Why I like Diggs getting beat deep today

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think he thought the safety was going to make the play. He looked shocked when he missed. Yeah, he played risky for the end of the game, but that same risky just scored 7 points and put us back in the ball game.

fansince68

Reaction score
He’s the defensive m v p. He’s going to get better of course but that play makes him even more coachable. What happens if he keeps getting ints and slowly starts to give up less and less yards? You have a top 3 corner ever.
He is supposed to have safety help over the top. He plays sorta like a Robber/cb position

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I like it because it exposes #18 the ghost. Hooker needs to start over him.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think he was measuring it for another INT, but the pass was perfect. What I don’t get is what the hell the safety was doing on that play. He came flying in, right in Diggs vision, but sidestepped/undercut the pass with his arm up instead of making the hit/tackle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The S came up too quick and over shot his position. It was still on Diggs. But if the S stayed back it probably was not a TD.

JBS

Reaction score
Let’s not get it twisted. He was beat for a reception. For sure. No way that play should have been a td. Kazee was horrific on that play. The reason Diggs was so upset was bc he thought he had safety help.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Cousins is good for a pick or 2. Diggs gets another in 2 weeks…

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He was suppose to have safety on top and it was missed, he was just shown chasing the guy.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He’s the defensive m v p. He’s going to get better of course but that play makes him even more coachable. What happens if he keeps getting ints and slowly starts to give up less and less yards? You have a top 3 corner ever.
It wasn't so much as him getting beat, he played that technique thinking he had safety help and Kazee took the wrong angle. He's a ballhawk who's going to give up some plays.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Very odd because he easily caught up to the WR and has great ball skills. Seems like he thought 18 was going to swoop in?
That is what I believe happened. Diggs closed on the receiver and saw the safety coming so he backed away to avoid being caught up in the collision that should have happened. You see him immediately look to the safety like ***?!?!?! Then tries chasing the receiver.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
yeah, i know what you mean, but i don’t think diggs is that guy, and i don’t like the play even if some positives may come
It seemed to me the entire defense started reading the headlines. I don't think Parsons had a particularly good game. He needs to stay off twitter responding to criticism.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know what happened on that play it looks like Diggs slowed down because he thought the safety was in position to make a play on the ball.
Which he was, but it looked like he overran him, trying to play the ball. I could be mistaken. Only saw it in real time.