Why I believe the Cowboys will win the East

reddyuta

Reaction score
the only thing stoping us frim winning the NFCE is injuries to the starting tackles,the offense will put up enough points to win a lot of games.I only wish we had better backups to Tyron and Collins.

visionary

Reaction score
apart of me would hate that

another part of me would love to see McCarthy have to experience that as payback for 14.

LOL
what cowboys fans would not want a SB just to get some revenge points

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Only a healthy Eagles team can compete, and they are losing bodies every other day it seems. We win.

MikeB80

Reaction score
LOL
what cowboys fans would not want a SB just to get some revenge points

just saying. The pain that 14 game caused will last forever. I wish McCarthy came back in washington so I never had to root for him and could enjoy watching him lose.

oh and by the way this place has been filled with "I hope we lose big this year so that Garrett gets fired" for the last 3 years so please unclutch your pearls.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We will win the East simply because we are the best team in the East.

Eagles - players dropping like flies, headed to a contract dispute with their premier OL, but still going to be a tough out. They are really the only other team in the East that could win it, it's a 2 team division right now

Washington - They are still a few years away from seriously competing but that DL is impressive

Giants- While I think they will be very improved over last year, they are an 8-8 team at best this year.

We are headed into the Season and it is really our division to lose. As long as they don't crap the bed like they did last year down the stretch, we should be good to go.

Peters is an old depth player. They have two premiere players on the offensive line, Kelce and Lane Johnson. They have what looks like a damn solid team. They have shown they can get by with backup players in the past.

I honestly have no idea what washington is or will be. I try and sit and read about them but its never about football and honestly they are really boring. Like boring to the point of I don't even consider them at all. having said that it will probably be a good thing once football starts for them. I am a fan of Ron Rivera and think he is a good coach.

The giants will be good on offense and probably really bad on defense. I imagine their special teams will be good. probably as always a hard game when we play them but they could get off to a really slow start. They could be looking at an 0 for september.

cern

Reaction score
Oh, so now you are shooting the pet ones with collars on and foreign visitors as well? I hope you had the decency to send the tag and a note to the owners in Europe.
Who would have thought pet shop birds would have escaped and multiplied to such numbers that they're now hunted alongside native birds. 50% larger and just as tasty. Dfw even has a huge population of quackers, pet shop parrots that now number in huge flocks.

RS12

Reaction score
Who cares. Wake me when they get past the division round.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I personally do not hold much of that against McCarthy himself, and her's why. That year's success also directly coincided with a vastly improved defense. One improved by a new GM making agressive signings, something that NEVER occurred under McCarthy's tenure with Ted Thompson.

Exactly. McCarthy had watched his talent erode on both sides of the ball for years. Thompson, their GM, simply would not go out and get any significant free agent to help, which is okay if you’re knocking the draft out of the park, but his drafting was putrid for the last few years of his tenure. Terrible team building.

Like you mentioned, their defense was among the most talent poor units in the league. They had gotten old and lacked talent everywhere on that side of the ball. Aaron simply couldn’t outscore the other team.

And I’m not leaving the offense out of the picture either. They lacked talent everywhere.

But we also shouldn’t forget that Green Bay was also the luckies team in football last year. I heard on Fox Sports Radio a few days ago (I think it was Bucky Brooks) predicting a fall in the rankings for the Pack because they won so many games when they shouldn’t have. I think he said that GB was out scored on the season by over 100 points and won several games that were decided by 3 points or less. There were other stats showing that they should’ve lost more games than they did but I honestly can’t remember them.

McCarthy’s record in his last couple of seasons in GB had a lot to do with needing help everywhere.

But I’m not saying they messed up by firing MM... I do think it was time for him to go and to bring in new coaches there. After what, 13 years as the head coach, things had gotten stale there for Mike. I don’t think the team was listening to him like they once did. The rest of the NFC North had caught up to his schemes and, once the team started to sense that his time in GB was short, he started to lose the team.

It didn’t help that his QB was undermining his play calling in front of the rest of the team.

Anyway, no, I do not expect GB to win as many games this year. I don’t think they’ll be nearly as lucky with the way the ball bounces.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dallas should win the east, but I dont think the east is weak this year.
Every Div has their weak teams, but they often beat the strong teams, like miami did NE last year.
Phil is not weak, Dallas should be better, but have to wait and see on that.
Wash and NY have been 4 wins for dallas the last few years, so if that happens again it will help dallas win the div.
If those 2 could manage 1 win each, it could derail Dallas winning div. Unless they do the same to phil.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
They totally underachieved last year. Why?

