Why I believe the Cowboys will win the East

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
We will win the East because we're that damn good:flagwave:

Heck yeah!

- Aldon Smith comeback player of the year with 15 sacks
- Doomsday Defense #3 (1977, 1992, 2020)
- Trevon Diggs leads the team in interceptions, LVE in tackles and stays healthy for all 16 games plus the post season
- Dak throws for 4800 yards, 40+ touchdowns and less than 15 interceptions.
- Zeke Elliott shows off his ability as not just a runner but a pass-catcher, and tens of thousands wish they picked him first in their fantasy drafts
- Blake Jarwin shows us that Witten left one year too late, catching 100 balls with 13 touchdowns
- The “Big Three”, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, strike fear into the heart of defensive coordinators
- Did I mention that Lamb wins rookie of the year?

NFCCG: Cowboys 31, Bucs 21
Super Bowl: Cowboys 52, Titans 17

I’m drinking the kool-aid!!!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We’ll win the East because we’re the most talented team in the division. Now we actually have the coaching to go with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which every other HC is hired under. When they bust, they get busted. Which is why there is 20-25% turnover at that position every year.

I'd like to know where Booger placed the jettison button for McC. Does he get 4-5 years if there's no Big Dance?

I still think Riley is in the picture for the future. He's a good coach and has the type personality that would get along with the Joneses. I really don't think he put himself in the game this last off season, he has unfinished business at OU and no OU HC worth his salt doesn't win a national championship before leaving.
I can’t imagine he’d get 4-5 years with no more success than Garrett had. This isn’t a rebuilding position. I think the coaching carousal will continue spinning now.

I never bought into Riley coming . He could be eternally secure at OU. NFL isn’t the more popular gig it used to be . Big programs like OU are more attractive . I think Moore has a better shot assuming we don’t lose him before that.

And it’s hard to say how good of a coach Riley is. He gets the cream of the crop in recruits at OU and barely got by Baylor then doesn’t fare very well in the playoffs. Usually one and done.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t imagine he’d get 4-5 years with no more success than Garrett had. This isn’t a rebuilding position. I think the coaching carousal will continue spinning now.

I never bought into Riley coming . He could be eternally secure at OU. NFL isn’t the more popular gig it used to be . Big programs like OU are more attractive . I think Moore has a better shot assuming we don’t lose him before that.

And it’s hard to say how good of a coach Riley is. He gets the cream of the crop in recruits at OU and barely got by Baylor then doesn’t fare very well in the playoffs. Usually one and done.
He has already expressed interest in the NFL and there is always a golden parachute waiting for guys like Kelly, Petrino, Spurrier and Saban.

What makes the NFL so unusual is most are expected to fail and get fired. The turnover and only a handful with longevity bear that out. And long timers like Belichick, Carroll and Reid have already been fired from other teams.

I think Riley takes his shot and I think it's with the Cowboys. If he doesn't take any of his coaches at OU with him, he could always return there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has already expressed interest in the NFL and there is always a golden parachute waiting for guys like Kelly, Petrino, Spurrier and Saban.

What makes the NFL so unusual is most are expected to fail and get fired. The turnover and only a handful with longevity bear that out. And long timers like Belichick, Carroll and Reid have already been fired from other teams.

I think Riley takes his shot and I think it's with the Cowboys. If he doesn't take any of his coaches at OU with him, he could always return there.
That’s under the assumption Riley needs a parachute from OU. In that scenario I could see him jumping to the NFL. And I think he’d fail in Dallas or in a league with equal access to talent.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Red zone efficiency and time of possession increase was my point as opposed to trashing the defense.

I appreciate your optimism, and I share it to a degree...

But you dont control the game on defense, and today's rules are set to where scoring is promoted.

Teams that can control the clock, keeping their pass rushers fresh while those on the other team are exhausted, have a clear advantage.

I'm with you on improvement defensively, but if you think that unit will suddenly be dominant and a top defense in the league, you're setting yourself up for serious disappointment.

This team goes as far as the offense takes us...for 2020 at least.

Agree but we will have top 5 Defense and offense this year. That D will shock you. Aldon Smith is huge aquisition and he will turn heads this year, along with Griffen.