CFZ Why I don't think Sean Payton is coming to Dallas

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are making my point. Mike McCarthy had 2 HOF QBs, 1 proven HOF QBs and a no.1 pick that is on his way to the HOF. Payton took Drew Brees from the garbage dump (bad shoulder) to the Super Bowl and the HOF.

I do not like defensive coaches that have not shown they can win the big one like Schottenhiemer, Dan Quinn, or Phil Carroll before Russell Wilson. I prefer Defensive coaches like Belichick, Landry, Johnson, and Parcells who were innovators and leaders of men in their own unique way (from Landry demand for detail, Jimmy Johnson bravado/attack 4-3/mind games, to Parcells motivation). In this way I agree with you regarding defensive coaches.

But Quinn is not a Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick, or Bill Parcells. Remember beside the Super Bowl let down as HC for the Falcons, Quinn let McCarthy and Dak Prescott come from behind and beat the Falcons. He is just not HC material. He is another version of Rod Marinelli.

Quinn is a very good defensive coach but everyone knows now that Kyle Shanahan was more important in Atlanta than Quinn. We need a leader of men and Sean Payton seems to fit that description better than Dan Quinn.

Still, my thinking is this, I still would prefer to look on the defencive side of the ball for an HC for a change. We've tried offense with Garrett and Mike.

basel90

Reaction score
I think Dak can be a SB QB. I think a better oline and kicked will help. Also, Quinn's defence is helping.
Dak had 3 years of elite level OL and did nothing with it . He is just a guy unfortunately. People are fooled by the stats , the nice personality etc etc . But he has huge flaws to make a difference. With elite defense the team can maybe reach the CCG . But in today’s nfl , the QB has tremendous impact and make or break the whole team’s chances . We have seen plenty of Dak for 6 years . 1 playoff win , 24% winning record against winning teams . Not a good indication.