Why has the offense gone so far down hill?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Personally I think Dak is clearly better than Rush.

With that said, I hope that everyone from Dak to McCarthy and Kellen have learned a lesson here. If the team doesn't hang the defense out to dry, the defense is fantastic and can win you games. Dallas needs to not make stupid mistakes, no turnovers and hold the ball. Eventually they will score. I hope to see more of rookie year Dak where he protected the ball and drove the bus with a lot more snaps under center to set up play action or to just give the RB more room to run.

I would rather see the team win games 24-10 with Dak than lose them 35-31. There is no reason to take most of your snaps out of shotgun and pass it virtually every down . . . even if you get behind.
You're literally making the case for keeping Cooper Rush in there. He's doing exactly exactly you want Dak to do

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The defense is significantly better this season and has carried the majority of the production. Rush can't and doesn't have to be leaned on. That is directly related to Prescott not playing. The data proves Dak runs a better offense. Usually, THAT is what won games. Now we have a defense that can as well.
Could be scary upon Daks return as well as Smith, Peters, etc

Nice post.

I appreciate the way you gather your input before you output.

Reactions: G2

bigE79

Reaction score
We were a top three offense last year. Now we’re what, 26th? Amari Cooper doesn’t make THAT MUCH difference, but when you add the loss of Tyron Smith, Dak being out the last four weeks, and Gallup missing the first couple of games, is that enough?

So when Dak and Peters and Washington all come back, how much difference will it make?
Well we started the season scoring 3 points with dak,I think our average has actually went up under cooper.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
We were a top three offense last year. Now we’re what, 26th? Amari Cooper doesn’t make THAT MUCH difference, but when you add the loss of Tyron Smith, Dak being out the last four weeks, and Gallup missing the first couple of games, is that enough?

So when Dak and Peters and Washington all come back, how much difference will it make?

The intelligence of the average cowboys fan is dumb and dumber. IE this poster.
Dak is a 3 and out king. Gives our D no time to rest. Look what happened in week 1. Dak only puts up decent numbers against trash teams or when we are down by 30. Do you guys actually watch the game or just daks behind ???
Now we run, control the clock. Give our D time to rest. Which then allows them to play as they are . If Dakota comes back, and that’s a big if. Watch. He’s a 3 and out king. Incomplete passing choker. Who takes no time off the clock in an uptempo offense. Killing our D , especially in the 4th as they are tired as hell. This new generation of ADD kids have no clue what real football is. **** with Dak being back talk. Good riddance

doomsday9084

Reaction score
You're literally making the case for keeping Cooper Rush in there. He's doing exactly exactly you want Dak to do

I think Dak is overpaid but still a better QB than Rush. Rush has a 93 passer rating and really isn't that mobile. Dak had a 104 passer rating as a bus driving rookie.

IMO, you are going to get better production out of Dak and that will lead to more possession and a few more points. The team just needs to simplify things for him and also keep a leash on him trying to make plays down the field. That just isn't him.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak is a 3 and out king. Gives our D no time to rest. Look what happened in week 1. Dak only puts up decent numbers against trash teams or when we are down by 30. Do you guys actually watch the game or just daks behind ???
Now we run, control the clock. Give our D time to rest. Which then allows them to play as they are . If Dakota comes back, and that’s a big if. Watch. He’s a 3 and out king. Incomplete passing choker. Who takes no time off the clock in an uptempo offense. Killing our D , especially in the 4th as they are tired as hell. This new generation of ADD kids have no clue what real football is. **** with Dak being back talk. Good riddance

I think this aspect of the defensive excellence isn't discussed enough. The offense was regularly hanging the defense out to dry at times. This is a good point and observation.

The pressure is going to be on Dak when he returns. He has to take the simple pass and hit the receiver. If he throws into triple coverage and gets turnovers or just misses open people, his *** is grass and I suspect he won't be a Cowboy next year. That said, he has shown that he can run a simplified run oriented offense in the past and done better with it than Cooper is doing.

Edit add: Just to be clear, if the defense gets worse, the protection gets worse and the running game gets worse when Dak gets back . . . its Dak's fault. A QB isn't supposed to make the people around him look worse and I think that when KM puts too much on Dak, he does exactly that.

ESisback

Reaction score

Another self proclaimed genius. So credible!

I’m just a passionate fan, Mr. guru guy, not a highly paid professional analyst. But you go ahead and pat yourself on the back and insult people. Shows everyone what you really are.

rambo2

Reaction score

The offense is down because they are playing with the backup qb.