Why does no one assume that maybe free agents don't want to come here?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why has that not crossed anyone’s mind? Why would anyone come here not knowing who the QB is for next year or the coach is? Never mind the front office is cheap. Why would any first wave free agents be apart of this circus? Or is it zoo?
Why would they? We are not serious about winning. They only other reason would be to get paid and we don't want to pay anyone.

So we will end up with the leftovers and blame the QB at the end of the season.

Cowboys fans need to just adjust their mindset and view winning the Division as our SB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hahaha look at you blaming everyone but the FO for waiting for agents and players to make the call to them.

The reason by the way we believe that players want to play here is because our owner and front office brag incessantly about how great playing for the cowboys is and how players always want to come here.

Couple that with ex players and current players constantly saying they would love to play for Dallas.

It’s ok to say bad things about the FO by the way. They don’t read this board.
Your lack of comprehension pisses me off and I don’t know why I let it because it’s not your fault. Now how in the hell is me saying no one wants to play for this front office a compliment to this front office?

Swanny

Reaction score
Rightfully so. But I think the issue is bigger than money. I think a lot of Cowboys fans think people will come here just because we are the Cowboys. But to players who weren't even alive when the Cowboys were winning rings or barely born? Being a Cowboy means NOTHING.
Being a__________(insert any team name) means NOTHING. It's about money.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why has that not crossed anyone’s mind? Why would anyone come here not knowing who the QB is for next year or the coach is? Never mind the front office is cheap. Why would any first wave free agents be apart of this circus? Or is it zoo?
The only time players talk about the "zoo factor" is after they are gone. When they are here, they full participate and love it. I mean I agree with what they are saying but it loses value when the only time its brought up is after Dallas didn't want to re-sign them.

Players go where the money is. If Dallas was to line up and offer these guys the most money, they'd sign immediately. Fans care more about the wins and losses. The players care about securing the most income they can for the short careers they have. Winning is cool for sure but secondary to their goals. Also, coming to Dallas immediately equals primetime games and huge ratings. Sponsorship galore just for being a Cowboys player.

Your point would be correct if players took less money to go elsewhere or choosing another team other than us when the money was the same. But we are never in the bid for any of these guys. Not serious bids, at least.

shabazz

Reaction score
If the money is the same, any player that wants to win a Championship will choose quite a few teams over the Cowboys.

Now. If a players goal is to cruise to retirement and not be held accountable, I believe the Cowboys would be on top of his list.. .if the money is equal of course

conner01

Reaction score
Since they haven’t reached out to any free agents we wouldn’t know