1. Better special teams. We were dead last in 2019. Everything points up from here.

2. No Brett Maher.

3. The best special teams coach in the NFL. Do I need to say more?

4. No Garrett to hold back the offense. Seriously, took the rug under Kellen Moore's playcalling.

5. A new coach on retaining the offense with a few wrinkles.

6. A new coach with authority. Not a puppet on a string like Garrett.

7. Ceedee Laaaaaammbbb!!

8. Zeke Elliott and Pollard

9. No more Witten and his propensity to catch the ball short of the first down.

10. Blake Jarwin down the seam for big plays.

11. A real space eater - Dontarie Poe

12. A better pass rush (Griffen, Aldon Smith and an improve Tristen Hill)

13. Love me some LVE. Welcome back.

14. A defense that more bent on takeaways rather than bend but always breaking.

15. No more Heath!! But not really much improvement there.

16. No more Marinelli to draft projects on the first day of the draft.

17. All around better coaching.

18. Coaches letting the players use their skills.

19. No more stacking good days with good days. Just sick of it.

20. Finally a real coach that knows how to coach.

21. Jerry stepping out of the way.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
They need to control the clock.

Keep that defense on the sidelines and limit the other teams scoring opportunities.

Also....red zone...no more constant MFG or even many attempts.

Do those two things (which are easier said than done) and they have a chance to go deep into the playoffs.

The idea of not even APPEARING in an NFC title game in 25 years is embarrassing and needs to be shaken. That's Browns and Lions territory.

Keep the defense off the field? Are you kidding that defense this year will swallow offences. Our pass rush will be ferocious. The LB’s are studs, and we have ball hawks in the secondary. Gone are the days of giving receiver 15 yard cushion and calling video vanilla plays over and over on D.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The difference in head coaching talent, ability, and, the key, the ability to strategize will become very apparent even to those that couldn’t understand that Garrett was woefully underprepared for the job.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
They totally underachieved last year. Why?

1. Better special teams. We were dead last in 2019. Everything points up from here.

2. No Brett Maher.

3. The best special teams coach in the NFL. Do I need to say more?

4. No Garrett to hold back the offense. Seriously, took the rug under Kellen Moore's playcalling.

5. A new coach on retaining the offense with a few wrinkles.

6. A new coach with authority. Not a puppet on a string like Garrett.

7. Ceedee Laaaaaammbbb!!

8. Zeke Elliott and Pollard

9. No more Witten and his propensity to catch the ball short of the first down.

10. Blake Jarwin down the seam for big plays.

11. A real space eater - Dontarie Poe

12. A better pass rush (Griffen, Aldon Smith and an improve Tristen Hill)

13. Love me some LVE. Welcome back.

14. A defense that more bent on takeaways rather than bend but always breaking.

15. No more Heath!! But not really much improvement there.

16. No more Marinelli to draft projects on the first day of the draft.

17. All around better coaching.

18. Coaches letting the players use their skills.

19. No more stacking good days with good days. Just sick of it.

20. Finally a real coach that knows how to coach.

21. Jerry stepping out of the way.
4. The New Orleans game couldn’t have illustrated that point any better. That had Garrett’s fingerprints all over it. Ge simply wasn’t a good coach.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let's start with the Curse of the Repeat. No team has won it back to back in 16 years and 16 years is a long time, especially if you just got your driver's license.

Let's add that the last 3 coaching changes resulted in the playoffs in that new HC's first year.

But that's not why they will win the East. This is all about redemption.

Whether you buy into the Cowboys were the most talented team or not, and I do not, I do believe they were the most underachieving team based on their talent. They may have liked their HC but not enough to redeem him. He was not the kind of guy that invited that from players.

Last year's players have been conveniently given the excuse that it was the coaching staff but in order to prove that correct, they must achieve this season. They perform and all fingers continue to point at the coaching staff. They don't and the ?'s turn toward them.

Couple this with they have THE HC in the NFL is need of redemption after getting fired and a first year HC taking his team to the NFCCG with the QB rumored to be the reason he was fired. Think about how seeing that smug QB, already rumored to be having some difficulty with his new HC, all season long while you sit at home unemployed. He's buying a 20M Malibu home with his then girlfriend while you wonder about your future.

The former HC was more like management, the enemy, and this new HC is more like them. He's got a great genuine smile, a blue collar attitude and the type coach a player wants to play his best for because he's pulling for him.

You can't tell me that having a coach under fire and rumors running rampant that as a player you are going to give your all for that guy when the chips are down. Where's the connection with a guy that's part of the Jones family and an Ivy Leaguer and a guy still in training? When did you ever hear of players from other teams calling out the opposing coach for incompetence? Well, they never heard that in the media either.

The perfect storm is in place and the stars aligned because a team in need of redemption got the HC they wanted and the connection was immediate if for no other reason than the common goal they share. They can and will redeem each other, they will win the East, belief will be re-instilled in them and they will play up to potential. How far that can take them is anyone's guess but they will win the East.

Rah-rum!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Because the rest of the East is garbage and Dallas is completely loaded on offense, outside their mediocre QB with the rest of the currently mediocre QBs in the NFC East, who would look a lot better in this Cowboys offense than our mediocre QB?

Go watch another team.

visionary

Reaction score
just saying. The pain that 14 game caused will last forever. I wish McCarthy came back in washington so I never had to root for him and could enjoy watching him lose.

oh and by the way this place has been filled with "I hope we lose big this year so that Garrett gets fired" for the last 3 years so please unclutch your pearls.

LOL that some fans hoping they lose a regular season game to get a 10 year proven failure fired is even remotely similar to hoping we miss out on the opportunity to win a SB to “get back” at a new HC of the Cowboys

your statement was totally asinine

:facepalm::facepalm: