Why Do You Visit This Site?

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Why am I here? Well let's see here.....

1. To possibly one day be able to decipher Melonfeud's cryptic writings.......
2. To watch the likes war between Trouty and the Likes Collector...
3. To count how many times in one night Ranching says that Garret sucks.....
4. To see how many times Putty can stick his foot in his mouth before a tavern member puts a foot up his butt....
5. To give Reality a hard time when he is caught sneaking into the bar....
6. To listen to great music and drink with friends like Maxdogg and the rest of Trouty's Tavern.
7. To get the latest updates on who will be the next suspended Cowboy before the season begins.
8. To prolong the agony of the 22 year drought before we are back to the good ole days of winning SBs again.
9. To see how many guys DaBoyz has wrapped around her finger before the next drunken brawl happens....
10. And lastly to have fun with friends and foes of like minds. There is quite a diverse group of people here that are mostly Cowboy fans.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ever since @waldoputty started a thread on Monday about favorite posters, I have been thinking about what compels me to read, comment and follow this site?

Aside from the obvious, a life-long Cowboy fan, I think first and foremost, I am here for the in-depth knowledge of the Cowboys and the NFL. I played college football for a couple of years back in the Southwest Conference days and, despite being a student of the game (euphemism for not actually having the talent to be a starter), my understanding of the game has been greatly enriched by this site. I appreciate the tidbits of information from those that attend a game in-person, from the running commentary during the game and from those that provide a postmortem review. We may not always agree, but I certainly enjoy the diversity of opinion.

Which brings me to a second reason I continue with this site: by and large, most are reasonable respectful of other's opinion. A good debate is an art and many on this site are really good at expressing their opinions. Unfortunately, many have either lost the skill of honest discourse or, sadly, never developed it. All too often social media is characterized by a view that says, "not only am I right, but you're stupid for having a contrary opinion". While some of that occurs on this site, I have generally found that most are passionately polite. And, I have found that many self-moderate the discussion.

My third reason for returning time and again is that this site is well moderated. I like the clear definitions of unacceptable behavior and appreciate the mods' consistency in managing the site. I can't recall a situation where a thread was closed without thinking that it was well deserved.

Lastly, I return to this site because of the many "characters" that post -- by and large, I find this site incredible entertaining and that is directly a function of the humor and humaneness that many of you inject into the conversation.

Why do you frequent this site?

hey sir, nice thread.
first, it was to get cowboys news
then it was to discuss cowboys and football
then it was to socialize with buddies on the site
it has become a part of life

waldoputty

Reaction score

4. To see how many times Putty can stick his foot in his mouth before a tavern member puts a foot up his butt....
6. To listen to great music and drink with friends like Maxdogg and the rest of Trouty's Tavern.
7. To get the latest updates on who will be the next suspended Cowboy before the season begins.
8. To prolong the agony of the 22 year drought before we are back to the good ole days of winning SBs again.
9. To see how many guys DaBoyz has wrapped around her finger before the next drunken brawl happens....
10. And lastly to have fun with friends and foes of like minds. There is quite a diverse group of people here that are mostly Cowboy fans.

so putty being talked about in such a negative light...
:cool:

dallasdave

Reaction score

Wow, that was a great post :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

lukin2006

Reaction score
The main reason, I'm Cowboy fan in Lion country, I need to get my fix of talking Cowboy football...not many Cowboy fans in my life other than here. The respect the posters have for each on this site is top notch. I learn more about X and O of the game every day by coming to this site. I visit another site regularly and that site borders stupid at times ... posters insulting people constantly ... and that is a bands website forums, so everyone has a common interest there as well. I think the mods do a great job on these forums ... so a big thanks to the mods for making this site such an enjoyable place to visit.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
For me, to socialize with the very, very many friends I have here. On any myriad of subjects. As the season draws nearer, I look forward to the many conversations I will have with the multitude of posters I call friends, as well as creating and cultivating new friendships with posters I haven't yet had the pleasure of forming a relationship with. There is no place like CZ.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
can we ever forget the romo forum on the old one. the vitriol was toxic. and after all the anti romo faction were banned from posting, the pro romo faction turned on ithemelves like a pack of hungry wolves.
Ah, I remember the Romo forum. Those were some crazies on both sides. One time in a stupid "OMG Romo is a Choker"-esque thread I said that I thought Romo was a top-15 QB and this other guy responded right away with "Oh really?? There's 14 better QBs than ROMO? Name them!!!". It's like, dude, I was making a point in defense of #9. You choose my post to get butthurt about? Lol. Good times.
Do you guys remember CowboyBragger?
He was another loose cannon.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Ah, I remember the Romo forum. Those were some crazies on both sides. One time in a stupid "OMG Romo is a Choker"-esque thread I said that I thought Romo was a top-15 QB and this other guy responded right away with "Oh really?? There's 14 better QBs than ROMO? Name them!!!". It's like, dude, I was making a point in defense of #9. You choose my post to get butthurt about? Lol. Good times.
Do you guys remember CowboyBragger?
He was another loose cannon.
CowboyBragger, AmericaCowboy, Casper,, they are all the same..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I greatly enjoy discussing my favorite team, first and foremost.

Other than that, it's a nice source of information and ideas. :)

Ah, I almost forgot to mention that it's a study in human nature.

Last edited:

MistyAnn

Reaction score
These days I come here to hear the latest news on Dez, but really feel at home posting here and hearing the news from the fans, I only go the Cowboys website to see schedules or photos from games, this is like a portal for me into Texas to hear the latest on the grapevine that doesn't get any mention on this side of the world.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I'm the cheetah following the pack. I'll pick out your weak and show them to you so you can take note. Some of you won't like it, but hopefully you respect what I'm doing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I posted on the scout message board for 16 years until it finally got so overrun by trolls and lacked any real moderation that it was just unbearable anymore.

So far I like posting on this site a lot. A good crew of posters here.

I just hope that Dak doesn’t let me down, play poorly, and make me have to change my username and start over again.