Why I Think Next Season Looks Promising

ESisback

Reaction score
The majority of the fan base isn’t going to be optimistic because the team once again burned the fans and most don’t believe Dak is the answer. Just look at all the Dak hate on the board. We found out this season it’s going take more than Parsons to get it done. Our record is not likely to be as good next season. The overall team may not be as good. Had it not been for a weak division we may not have made the playoffs. We swept the NFC East and faced a number of very average QBs. Not trying to be negative but I wouldn’t get my hopes up for next season.

While I agree that our rivals in the NFCE were down, the division still had a better regular season record than two others.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Because we have a new owner who’s not a Jones,a new disciplinarian type coach,and a new OC?

BermyStar

Reaction score
I actually appreciate his take. He’s certainly being respectful of differing opinions. That’s somewhere we can all do a better job, myself included.
I appreciate that Stash. After all, we're all on the same squad!

BermyStar

Reaction score
I will start my annual investment into the 2022 draft shortly, but just want to come away with best at position available in this draft.
We have several areas to target, so we could draft the highest rated Guard early at this point and would be a need.
Just havent built a solid board yet, start working next week on the talent tier and how it ranks in this draft class for starters.
Have to hit with current draft picks and potential/soon to be losses, on at least 3 starters via draft or FA to even stay somewhat competitive.
I wasn't planning to even think about the draft until post Superbowl. But last night I get a notification that Cavanaugh had Brugler on... and Dane, for my money, is the best to listen to regarding the draft. So he got me all geared up now...I'm a sucker for real lol

raven55

Reaction score
hope springs eternal, see you in future drafts that's the future

Jipper

Reaction score
I know, Ive been paying attention

Well then I would assume you know being "competitive" and missing the playoffs every single time they have won the nfce in the previous year ( in the 2000s) equates to sucking

Which my original point

nobody

Reaction score
You don't suck when you lead the league in points scored. However, your take does suck.

Really? How did that help them in the playoffs? Or against playoff caliber teams in the regular season? There was serious stat padding against awful teams. THAT is why they led the league in scoring.

People need to stop looking at stats and look at how they do in the playoffs. Moore called a terrible game. The entire team choked from the top down. That includes Moore. That includes the players.

More called dynamic, fantastic games the first part of the season and then transformed into Garrett. I don't trust him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well then I would assume you know being "competitive" and missing the playoffs every single time they have won the nfce in the previous year ( in the 2000s) equates to sucking

Which my original point
Yes I know your original point which was lame. of course, it equated to sucking.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
This is not directed at you....I guess it is born out of 25+ years of frustration, but....

"We needed more work, more players".....this ALWAYS seems to be the case for the COWBOYS.

Bengals took a 3rd year head coach and a 2nd year QB....in a franchise that has not won a playoff game in over 30 years...and they are in the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!

No Problem Dude. I know you are frustrated, Believe ME I know.

One reason is, to me it hasnt been 25 years. Every time we hire a new coach we start over again. Bill Belichek has been in the same spot forever.

Bill, Wade, Gailey, Jason, Hell even Campo (Now thats frustration for your *** right there).

Point is I'm going to watch and hope this administration gets it right (Then I'll be frustrated)

CCBoy

Reaction score
For me, it's all about aggressive play calling and play making.

If Moore plays conservative focusing on short throws and comebacks most of the time or if Dak is afraid to throw the ball to receivers running vertically away from the protection of the sidelines, it will be more of the same as it was this season with a few extra losses as the other NFC East teams improve some over this past season.
Leadership sustaining the talent! At Coaching levels now...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
3rd - We can't keep force feeding Zeke can we?

Are you new here?

We force fed Zeke while he had a knee injury and Pollard was one of the best-rated RBs in the league. When Zeke's knee is better you expect fewer touches?

rambo2

Reaction score
Really? How did that help them in the playoffs? Or against playoff caliber teams in the regular season? There was serious stat padding against awful teams. THAT is why they led the league in scoring.

People need to stop looking at stats and look at how they do in the playoffs. Moore called a terrible game. The entire team choked from the top down. That includes Moore. That includes the players.

More called dynamic, fantastic games the first part of the season and then transformed into Garrett. I don't trust him.
They did just as good as pretty much every team in the league to go 12 and 5.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s never too early for optimism for some fans. There was one fan already predicting big things for the Cowboys in 2022 immediately after their loss to San Francisco in the playoffs. It usually takes until the draft for the wounds to heal for most fans from the previous season. I don’t think there’s going to be near as many optimistic fans heading into the 2022 season after the disappointment this season.

Optimistic? What did ol' Jerrah die or somethin'?

nobody

Reaction score
They did just as good as pretty much every team in the league to go 12 and 5.

Hey, if you enjoy being post-season failures because they led the league in scoring in the regular season, that's well and good. Bully for you.

I'll hold them to a higher standard.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Hey, if you enjoy being post-season failures because they led the league in scoring in the regular season, that's well and good. Bully for you.

I'll hold them to a higher standard.

I think for many the standards have been lowered too much after years of not having playoff success. Geez I remember the 94 Season when the 49ers beat us in the NFC Championship, was the worst I ever felt ending the season, because back then anything less than a superbowl was a major failure. Now people define a successful season as a player having great stats and that is good enough for them.