CFZ Why I have optimism for the coming year

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
i like how you just breeze past the fact the biggest post season success blocker in the league (Dak) is still here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tony Pollard
Dorance Armstrong
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Tyler Biadsz
Michael Gallup
Stephon Gilmore

There is zero chance Dallas can replace that amount of talent in the draft, or via next man up philosophy.
Looking at all those names other than possibly Gillmore it is next man up time, maybe even Gillmore gets upgraded.

rambo2

Reaction score
Looking at all those names other than possibly Gillmore it is next man up time, maybe even Gillmore gets upgraded.
Or maybe they sign Gilmore for another year or Scott turns out to be a good player.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
It's going to have to be. Dallas can really only count on its top 3 draft picks at best. (my guess is OL, RB, and ???). There's a lot of contributors lost on that list. I'll be shocked if the next best players on the depth chart can equal the production lost. We'll see...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well for one Gilmore might still come back here but what's the difference between Trayvon diggs should he come back healthy, along with Lewis and bland on the outside.. its wash right? we basically had Gilmore, bland and Lewis most of the year.. bland 2nd year on the outside should be better,

I mean would be nice to have Diggs and Gilly outside and bland inside as they hoped last year but doubt there's much drop off if Gilmore is out..

rambo2

Reaction score
I know it's like saying "I'm optimistic I'll be able to sell my car this time because it still has 4 flat tires."
Nope it's being positive because you like the team and looking forward to the new players coming in and don't buy all the negative bs.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Nope it's being positive because you like the team and looking forward to the new players coming in and don't buy all the negative bs.
This sounds like a version of don't believe your lyin' eyes.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
First of all I agree with the other guy most of those guys on that list were either up in age injury prone or underperforming an overpay and we haven't actually lost Gilmore as of yet and I believe Michael gallop still on this team but yeah they might go but the other guys we complained about all the time it was simply depth if you think Armstrong and Gallimore can't be replaced with the guys on this team it's probably why I have you on ignore...

so this goes for all of you because I'm not going to write it again...

Just like the guy tried to write in his post he's correct the guys to replace Armstrong and Gallimore are already on this team, you will go in the draft and get a few of them to replace some of the other guys but none of those guys on that list outside of Gilmore and maybe to a small extent Tyron Smith are a big deal that we lost them but I understand gilmore's coming off major surgery on his shoulder he's still out there by the way and tyron Smith for for years teams have been crying about why is he still on the team, he doesn't play full seasons etcetera etcetera finally jerry finally makes a move and gets rid of them now it's a bad move?

We have some really solid talent along the offensive line it may not be good for depth but them moving up and we shake up the offensive line a little bit isn't a big deal,

did you not notice the lack of a run game, that would be on the offensive line and Tony "overpaid Mr. disappointment as a 1" Pollard.. Losing him isnt a issue,

he was a fourth-round draft pick that couldn't get it done... He literally was a backup, change of pace guy.. once they put more on his plate blocking had to stay on the field more had to run more routes had to be a decoy they wore him out... he was no longer that effective, good riddance, how is that a big deal he's gone??

you get those dudes in the draft isn't that where he came from?, I think rico's better than Pollard when it comes to actual physical running, we should have used him more IMHO... You want to know who can replace Pollard, deuce Vaughn, I know people are going to laugh at that but I'm just talking about getting the 5 to 8 carries a game working out of the backfield with routes, you know doing the third down change of pace stuff, we have that guy that's what Tony did his first couple seasons and that's all we need because we're going to draft a good running back in the draft...

There is turnover every year ,for every team the Baltimore Ravens and also it looks like the bills have lost far more talent they haven't even rebuilt their offensive lines yet... teams are not ready to start tomorrow at least most of them anyway,

the games aren't until September and you act like the draft is the only place to build you do realize we got Hankins Gilmore and cooks with very low draft compensation and we could do that again before the year starts... there are a lot of free agents still out there that will be looked at and brought in after the draft. they will look at this draft and they will get most of what they want what they don't get they will fill in with free agents, undrafted free agents, or a trade or two, like they've done the last three offseason and it turned into twelve wins.

