injury.

For the record I really like Dak as a person and player and hope he can get back to his old self.
Young kids are an emotional train wreck?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't get it.

Because binary thinking is easy for lazy and/or stupid people. Take note of who uses those terms.

ESisback

Reaction score
For some reason, unknown to me, Dak has become a very polarizing player on this board.
I guess being the QB of the Cowboys is like being a lightning rod! LOL

The bigger you are, the more polarizing you are. More fans, more haters, and fighting over opinions is the new comfort food nowdays.