Why I think Johnny Football might be worth a look

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Before everyone runs me out of here just think about it. He is young, dumb and you know what. You have to admit he has elite skills although we have just seen glimpses at this level. He is smart, has a good arm, and can scramble. He is on a terrible team that has been bad for QB's. I think the guy can be good, really good. It may take a couple of years but someone is going to get a good QB. I know now is a terrible time to bring this up due to how his career is going but something tells me he's going to come back with another team and do really well. Now, bash away........Oh, when he does, I'm not the type to say I told u so. But I'm keeping up with this post just in case.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Was the thread title supposed to end with "drunk" or "duck"? OR was it really supposed to be "dunk?

Curious minds want to know.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I don't think he will cost much. Let him sit behind Romo and see what he's got........

zack

Reaction score
Before everyone runs me out of here just think about it. He is young, dumb and you know what. You have to admit he has elite skills although we have just seen glimpses at this level. He is smart, has a good arm, and can scramble. He is on a terrible team that has been bad for QB's. I think the guy can be good, really good. It may take a couple of years but someone is going to get a good QB. I know now is a terrible time to bring this up due to how his career is going but something tells me he's going to come back with another team and do really well. Now, bash away........Oh, when he does, I'm not the type to say I told u so. But I'm keeping up with this post just in case.

If there wasn't all the off field, media drama, yes he might be worth a look. But the problem is that he would always be a distraction, just like any media magnet like Tebow would. That is the bigger problem. So no, it would never work here.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Have you seen how much fan/media distraction there has been for the Cowboys with Hardy slapping the clipboard out of the ST coaches hands and Randle leaving the facility one day this week?

That would be 10,000x with Manziel here.

JDSmith

Reaction score

No matter what physical skills a guy possesses, if his head isn't right it will be wasted. Manziel is a *******, plain and simple. You can say 'He is smart, has a good arm, and can scramble' but doesn't that describe RG3? Look how well that's turned out.

I don't care about physical skills provided a guy meets a certain level. Once a player gets beyond that which is absolutely required to play the position, the game becomes mental. Manziel has proven himself to be a mental midget. I really don't think he's suddenly going to become mature in his mid 20's. If he's still a child now he's likely to remain one.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Have you seen how much fan/media distraction there has been for the Cowboys with Hardy slapping the clipboard out of the ST coaches hands and Randle leaving the facility one day this week?

That would be 10,000x with Manziel here.

I see what your saying but we already get all the attention. IF Johnny could come here and keep his cool and just lay low it would work. He would need a good talking to beforehand though. I know right now he just looks lost out there but I think he's going to be really good and Dallas is somewhere he would love to go. I've always thought he would be great...I still do.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
JACFQB. Just another college football quarterback.

I just don't believe that. He hasn't handled the fame well at all but he wants to win and has no weapons and limited playing time in Cleveland. If he doesn't do something stupid and turns his head around he'll be good.

Eddie

Reaction score
Man, we must be low and desperate ... starting threads about acquiring JM. What a joke.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I see what your saying but we already get all the attention. IF Johnny could come here and keep his cool and just lay low it would work. He would need a good talking to beforehand though. I know right now he just looks lost out there but I think he's going to be really good and Dallas is somewhere he would love to go. I've always thought he would be great...I still do.

Pretty sure he's had many a good talking twos. He just isn't getting IT.

chagus

Reaction score
If we know Jerry, Manzel will be a Cowboy in a couple of seasons. I've been saying this to buddies for awhile now.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'm on board with this, especially considering that I'm not really sold on these QB prospects in the draft anyway.