Why do you either have to be a Hater or Homer?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Answer (no Modification needed)

Whom are you, to tell me, how to post? Or why should I care how you perceive my posts?

Contemptuous and dismissive is how you would describe my posts...your opinion.

Other might find my posts disgusting, entertaining or useless.

Can I go to bed now?:muttley:

The bolded is the root of the issue.

The purpose of the forum is to discuss the Cowboys and the NFL, not to flex our egos.

The trick for you is to try and understand that someone saying "Dak sucks" is not the same as saying "Qcard sucks".

i.e. Don't tie your opinion to your ego.

fivetwos

Reaction score
There are things you can criticize Dak for but accuracy isn’t one of them. Never understood that talking point.
Accuracy is his biggest problem.

He is capable of making a perfect difficult throw, but also misses on short range/wide open.

He definitely isnt a thread the needle guy, and almost has to be lately since these WR can't seem to find their way apart from the DBs anymore.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are things you can criticize Dak for but accuracy isn’t one of them. Never understood that talking point.
Of course all QB's miss on occasion. For me...Dak has such specific misses....it's noticeable. Almost always low and/or behind. SOme sort of mechanics or confidence issue.

It is of course just my unprofessional opinion. People can come at me if they want.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think I have ever seen a player for any team I have followed as polarizing as Dak. He could have his own subsection here and it would be full of threads at all times. He gets mentioned in threads that have zero to do with him. There are people who have serious, unhealthy agendas against him where 90% of their posting history is geared to trashing him.

And the funny thing about it, many of those some people praise the QB before him like he was some god :muttley:
You are SERUOUSLY one sided here....jeeze dude.

We also have unhealthy agendas FOR him too. Setting unrealistic praise, then telling other peopel they aren;t real fans if they don;t see it the same way. "POLARIZING"...works BOTH ways...but you only oppose the one side of it. Polarizing.

Romo? Romo was a hero of sorts. Serious underdog who legitimately became a top qb of his day...among some dam good QB's. I guess they didn't have as unhealthy agenda AGAINST him as you would wish.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sports debates show do it, national news outlets do it, with them everything is either back or white. Debating from these standpoint give higher ratings but in actuality all matters are really just shades of gray.

The other thing with the sports debate shows and national news is that they hold on to their original position even when shown information to the contrary. For example I was not a Dak fan until the 2019 season, that's the year he became the a qb that could throw all the passes and threw for almost 5k yards and 30 tds. See with more info I changed my opinion.

Those two things happen here and that's why the conversation are not constructive. For the last couple of years I've been locked in to the Cowboys youtube community and supporting and contributing to them because they really do their research (all22, contacts) and the debate (callers) when there is one, leads to learning unlike on the Zone.

I still come back and check in here for breaking news but my visits have reduced about 95% since the Cowboys youtube community has grown. It's just more civil.
Thanks for the info, it's a shame we are driving members away with our narrowmindedness.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak Haters say stuff like Dak is not accurate even Troy Aikman has stated during games and media spots that Dakota is accurate and more...the Stats prove the point.

All QBs miss throws or have bad games!

How do you have a substantive debate with a Dak Hater?
When you just want to be right and not have the correct point of view, it's difficult! LOL

ESisback

Reaction score
The most detractors…in sports…
Cowboys
Patriots
Steelers
Lakers
Yankees
Celtics
Jordan
Brady
Rodgers
Lebron
Dodgers
Dak

Non sports…
McDonald’s
Beatles
Elvis
Kiss
Disney

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleRico

Reaction score
Of course all QB's miss on occasion. For me...Dak has such specific misses....it's noticeable. Almost always low and/or behind. SOme sort of mechanics or confidence issue.

It is of course just my unprofessional opinion. People can come at me if they want.
I just know he is usually up there in completion percentage and doesn’t throw a lot of interceptions. What you perceive as missed throws are him being careful with the football. He does miss some throws(Noah Brown in overtime) but all QBs do. I’ll take a high completion percentage and low interceptions all day over a few extra touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

I will say, since the calf strain he has been different but I think we take for granted how stable he is compared to other QBs. He might not have the highest ceiling but he definitely has a high floor you can win with.

He’s also terrific against the blitz which can’t be ignored.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I don't get it.

If you say anything positive about Dak you are labeled as Homer.
If you say anything negative about Dak you are a labeled as a Hater.

Why can't we as a Cowboy's fan who likes the boy's and their players just offer up
observations and critiques of Dak or the Cowboys without all the blow back ?
agree

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
A smart man should never argue with an idiot. Because passerbys won't know who's who. In other words, it takes an idiot to argue with an idiot. So when you argue with an idiot, you become an idiot.

Opinions vary. Two men can argue until the cows come home. And neither will ever get the other to change his opinion. So it's idiotic to argue with an idiot but it's also idiotic to try to change someone else's opinion.

Live and let live.
Believe as you may and let others believe as they may. Because nothing changes.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the problem here, is faceless internet and ego bravado. People....some people....just want to fight. In real life they might check themselves. But internet is all fair game.
So, they profile, assume (on thin evidence) and even change what you say.....just to fight, and claim themselves smarter. Faster. Stronger.....more in the know and a better fan.

Instead of finding what we agree on....people find a scab and just keep picking the bleeding wound. So they feel better about themselves.

For shame...but if you think I'm wrong....go for a drive in the car on a big city and you'll see the same thing. Selfish egoistic a holes.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I don't get it.

If you say anything positive about Dak you are labeled as Homer.
If you say anything negative about Dak you are a labeled as a Hater.

Why can't we as a Cowboy's fan who likes the boy's and their players just offer up
observations and critiques of Dak or the Cowboys without all the blow back ?

Something has clearly been wrong with Dak since the calf injury and I am very concerned.

If it does not get fixed before the playoffs we will be one and done.

Assuming we make the playoffs of course.

I think he is either still suffering from the calf injury or has another undisclosed injury.

I sure hope whatever the problem is, it can get corrected soon.

For the record I really like Dak as a person and player and hope he can get back to his old self.
Because their over used words. Most of the criticism is based on instant reaction, but there is some that is pure bias, but that does not make that person a, well you know what.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

The purpose of the forum is to discuss the Cowboys and the NFL, not to flex our egos.

The trick for you is to try and understand that someone saying "Dak sucks" is not the same as saying "Qcard sucks".

:clap:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yet, most posters are about egos here with their takes. Most people say "Dak sucks" to validate a outdated opinion they've had on him since 2016...rather than admit the truth their ego won't allow them to.