Why I like Diggs getting beat deep today

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Diggs is not yet, and maybe never will be, a "shutdown" corner. What he excels at is making plays on the ball. He's the anti-Byron Jones.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'd like to hear what he says about it. It was obvious he was playing the underthrow because he knew he had deep help. Let's see if he takes the full responsibility

loublue22

Reaction score
he had deep safety help, he got beat by a step but he let off and didn't even try to contest the pass because he thought the safety should pick it off

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He’s the defensive m v p. He’s going to get better of course but that play makes him even more coachable. What happens if he keeps getting ints and slowly starts to give up less and less yards? You have a top 3 corner ever.
Give Matt Jones some credit. That took balls and it was a perfect throw. 1 touchdown to 7 interceptions and 2 pick six’s. I will take it.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Diggs is not yet, and maybe never will be, a "shutdown" corner. What he excels at is making plays on the ball. He's the anti-Byron Jones.

Good points but he's trending there. Remember Deion was often SMOKED in his first couple of years. It took him 2-3 years to solidify the "shutdown" label in ATL. Not saying Diggs has the same trajectory but let the kid develop. He's only getting better.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Love the casuals that dont know football. It was clearly the safety's responsibility and had the zone there

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was let down by his safety, any good free safety intercepts that pass EASILY....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm ordering a #7 jersey... And for clarity, I've never owned a jersey in my life, and I'm 51 and lived through the 70s super bowls when Drew Pearson was my idol, was in my 20s in the 90s when we won 3 titles and Irvin and Aikman were my guys, in the 2000s when prime time was my guy, but this Diggs guy, I'm getting it.

Gaede

Reaction score
That TD was on the safety. Diggs got beat for a first down, but the safety should've been there for the tackle