Why do you think no decision has been announced yet?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
But if he will be so coveted by other teams why not just mutually agree to part ways and let him look for employment elsewhere. While being thoughtful and kind to him, are you not hurting him at same time?

He is trying to get two #1's for him instead of a 1st and a 2nd.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But if he will be so coveted by other teams why not just mutually agree to part ways and let him look for employment elsewhere. While being thoughtful and kind to him, are you not hurting him at same time?
Isn't Jerry trying to prevent Garrett from going to a division rival and thereby exploit us?

links18

Reaction score
That 47 point outburst against the Skins has Jerry thinking that the ship is heading in the right direction. Forget that we only scored 9, when we needed just 20 the previous week.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Isn't Jerry trying to prevent Garrett from going to a division rival and thereby exploit us?

That would be a reasonable explanation at least in regard to the Giants to which there was at least some interest.

I don't understand all the white knuckling over this. I am pretty sure that Garrett is gone as the Head Coach. That is the key factor. Why we haven't interviewed anyone? Well, it could be that we are targeting one of the coaches that are in the College Bowl game. Not sure either would be a NFL fit but could be an explanation. Or that they are looking at a coach on a playoff team, either a head coach or a coordinator. There are lots of them still in play.

Could be that they already have someone signed, sealed and delivered and are just waiting for the appropriate time to share the news....you know, when it can steal thunder from another team or can dominate the news in a down period. You know Jerry always wants to make a splash.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My guess is that they're getting all the information out of Garrett as they can. His contract is up, it's not a situation where he's to be fired or not.
Well, that shouldn't have taken much time and, certainly not more than one meeting.

Sydla

Reaction score
I keep hitting the refresh button waiting for the "Twitter: Cowboys call afternoon press conference" post.................

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What information is there to get from him? Plus, unlike most owners, Jerry and Stephen are way more involved in team matters. They apparently attend coaches meetings, etc. So they probably know almost as much as Garrett knows.
There's a lot to discuss. There are exit interviews just like other jobs. You would be naive to assume different. It was even mentioned by the staff writers that JG was doing what he always has done at the end of the season.
Where did you hear they attend coaches meetings? Because it's been illustrated as the exact opposite.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well, that shouldn't have taken much time and, certainly not more than one meeting.
So what? It's his last season here, I wouldn't expect it to be the same. We is anyone to suggest it shouldn't take this much time?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be a reasonable explanation at least in regard to the Giants to which there was at least some interest.

I don't understand all the white knuckling over this. I am pretty sure that Garrett is gone as the Head Coach. That is the key factor. Why we haven't interviewed anyone? Well, it could be that we are targeting one of the coaches that are in the College Bowl game. Not sure either would be a NFL fit but could be an explanation. Or that they are looking at a coach on a playoff team, either a head coach or a coordinator. There are lots of them still in play.

Could be that they already have someone signed, sealed and delivered and are just waiting for the appropriate time to share the news....you know, when it can steal thunder from another team or can dominate the news in a down period. You know Jerry always wants to make a splash.
I tend to think the same thing. It's his MO anyway. He already knows who he wants and they have the principles all worked out. Just waiting to pull the trigger.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Despite all evidence to the contrary, I think Jerry vacillated in his decision until, well, today. He may have felt a bit guilty about forcing Moore as OC on Garrett.

Who knows. At the end of the day, it was most likely Jerry being Jerry.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Jerry still thinks the team deserves to be in the playoffs in spite of their record and has petitioned the league (with a 50 billion dollar check) to allow the Cowboys to go directly to the Super Bowl. Goodell is trying to figure out a way to make it happen.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So what? It's his last season here, I wouldn't expect it to be the same. We is anyone to suggest it shouldn't take this much time?
It seems I touched a nerve. That was not my intent. Like the majority of my comments on this forum, it was said in jest.

Being completely serious for a moment, what possible information could Garret bestow upon the Joneses that they don't already know (I could add, "after 10+ years of Garrett)?

Darkhound

Reaction score
My guess is that Garett somehow managed to totally JEDI MIND trick, convince or manipulate the Jones' (especially Jerry) that he is the man for the job. And they are doing all they can.. to find some other staff that will help and support Garrett... I have no idea what Garrett has done to deserve this patience. Every other coach since Jimmy has not had this kind of tolerance... and ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE NFL world or sports world agreed that Garrett is not a top notch coach... I REALLY REALLY dont know what the Jones's see in him... rather than love or appreciation...

I think they are running and every single last damn possibility to keep him in ANYWAY

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It seems I touched a nerve. That was not my intent. Like the majority of my comments on this forum, it was said in jest.

Being completely serious for a moment, what possible information could Garret bestow upon the Joneses that they don't already know (I could add, "after 10+ years of Garrett)?
Yeah, you didn't hit a nerve. You're fine. Agree to disagree.

Sydla

Reaction score

And somehow 31 other teams have been able to move on from their coaches without having exit meetings and drawn out processes where they glean information from the outgoing coaches.

This is just excuse making for the what is simply a bizarre process the Cowboys are using here (unless of course they are still trying to bring him back as coach, which then, this process makes a lot of sense).

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And somehow 31 other teams have been able to move on from their coaches without having exit meetings and drawn out processes where they glean information from the outgoing coaches.
What are you basing this on? You honest think all other teams don't conduct exit meetings?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I don’t get all this talk, Jerry wants to just let the contract run out so he doesn’t have to fire Garrett. Fired not resigned? What’s the difference, all the fans know you are not wanted anymore. Just release him from his contract and be done with this stupid drama show!

Jerry owes the fans closure on this issue, and when I say closure, I mean no Garrett as HC!!!!