Why hasn't McCarthy been fired yet?

CWR

Reaction score
What evidence do we have that JJ has changed or questioned himself? He already believes he and #1 son are one of the best front office duos in the league. He’s been fooling himself and fans for three decades. (Including me, lol)

Sadly, I will be shocked if Jerry makes a change at HC. I fully expect a smiling Jerry, Giggles and Big Mac seated on the podium at “Ox-nerd” this July while Jerry sells another dream to millions. All it will take is some cosmetic moves, some draft picks and what Jerry does best: Selling it all to fans.
Yeah I hate to be negative, and ignore all the evidence for change, but I think you're right. I'd be suprised if we get more than a house cleaning of assistant coaches.

This is really the ultimate revelation that he cares more about not sucking than winning a championship. He's not willing to risk down seasons. It's that or he's completely delusional. There's no other explanation. You can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. All of our last 3 years playoff endings have looked the same.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What evidence do we have that JJ has changed or questioned himself? He already believes he and #1 son are one of the best front office duos in the league. He’s been fooling himself and fans for three decades. (Including me, lol)

Sadly, I will be shocked if Jerry makes a change at HC. I fully expect a smiling Jerry, Giggles and Big Mac seated on the podium at “Ox-nerd” this July while Jerry sells another dream to millions. All it will take is some cosmetic moves, some draft picks and what Jerry does best: Selling it all to fans.
Doesn’t look like it. Jethro still hasn’t spoken.

David Moore column pretty well sums it up. Unfortunately I can’t share . But fans should look it up. DMN is a paid site but maybe they can see on MSN.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I hate to be negative, and ignore all the evidence for change, but I think you're right. I'd be suprised if we get more than a house cleaning of assistant coaches.

This is really the ultimate revelation that he cares more about not sucking than winning a championship. He's not willing to risk down seasons. It's that or he's completely delusional. There's no other explanation. You can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. All of our last 3 years playoff endings have looked the same.
I agree.

When there is no accountability at the top, a scape goat system exists. Fire some coaches with no real power (maybe even some players) and imply that they were the problem, NOT the people at the top.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and Mike will talk on Thursday and Jerry's decision on Mike will be announced shortly after that. I doubt Jerry fires Mike. Jerry is too old to think he will live long enough to see another rebuilding effort mature to the point it can be expected to win a Super Bowl. Jerry wants to win now, which means keeping McCarthy and his staff together for another season. Dan Quinn will be the sacrificial lamb for the sake of change. He would have probably been moving on anyway.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry and Mike will talk on Thursday and Jerry's decision on Mike will be announced shortly after that. I doubt Jerry fires Mike. Jerry is too old to think he will live long enough to see another rebuilding effort mature to the point it can be expected to win a Super Bowl. Jerry wants to win now, which means keeping McCarthy and his staff together for another season. Dan Quinn will be the sacrificial lamb for the sake of change. He would have probably been moving on anyway.
Joe I think that’s a pretty accurate description of what will happen. I hope I’m wrong. But I don’t expect any major changes.

zeke21

Reaction score
I don't see Jerry making any changes. He thinks they are close.. the statistics tell him that we are close.. we all clearly feel we are close or we wouldn't be taking this latest failure so hard..

I just don't think Jerry has the guts to make the call. I hope I'm wrong.

I think MM and Dak have to go. I think DQ will leave but I would actually be happy to keep him.. yes the defence sucked but they improved overall from previous seasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Basically if we are intent on resigning Prescott then we are most likely going to keep MM at least one more season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The changes will come in several players releases .

And possibly some asst coaching changes.

Most of all Quinn is gone. So we will need a new DC .

stiletto

Reaction score
Nothing will happen. MM has one year left and will let him play it out just like Garrett. They'll probably extend Dak to get his cap number down. It will be Groundhog Day for us next season.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Remember all year we wanted DQ to stay and said back up the Yacht to pay him anything to stay? Now that DQ has utterly failed this franchise, if JJ was still high on him and afraid to lose him, MM would have been turfed already and offer the job to DQ. It is pretty clear Jerry knows DQ is going somewhere, so maybe he's waiting to figure out what to do if MM gets sent his walkkng papers? Harbaugh wouldn't even take a phone call from Jerry, and the two candidates (BB and Vrabel..Tomlin isn't one anymore) are Defensive coaches, so he would also need a new OC. Now this is the rational thinking and we know the Jones' don't think like this, however....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The running back coach or some coach on defense will be fired, and we will be back on the Super Bowl hunt. Jerry said if you don't like it, find another team.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember all year we wanted DQ to stay and said back up the Yacht to pay him anything to stay? Now that DQ has utterly failed this franchise, if JJ was still high on him and afraid to lose him, MM would have been turfed already and offer the job to DQ. It is pretty clear Jerry knows DQ is going somewhere, so maybe he's waiting to figure out what to do if MM gets sent his walkkng papers? Harbaugh wouldn't even take a phone call from Jerry, and the two candidates (BB and Vrabel..Tomlin isn't one anymore) are Defensive coaches, so he would also need a new OC. Now this is the rational thinking and we know the Jones' don't think like this, however....
Regarding Mike Tomlin. He’s still under contract for one more year in Pitts. Tomlin would never agree to come here when he’s had two decades coaching in an organization where he has complete authority over his players.

stinkface

Reaction score
They let Jason stay until his contract expired and then said bye bye. Jerry doesn't like to pay millions for a coach he fired. Besides, MM did a decent job with Dak. Dak really sucked last year. This year he played pretty well until he crapped the bed in the playoffs.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

Because what McCarthy has shown thus far in Dallas absolutely points to us winning now.

Jerry is dumb, stubborn and naive.

Sydla

Reaction score
The running back coach or some coach on defense will be fired, and we will be back on the Super Bowl hunt. Jerry said if you don't like it, find another team.
I am coming around to the deck chair shuffling on the Titanic offseason plan from Jerry.

I honestly thought, right after the blow out Sunday, we had a chance to dump McCarthy. I don't believe that to be the case anymore.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I am coming around to the deck chair shuffling on the Titanic offseason plan from Jerry.

I honestly thought, right after the blow out Sunday, we had a chance to dump McCarthy. I don't believe that to be the case anymore.
Its not happening, all the losers will be back. Quinn will be back too.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Regarding Mike Tomlin. He’s still under contract for one more year in Pitts. Tomlin would never agree to come here when he’s had two decades coaching in an organization where he has complete authority over his players.
exactly, and he declared yesterday he is coming back which put to rest any rumour of him coming here via trade or mutual BB/Kraft parting