Why is country music so depressing?

Hardline

Reaction score
I can listen to "cry in your beer" country music all day.
Just don't force me to listen to Luke Bryan or Florida Georgia line and we'll be fine.

I draw the line at pop country,tractor rap .

I however love REAL country music like what you would hear on the Grand Ole Oprey .
Other than Symphonic Metal,Black Metal or Goth Metal country is my favorite genre of music especially Red Dirt and Outlaw country.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Every song is about heartbreak or losing the girl you love. Even their love song is depressing as most song has to do with Whiskey or some sort of liquor.

I'm from the south so country music is in my blood but I still wonder if I listen to country music because I'm a depress person?
no.
you listen to it because you have good taste:thumbup:

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I can listen to "cry in your beer" country music all day.
Just don't force me to listen to Luke Bryan or Florida Georgia line and we'll be fine.

I draw the line at pop country,tractor rap .

I however love REAL country music like what you would hear on the Grand Ole Oprey .
Other than Symphonic Metal,Black Metal or Goth Metal country is my favorite genre of music especially Red Dirt and Outlaw country.

I like Florida Georgia line, Luke Bryan but I also like all the old school country as well. My favorite band used to be Sugarland but now I don't really have a favorite band, I kind of just love them all. I like pop country but for some reason I don't like pop music. The mix of pop and country makes it a unique genre of music.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Every song is about heartbreak or losing the girl you love. Even their love song is depressing as most song has to do with Whiskey or some sort of liquor.

I'm from the south so country music is in my blood but I still wonder if I listen to country music because I'm a depress person?
Blimey!
Country music has long turned from depressing My Wife left Me lyrics. Now it is LETS PARTY, LETS MAKE LOVE, LETS GO TO THE COAST AND DRINK, GET YOUR DRINKING BOOTS ON!!!

Rock has taken over country and now it is pretend country for young people with lots of pop and rock.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
HAH! You're going to have to try something else to get me to click. The jumbo "fiddle" and banjo are dead give aways. I suspect country music is played in hell anyway.
Music is mathematics. They make sense or they don't. The music genres is irreverent. The issue with music today is people decide what music they like and force themselves to like **** because that is all their genres is producing.

Open your mind to all music. The groove lives in all music or that music wouldn't exist. If the magic is there, you will hear it if you give it the chance. Though lets be clear. If talented people aren't playing that music at the time. All that genres of music will be crap. As a heavy metal fan. I'm extremely well aware of that truth.

So, what I'm saying is. Don't discount all country music. There is real talented music there. Just don't take today's fair as the truth of what that genres of music truly is. If today's country was the first country. Country music would have never created the country music genres. Rap, metal, classical. All the same. Those genres of music were built from talented individuals. Go find the musicians that created that genres. Those are the guys who set the first standard and made people who never heard of that music gravitate to them!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

It's quite possible yer' just that damp& clammy wet blanket cloaked type of perennially misguided loser in life kinda' guy of a dysfunctional casing-liner,,, er,,,but then again, I don't torture my "inner centeredness" by allowing the continued listening too&of very much of it,at all,,just saying,FRIENDo_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Blimey!
Country music has long turned from depressing My Wife left Me lyrics. Now it is LETS PARTY, LETS MAKE LOVE, LETS GO TO THE COAST AND DRINK, GET YOUR DRINKING BOOTS ON!!!

Rock has taken over country and now it is pretend country for young people with lots of pop and rock.
Talk to any long time "aspiring" garage band rock musicians& the overwhelming majority (locals who are still in chasing the dream mode)
Had to bare right & pursue an eagles type of middle ground approach in order to keep picking up part time paying gigs

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I started to write a country music song long ago, but could not get past the title ..

It was called, "My Dog Done Left Me and My House Done Rolled Away"

I still get choked up thinking about it .. :
:lmao: maybe if you'd had a couple of yer' Good timing buddies helped you remove the wheels off yer' once mobile tenement, you'd of only shed tears outta' just one eye,,, o_O,,, :facepalm:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I started to write a country music song long ago, but could not get past the title ..

It was called, "My Dog Done Left Me and My House Done Rolled Away"

I still get choked up thinking about it .. :

:laugh::laugh:
Reminds me of the old Jerry Reed tune, she got the goldmine and I got the shaft.
Also who can forget, I'm at home getting hammered and shes out getting nailed.