Why I think Johnny Football might be worth a look

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say that he is smart. You say that if he just keeps cool and lays low.

The guy is an idiot who cannot stay cool or lay low and he has proved it multiple times.

Now throw him in the middle of texas, where he seems to keep coming back to party already, and in the dallas cowboys media spotlight and all of a sudden the idiot who can not control himself will be the model citizen while he sits backs and waits to take over for Tony Romo down the road.

I say this with "some" respect...What universe are you living in man.

KB1122

Reaction score
Extremely competitive. Good learner. Strong arm. Best of all, seems to be able to hit receiver when they are "NFL open," even if some of his receivers catch those passes like Special Olympians. Size and pocket-presence are still (related) questions.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Have you seen how much fan/media distraction there has been for the Cowboys with Hardy slapping the clipboard out of the ST coaches hands and Randle leaving the facility one day this week?

That would be 10,000x with Manziel here.

Have you seen how little the Jones' care about media bull?

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Before everyone runs me out of here just think about it. He is young, dumb and you know what. You have to admit he has elite skills although we have just seen glimpses at this level. He is smart, has a good arm, and can scramble. He is on a terrible team that has been bad for QB's. I think the guy can be good, really good. It may take a couple of years but someone is going to get a good QB. I know now is a terrible time to bring this up due to how his career is going but something tells me he's going to come back with another team and do really well. Now, bash away........Oh, when he does, I'm not the type to say I told u so. But I'm keeping up with this post just in case.

Hell no, we have enough dysfunctional people on our roster.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Extremely competitive. Good learner. Strong arm. Best of all, seems to be able to hit receiver when they are "NFL open," even if some of his receivers catch those passes like Special Olympians. Size and pocket-presence are still (related) questions.

"Good learner"? Based on what?

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but there is no possible way that Johnny Football (or RG3) for that matter could ever make it in a Jason Garrett run offense. None.

The whole offense would have to be redesigned around his strengths (and weaknesses) and JG would see the "other" issues and never give him the chance. JG would make sure he failed or was never given the chance to begin with.

JF might excel with Chip Kelly or either of the Harbaughs, but stands no chance with Jason Garrett in my opinion.