Why hasn't McCarthy been fired yet?

CWR

Reaction score
The Fan 105.3 is going to talk in about 3 minutes concerning David Moore’s DMN article out this morning…they are afraid that David is acting as a mouthpiece for Booger, and is getting us used to the idea of the conman returning…I thought the same EXACT thing after reading the article an hour ago…things are going to be really ugly next year…NOTHING to hang ANY hope on…sorry to send the bad news, but I think it’s coming.
No point in even watching next year. It'll be the same nonsense and we'll make the playoffs in a trash division. Then we will show up completely and entirely unprepared, as well as hungover.

CWR

Reaction score
I actually think Booger is waiting to see what Philly does….if they keep the Doosh, then I think we are in trouble…if he is fired, we may have a prayer. If Philly fires a coach who just went to the Super Bowl, and we hang onto the conman, the optics will look terrible!
The problem with that is if there is any self awareness in Philly management is evaluating how meddlesome they were this year and how they fractured the team. That may possibly buy Sirianni another season.

Diverdown

Reaction score
In order of preference for me of moves that I'd like to see made...

1) Quinn moves on
2) Draft/acquire Dak's replacement
3) Fire McCarthy

Quinn was outcoached in a few big games this season, and I don't see anything fantastic in his scheme's. The players seem to love him from all accounts, and he did turn the unit around from one of the worst in the league. If we didn't have Micah though, who is indeed a game change, what would we really be seeing from this defense?

I'd like to see a higher round draft choice used on QB in this draft. It takes a few years to get a QB going and we need to start. Dak wilts too many times in big games when something is on the line whether it be regular season or playoffs. There's a look he has in his eyes, and body movements, when we pretty much know we're done for. I saw it very early in the GB game, and I know you guys did too. It was there in last season's and this season's SF game, and in the Bills game, all very meaningful games. Really good athlete that doesn't have high football IQ, takes bad sacks when he could throw away the ball, etc..... I could go on.

On McCarthy I'm on the fence really. One year of his offense system and we saw some really great numbers and results (sans the running the game, but I think that's OL related and I'd love to see a high pick on the center position). We've only seen it for one year also, and it typically take a couple to really get a new scheme going. That being said, there's some intriguing names out there for HC. Belichick, Harbaugh, Carroll.... all I would take above McCarthy, but we wouldn't be assured we'd get any of them.

Also........ Wink Martindale for DC anyone? I think it's an interesting name.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure of any McCarthy, Quinn, etc., firing but it will be for maximum publicity like all Jones' major moves. He has always been very proactive in diverting any media coverage from other teams that should have the spotlight.

Majic

Reaction score
First Question that needs to be answered:

Will Jerry fire Quinn?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Regarding McCarty as HC? When Jerry announced Garrett was not gonna return as HC, it took him one week to announce that decision. I don't see why it would take any longer with McCarthy, you have to figure the FO had this conversation in the offseason on different scenarios that McCarthy wouldn't come back

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy won't ever be fired by the Cowboys. He'll coach out the last year of his contract and that will be the end for him.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A tweak here, a small addition there and it's SB ......

That's the arrogance of this franchise.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Why hasn’t this doofus been fired yet? There’s a lot of really good to great coaches available right now. This absolutely HAS to be done. What is Jerrah waiting on??
lol when has Jerry ever made a good football decision after hiring Jimmy in 1989? Jerry will be running it back because you know Mike has done a good job beating up on bad teams and keeping the Cowboys relevant enough to keep raking in the billions.

FoxF

Reaction score
I know I am still upset about this loss, but I just can’t imagine going another year with this fraud coaching staff and watching this team play. I am sure by the time next season rolls around I will feel differently and watch the games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I expect MM to finish out his contract next year.

Last edited:

Surfguy

Reaction score
Jerry’s big move was the speech about how we have to win cause we’re the Dallas Cowboys. Translation: more losing.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The problem with that is if there is any self awareness in Philly management is evaluating how meddlesome they were this year and how they fractured the team. That may possibly buy Sirianni another season.
If Philadelphia moves on from their head coach no way Jerry Jones puts himself in a situation where he pursues a head coach and the candidate chooses any other team, least of all Philadelphia. That would be a reflection on JJ. If Sirianni goes, McCarthy stays.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What evidence do we have that JJ has changed or questioned himself? He already believes he and #1 son are one of the best front office duos in the league. He’s been fooling himself and fans for three decades. (Including me, lol)

Sadly, I will be shocked if Jerry makes a change at HC. I fully expect a smiling Jerry, Giggles and Big Mac seated on the podium at “Ox-nerd” this July while Jerry sells another dream to millions. All it will take is some cosmetic moves, some draft picks and what Jerry does best: Selling it all to fans.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak didn’t play well, but when literally all 53 men on the roster don’t show and zero adjustments are made that’s all on coaching
Even if Dak played well, we probably still lose that game. He's not Kurt Warner. For whatever reason, Dak and the entire offense craps the bed when down by two scores.