You all act like it's over like there isn't any more free agents left, there is a ton of them actually there are more to be cut down after the draft and before the actual cut downs in preseason they're literally gonna be lots of free agents and again they've gone after undrafted free agents plus they've made trades they have so much more to do in the next 5 months, it isn't all dependent on the draft...
Building a team with guys cut from other teams post draft is a worse idea than building it with free agents prior to the draft. If there are still good free agents available now, the obvious question is, why aren’t the Cowboys interested in any of them? If a quality free agent has not been signed yet he must be asking for too much money. Too much money is already an issue with the Cowboys.

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol, you have no clue. I love every day that goes by as we go into the draft. What players would you like to get?
Guys like Boyzblaster are totally worthless when they can't answer a simple question about who they would want in the draft. It shows a lack of knowledge. Which isn't surprising.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why I have none

Jerry and Stephen - they're complete garbage!
jerry-notepad-3-crop.jpg

No worries, jerry has it all figured out!
The top part is the new offensive scheme for Mike and Dak, I can see a couple of go routes.
The bottom is the new defensive alignment jerry wants Zimmer to employ.
:popcorn:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about the free agents lost and the lack of signings but a look at the position groups shows that this team might actually be better than the last following the draft and free agency.

CB - lost Gilly gained Diggs - backups gained some experience. If Diggs is fully healed this group could be better than last years even with no additions.

S - lost Kearse Thomas and Bell gained experience. Wilson and Hooker still here. Could easily be better than last year.

LB - lost Vander Eshe gained Hendricks and Overshown and will likely draft another plus Clarke will likely be moved to his natural position. I believe this group will be clearly better.

DT - lost Hankenson and Gallimore. Mazi and OSA are the starters and we will likely add 1 in the draft. If Mazi shows any improvement and the draftee does anything this group could easily be better

DE - lost Fowler and Armstrong. Sam Williams is the key here. It’s time for him to step up. If he reaches his potential even this group could be better. I suspect a FA will be brought in late here as well.

Punter kicker and long snapper will be the same

WR - lost our number 3 but he provided nothing. Tolbert gained a year of experience. We will likely add another. Cooks is more familiar with the offense and the chemistry with Dak seemed to improve as the year went on. This group could easily be better

TE - lost no one. Shoenmaker should contribute something and Stephens will be back. This group should be better.

RB - lost a pretty good one but he was recovering from injury and had his worst year as a pro last year. Will likely add one in the draft early. I fully expect the rushing attack to be improved.

QB - as much as we like to speculate Dak will be here so no change here.

OL - we lost two starters here and this is the one group that could possibly be worse but it doesn’t have to be. Let’s see what it looks like following the draft. C can easily be improved. Replacing Tyron is harder but his availability was always in question. The key to this group might be the RT. If he can return to form him and Martin were opening huge running lanes at one time. I can remember Dak taking a QB sneak for about 20 yards because the right side of the line just blew people up. Even this group has a shot at being improved.

There is hope. IMO
The only thing is Diggs only had 1 good year that ended I think with a bad playoff game for him?
That was under Quinn, and he mainly went for ints, and was avg at covering and tackling.
Now he plays for Zimmer which could be totally different and is coming off the acl?
So to me he is a big ? mark, could be same, better, or worse.

In past Dallas has had good depth, which for injurys and in games helps alot. That depth is now gone .
So it depends on who they add as depth , and how good they can play if needed.

Zimmer: this is all new to players, and it is a wait and see deal. could be better, or worse.

Offense: Run game........this is a problem, Draft may determine how good they can be, but they have to draft starters for picks 1.2.3.
you cant draft projects or guys with injurys.
They need at least 1 OL preferably 2 and a RB.
Watching fish and another show, 1 said they are liking the texas RB who had a ACL injury lol. Another bargain for jerry?

Will mike run same offense again? Or will he be innovative? Pass heavy, run heavy ,balanced? Who knows, wasnt all that impressed
with the texas coast offense last year lol.

Dallas cant be better than last season, you can have hope, but I think they will struggle to get 10 wins, and make playoffs.
But it will be fun to watch and see just what does happen.