CFZ Why I have optimism for the coming year

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree Hankins is the one that truly looks just plain dumb no matter which direction you come from. $2million is NOTHING. The man was doing a good job and now we have a hole there.
A bigger hole than some realize. We now HAVE TO draft or find a DT in FA. And hope for the same immediate impact that Hankins had.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Losing Hankins over a 2 million dollar deal is a head scratcher for me. 2 million is nothing for a player that could do his job and help stop the run. Was a dumb move
A small cost for a good contributor on the DL. Long gone Ezekiel Elliot will still count $6,040,000 against Dallas's cap in 2024 per Spotrac. That dead money would pay for THREE Hankins. Don't get me started on the future dead money for Prescott....

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Not all teams. Dallas doesn’t even have enough players to have starters much less backups and then QUALITY backups after that.

Philly had many solid backups when they won a title.

If a LB goes down in game 1 who is stepping in? Marquise Bell again? What about a RB? Is Deuce gonna magically carry it 20 times a game?
All teams get screwe

shabazz

Reaction score
Don't have a problem with fans being optimistic, nothing wrong with that.....only if they perceive those who are more realistic are haters and negative influencers. We're all fans, just some more critical than others when it comes to the team. On paper everything can look fantastic, so optimism can run higher than expected. But it ain't always that way most of the time.

Personally i am optimistic with the defense, but pessimistic on the offense. Gonna be a tough year.
Great message with your first paragraph but as far as optimism with the defense I'm just not with ya on that.

No above average DTs or LBs in stopping the run. at least we had Hankins and LVE to help in run stopping but now that both are gone I'm not seeing that problem resolved.

I just can't forget Arizona running for 240 yards on us and that was WITH Hankins and LVE playing

I hope I'm wrong.