Why is a defensive tackle so important to this team right now?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Because an injured RB and an overweight RB gashed us for 273 yards in the most important game of the season and we couldn't get our defense off the field.

CJ was the fattest running back I have ever seen since Heyward. I mean country BBQ fat. They have been missing that middle of the line monster for a long time. A productive 1 tech would be nice.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
your lines are your foundation. shortest distance between two points is a straight line. nuff said.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
CJ was the fattest running back I have ever seen since Heyward. I mean country BBQ fat. They have been missing that middle of the line monster for a long time. A productive 1 tech would be nice.
Landry and Johnson's teams always had dominant presences inside.

Don't know why it's an afterthought now. Marinelli maybe?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Landry and Johnson's teams always had dominant presences inside.

Don't know why it's an afterthought now. Marinelli maybe?

He does seem to support smaller interior guys. I also think Dallas doesn’t traditionally invest at the position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This. We made CJ freaking Anderson look like Eric Dickerson
umm over react much not ED but Lagarett Blount or Marshawn Lynch, yes we got rolled over but most of the year we were solid..we got outcoached and punched in the mouth..

DL inside is important but the the last game wasn't snap shot of who we are and a lot ore way over reacting..I blame more of the Rams game on coaching not ready, no adjustments, and just didnt seem to want to over commit to stopping the rams run game because they were scared to get burnt by Mcvays high flying offense.. it seemed as if they would rather allow running thinking it would slow down enough and not give up the big play.. this has been Mrainellis Identity for along time bend dont break, they broke and at some point you after the 2nd quarter have to burn the game plan and go out and stop what the other team is doing and worry about countering later..

in some ways this is also JG identity play not to lose and they wanted it close and in reality we failed but 8 points isnt a blow out on the road playing team that and 2 weeks to create this plan..this is why a lot of us wanted Garett and Linehan gone and along with Marinelli just start over.. its less about the players IMO

I want some coaches who just say **** and throw out the kitchen sink to try and win, win or lose it would feel like we did everything possible..