Why Does Everyone Hate Nickelback?

DZSierra

Reaction score
It is a freeing feeling when you get there. I can't pinpoint exactly when that happened, but probably sometime after after my 20s and got married.
The only downside when you get to the point where you don't care is if you're married, having your wife deal with what you're always wearing. Mine gave up a long time ago asking me "you're going out like that?" LOL

Luckily when it comes to music, I have a wide range of tastes going back to the 40's / 50's that I got from my father. We both kind of passed that down to my one boy. I think my 19 year old is the only kid with a playlist that inclues Perry Como, Glenn Miller, The Offspring and Rage agasint the Machine and everything in between. Not really a country music person myself, and it wasn't until I listened to Lecrae that I could get into Rap music. Don't own anything by Nickleback, but never thought they were horrible.

Funny when my boy got a record player from his grandfather and all of a sudden albums are now "cool". That said, we were talking about Springsteen and I explained when Trapped first came out on a 45, and other than a caliber, he had no clue what a 45 was.

Sooner or later everything becomes cool again except for Polka's... (and that was on my dad's playlist for his memorial service last year LOL).

Last edited:

DZSierra

Reaction score
Side note...

Never listened to Taylor Swifts music. Really don't care about her one way or another.

However, since I do like to watch the NFL on Sundays, due to all of Taylor's "news" in the NFL from everybody, I really can't stand the chick LOL

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This
Who cares what everyone else likes?

And even if it is "cookie-cutter"...again, who cares if you like it.
Just because something is original in no way makes it "good"

As for me.....uh, not really a Nickleback fan, but I don't "hate" them
:laugh:
Same here, don't really hate them, just not a fan, but gotta say I softened about Dave Matthews. Back in the day, living in Austin, a friend called me one morning and had an extra ticket to the Dave Matthews show that afternoon at the old Meadows, a huge outdoor venue. We got there late, it's packed and looking for a place to set our blankets and the other 3 decided to go get beers while I stayed on the side of the hill kinda looking for an open spot. This guy walks up to me wearing an official VIP badge around his neck and asked if I wanted to go up to the stage. Of course, I say yes if my friends can come, he says sure but gotta go now. I look around for them, but the guy is getting impatient and says gotta go now.

I finally see them a ways off, start jumping around, waving my arms for them to follow me and chase after the guy. My friends finally catch up, asking where we're going and told them we got a space in front of the stage and they're freaking out. There's a roped off section right in front of the stage and we go towards security and they give us wristbands and the guy says "Enjoy the show" My friend says, "Guess we called the right friend for that extra ticket." and asked if I knew the guy and told them nope, just a total random encounter.

I stood the whole show, literally with my elbows resting on the stage and it was a pretty good show, I can never talk bad about Dave Matthews after that experience, it was a lotta fun.