Why hasn't Zeke been picked up yet?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More of the deep in-depth analysis I've come to expect here. :rolleyes:

If you want to have some fun go compare Zeke's 7th year numbers to Emmitt's 7th year numbers.

The big difference is Emmitt played with a championship team and Zeke played with Dak Prescott and some jersey sellers.
This dude can’t see Zeke is washed and he’s talking about analysis and junk lolololol

Zeke started his career with 3 all-pros on the line, but let’s pretend he was just as great as Emmitt instead.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
he's going to get a decent contract which will be above the veteran min...id bet he gets a 2 - 3 year deal. He can still be a hammer to the nail which teams do value, just not a breaker.

His name and reputation alone are enough for him to at least get a respectable contract (better than vet min)
If he gets signed, it will be one year for maybe 2 to 3 million with incentives.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50PaB9Z.gif
Hah-hah..that's good work!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith certainly wasn't the same back after the 1995 season, but the difference here is Zeke has had 3 sub par seasons in a row and he's just looking worse each season.
Played injured the last two years. And a very stupid scheme by KM.

Get healthy..play with a not-pretend OC...he still has value.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should he be in any hurry to sign with any team?
Thats simple. The longer free agency goes on, the less money teams have to spend. So, the offers get smaller. Zeke, if he gets a contract offer at all, is looking at something around the vet minimum. He might choose not to play.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Played injured the last two years. And a very stupid scheme by KM.

Get healthy..play with a not-pretend OC...he still has value.
He was so injured that he played in a meaningless Week 18 game against the Eagles practice squad in 2021 just to get over 1,000 yards for the season when our playoff position was already locked up. As soon as he passed 1,000 yards after his 18 carries, the 3rd most he had in a game that season, he came out.

He wasn't injured. He was just washed. Stop the false narratives.

tunahelper

Reaction score
..you think, he would be snagged by now. To early? Or am I missing something?
I think his role or wage for limited role will be his biggest issues. Now when he says feed me he is begging for a backup RB position for a new team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
why? The answer is clear. His legs are gone. His speed is way in the rear view. Guys like that are a dime a dozen. My hunch is he retires.

T-RO

Reaction score
...id bet he gets a 2 - 3 year deal. He can still be a hammer to the nail which teams do value, just not a breaker.

His name and reputation alone are enough for him to at least get a respectable contract (better than vet min)
More of the deep in-depth analysis I've come to expect here. :rolleyes:

If you want to have some fun go compare Zeke's 7th year numbers to Emmitt's 7th year numbers.

The big difference is Emmitt played with a championship team and Zeke played with Dak Prescott and some jersey sellers.

What is this post...some sort of fondue gone bad?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
..you think, he would be snagged by now. To early? Or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. Teams will wait and see what they can get in the draft. If they don't like it they will call Zeke. They are also hoping that they can wait veteran guys out to the point that they will sign for pocket change. Not rocket surgery.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Moore was part of that 1.4 difference and his play calls.

Fascinating how many people refuse to accept this simple reality. If I'm not mistaken Zeke had more than double Pollard's goal line and short yardage carries. That sorta thing hurts the average. It is what it is.. He didn't complain he just went out and did what was asked of him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Because our local experts think it matters.
Yeah a guy with 60 million in the bank should be desperate to latch on with the first chick that smiles at him. The fact of the matter is Zeke and his agent could already have a handshake deal with any number of teams INCLUDING the Cowboys. Once the dust settles he could ink a deal for a couple mil a year to be somebody's power back and that will be that. I bet Buffalo would love to have somebody in there who could take those short yardage and goal line carries off their QB..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Thats simple. The longer free agency goes on, the less money teams have to spend. So, the offers get smaller. Zeke, if he gets a contract offer at all, is looking at something around the vet minimum. He might choose not to play.

Zeke has made his money and he lives in a relatively modest house up in Frisco.. meaning he is not one of those guys who has squandered his money on crapola. His parents keep him pretty well grounded in that department. Long story short, Zeke doesn't need money as such money will only play a tiny role in whether he signs or with what team. It's going to be about opportunity to play and have a chance to win. No more complicated than that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
why is Bobby Wagner still has not been picked up? No doubt he will find a home in the league as will Zeke.